It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Circumcision is Unnatural and should be class as Child Mutilation.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by newBodyoldSoul
As a parent, what the hell does it matter what I do with my child?

Your child is not your property. He or she is a human being that you are responsible for looking after.

You can ''justify'' any child abuse based on your above comment.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

As a parent, what the hell does it matter what I do with my child? As long as I raise him to be a good friend and neighbor and to contribute to society in a positive light, what does it matter if he's circumcised or not? I don't understand people's need to be intolerant of others. It's not your job to judge.

"Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding." - Gandhi

edit - Before someone tries to come in here attacking me, I'll repeat myself: It's not your job to judge. Your stance on what is tolerable differs from the next, which differs from the other 6 billion people on Earth.
edit on 24-2-2011 by newBodyoldSoul because: (no reason given)

If your neighbor clipped their child's earlobes, with the excuse that it makes the child prettier and prevents dirt and sebum from collecting behind the ears, what exactly would you do about it?

I find it amusing that so many people who think that docking tails and cropping ears on dogs is unnatural and inhumane, let hacking off a chunk of flesh from a human infant is something to admire and celebrate. Weird.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I wasn't trying to justify anything, because your opinion doesn't matter when it comes to raising MY child.

There are legit pros and cons to circumcision, as with everything else we do in life. Worry about problems that pertain to YOU directly. It's pointless to anger yourself over things in which you have no control. So continue to "justify" your beliefs as "right".

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

When someone tries to equate female genital mutilation with circumcision, I just do a face palm at the ignorance.

I know I have shared information which without a doubt explains the HUGE difference between the two, while you (and others) continue to refuse to "deny ignorance".

Circumcision and female genital mutilation are not the same things, no matter how much you (and others) would like it to be true. Just one important example? Female genital mutilation causes many health problems including cancer, while male circumcision stops many problems, INCLUDING..... penile cancer.

If you really want to do more than just whine about your penis, educate yourself. Otherwise I suspect those of you who refuse to educate yourself on the real subject of male circumcision vs female genital mutilation just like to whine.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Why should only men be circumcised? Some women have an odor that's unpleasant. If Its good for men then it must be good for women as well. That extra skin girls are born with is unsightly and could harbor fungus, cut it off before they can feel it. There is more than one type of female circumcision, trimming the hood and labia wont cause any problems.
How can a foreskin cause cancer in one person but having an intact hood and labia prevent it?
Where are your sources?

God gives man foreskin, God commands man to cut it off. The mark of the beast.

edit on 24-2-2011 by beholdblight because: People fight about what makes them different,

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If a person grows into a mature human being with a foreskin, they still have the option of loping it off.

By leaving it alone, a child is left with all possible options.

I see no reason why this is not in the best interests of a person.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by beholdblight
God gives man foreskin, God commands man to cut it off. The mark of the beast.

edit on 24-2-2011 by beholdblight because: People fight about what makes them different,

God commands YOU to cut YOUR'S off. Not someone else's. If it the mark of a covenant, then it should be done by a person of age to make that covenant or else it is false.

(of course, the person who told you all that you need to remove yours - well he was probably born without a foreskin. Amusing that.)
edit on 2011/2/24 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

OMG I almost fell off my chair. Spoken like a woman whop likes her men groomed tight.

I could not agree with you more. If my parents left the choice up to me a can tell you with all honesty women are very releaved to see a mushroom cap instead of Mr. Snuffle.

I could not imaging being 16 years old and having to make the decision skin or no skin.

With out a doubt no skin.

mom and dad thanks you so much for not letting me make that decision on my own. I dont even remeber it and I didn't feel a thing.

I saw my son get done right in front of me 5 years ago. And when the doc looked over to me I said that is his pride and joy right there dont mess it up.

He looked over and smiled and said I am a little ocd so bear with me I like to make sure it is perfect.

Roger that doc have at it.

And he was not kidding he made the nurse reposition the light and re adjust his tools like 4 times. I'm like get it done already doc.

By the way doc you did a great job. I didn't get the name donkey for nothing.

Snip snip snip. Usually the people against the snip are usually people who have the snuffle.

jkust like the people who are against guns are sitting pretty on their castle and never have to venture out into the suburbs or better yet Mattapan or east boston.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
As a woman, I have no preference. Thanks.

But the guy who had one - well he had more fun. Think on that.

My husband is "docked" and so is my brother. Neither of their sons are. Because they happen to believe that that choice belongs to their sons.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I wasn't trying to justify anything, because your opinion doesn't matter when it comes to raising MY child.

Your highly defensive stance only reveals the fact that you are struggling to justify this to yourself, let alone to anybody else.

