It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$5.40 a gallon for unleaded gas!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well here in the UK its around £1.30 per litre which makes almost £5.90 per gallon, and it still going up! In US Dollars that would be about $9.50 per gallon. I might start smuggling and selling petrol on the black market, Ill be a rich man

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This is a planned and created coup in the Middle East to bring countries to their knees.
If you don't see this by now then, you're not paying attention and pretty much, on your own. Not sure what the solution is (except get as self-sustaining as possible but that's nearly IMPOSSIBLE) but things are only going to get MUCH worse. We're going to be wishing it was Feb 2011 again....very soon!

Prediction Of Oil Price 'Double Doom'

Food and unemployment are going to sky rocket within the next few weeks causing speculation & assurance that the collapse of the dollar.. to be imminent!
And with the treat of Tyche (aka: Nibiru) lurking in the outer solar system, the future looks very uncertain.

edit on 24-2-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulos
Well here in the UK its around £1.30 per litre which makes almost £5.90 per gallon, and it still going up! In US Dollars that would be about $9.50 per gallon. I might start smuggling and selling petrol on the black market, Ill be a rich man

to true i wish the usa would shut up im sick of seeing threads about fuel prices in america it makes me depressed at how good they have it it costs me 60 quid to fill ma car up lol

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It all feels so... manufactured.. because I heard on the radio news a couple of weeks ago that gas prices were actually going to DROP for a while, because they have a surplus of "Winter Blend" they have to sell off quickly, to make room for the "Summer Blend". Seems the winter blend doesn't go so swell in our cars when it gets warmer.

An explanation here about the blends, and why they do it:

www.theoildrum.com...

Summer blend also changes your MPG, so you may notice more MPG than you got over the winter.

Cars using summer-blend gasoline spew fewer harmful emissions and get slightly better fuel economy than those using winter-blend gas during the summer months.

Link< br />

edit on 24-2-2011 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by birdyat101

to true i wish the usa would shut up im sick of seeing threads about fuel prices in america it makes me depressed at how good they have it it costs me 60 quid to fill ma car up lol

Cost me $80.00 to fill my car on regular unleaded. If I were driving a diesel that cost would be $75.00 So Americans and Canadians complaining about the price of gas is as relative to you bitching about filling the tank on your Renault! PLUS.....Americans and Canadians produce oil. Canada is the second largest exporter of crude oil to the U.S. next to Saudi Arabia.....Please explain to me why I'm paying more for my gas than my American brothers and sisters ????

It's all speculation and trading....Nothing more !

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by birdyat101

Do you have a long commute? Many Americans live as much as an hour away from their work places. My family lives paycheck to paycheck as many Americans currently are. My spouse commutes 500 miles a week. This does not include grocery trips.$5 a gallon gas will ruin us. We drive a fairly economical car and it cost $66 to fill up two nights ago. Gas has since gone up.

We do not have the best public transportation in certain areas of this country. Biking to work is out of the question for many. People had a fit over gas when it reached $3 /gal but it did not bankrupt us. This could!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Tulsa , Oklahoma : $3.09 .

Up $0.10 since yesterday , where I shop .
edit on 24-2-2011 by ReRun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Three fold: 1) to get rid of dictators who wont give up sovereignty to a world government. 2) to create chaos out of which to introduce order thru world governance, 3) to spread the chaos from the current countries to Iran (to topple the islamic government there) and to the US (once the dollar crisis creates an historic "misery index). They like 3s (ie 6-6-6).

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Dallas Texas area ranges between $3.09 -$3.29 per gallon.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Northern Ny checking in here- Last week I filled up and gas cost 3.19/gal, that was on Sunday the 13th

Yesterday I noticed the average local gas prices had shot up to $3.29-$3.39
This morning on the way to work they had gone up again to $3.43-$3.49

My families personal gas bill is almost as much as our rent....

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Exactly man, We're all going through it... some worse like us in the UK.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

You have to take in to consideration that Europe does not produce petrol at all and only import it thus most of the cost is for shipping and taxes.....

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder

Cost me $80.00 to fill my car on regular unleaded. If I were driving a diesel that cost would be $75.00 So Americans and Canadians complaining about the price of gas is as relative to you bitching about filling the tank on your Renault! PLUS.....Americans and Canadians produce oil. Canada is the second largest exporter of crude oil to the U.S. next to Saudi Arabia.....Please explain to me why I'm paying more for my gas than my American brothers and sisters ????

It's all speculation and trading....Nothing more !

its a golf not a renault and $80 to fill your car up if i filled mine up it would cost me $120 (about dono what the exchange is atm) in your money

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Ohhh In love the Golf, nice car. TDI I suppose ? has a what ....45 litter tank ? You fill it with diesel and get 1500 kms per tank ?

I have a Honda Oddessy with a 75 litter tank and I get...When I'm doing highway driving at 100km/h...close to 650 kms.

I wish we had diesel Honda's here in Canada.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by of the Ether

Do you have a long commute? Many Americans live as much as an hour away from their work places. My family lives paycheck to paycheck as many Americans currently are. My spouse commutes