Considering that - using your logic - you could chop up your child's ears, fingers or nose, makes me wonder what other things you'd attempt to ''justify'' as solely your business.

You don't own your children.

There are legit pros and cons to circumcision, as with everything else we do in life. Worry about problems that pertain to YOU directly.

What a horribly selfish and myopic viewpoint: ''worry about problems that pertain to you directly''.

I'm afraid not, and I have no qualms about making you feel uncomfortable about over this, as this primitive behaviour needs to stop.

It's pointless to anger yourself over things in which you have no control. So continue to "justify" your beliefs as "right".

I'm not actually particularly angry. I have no need to justify my belief on this matter as ''right'', seeing as logic and generally accepted standards of morality vindicate my position.

It appears that you're the one who is taking this to heart, which I'm guessing is down to a guilty conscience.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Spoken like a true anti circumcisnist.

Is that even a word.

Come on bud how about plastic surgery and mastectomy where a woman has cancer and has to remove her breast.

How about when my father was young and the doctor told my grandfather that they needed to cut off my dads arm because he had lead poisioning and had the streak up his arm.

me grandfather told the doctor that if they cut off my dad arm he would cut off the doctors arm.

Needless to say my dads arm is just fine.

If the extra skin is a potential source of infection which it is. Then snip it already.

It is a preference.

How about a woman who has a very large extramely large labia and she wold like to have reconstruction would you call that gential mutilation.

I bet she would disagree.

Now if your talking about femal genital mutilation which goes on with a piece of glass as the guys hold down a defensless girl well that is mutilation.

And just wrong.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Roger that I agree 100%. you are correct there is no comparision.

Star for you.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
*ehem* Female here. I prefer au naturale. More fun for both parties, IMO.

Anyhoo....Regarding children, I have 3 boys and all are uncut. It is my understanding that at is a Jewish tradition to have a child circumcised and my family is not Jewish, so...that's mostly how my decision was made. That, and I simply could not hand my tiny, newborn infant over to someone with the intention of taking a knife to his teeny little parts. Dad agreed on both.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beholdblight

Precisely.

Female circumcision is seen for what it is in the West, because it has never been been commonly practiced in Western society.

Whereas male circumcision is defended because it has been commonly practiced for centuries in Western society, and therefore considered ''normal''.

This is how societies stagnate and fail to move forward, by people holding on to religious and cultural practices at the expense of common sense, logic and ethics.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I didn't even realise this was still carried out until I got on the net, heck 20% of my hometown (500,000) are either Jewish or of Jewish decent and I still know of no one around here who has been circumcised.

So I'm not even sure about the idea this is a religious thing, seems more like a cultural thing to me..

I have asked a few girlies over the last few years if they have seen a circumcised one (prob more chance than me
) and thus far no one I know has seen one first hand

While anecdotal in nature, the predominant response was "ouch" or "ewww yuck" at the idea of a circumcised penis..

So I guess where your born will give rise to your response.. and mine (with everything intact) is that I could never allow anyone to mutilate my son this way..
edit on 24/2/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Just have to chime in here and say from a woman's point of view..

Uncircumcised penises are disgusting. Sorry guys. And I'd reckon most women feel this way. Some dont care, but I'd be willing to say there arent a lot of women who actually PREFER an uncircumcised penis. But when women are speaking honestly, like perhaps with other women..it is typically the view that uncircumcised puts us off.

you cannot compare this with the mutilation of the female vagina when the clitoris is removed. that means absolutely no pleasure for the woman. for a man, its obvious pleasure is not taken away and some men you can talk to who were uncircumcised and were circumcised later in life will tell you they prefer it too.

Its up to the parent really. I'd say let the kid decide later in life, but I've known some guys like that and being circumcised later in life has psychologically scarred some of them...so maybe thats not the best idea.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Why do you care? Child Mutilation? OK, how about parents to have their children (under the age of 18, hence minors) get their ears pierced? Thats certainly mutilation. How about we go out and find all of the teenage girls with their belly buttons pierced and toss their parents in jail. Same with tattoos.

Circumcision is a preference and its not your business unless its your son or your organ

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Xavialune

And I have yet to meet a woman who agrees with you.. all of the ones I have spoken to prefer their men complete and find the idea of a circumcised ones ugly. for me your comments reinforce my feeling this is a cultural thing.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Personally I think its a semite thing and their religions. One lot bite the foreskin off their sons and the other lot chop the girls clit off. Just a bunch of sick religious perverts. If god didnt want us to have a fore skin, he wouldnt have given us one same with the clit.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xavialune

Where you live perhaps that is so. I don't care.

If a man prefered that you didn't have a clit because it is disgusting, and all the men in the area agreed, would you cut yours off.

Foreskin is not disgusting. People with bad hygenie are.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join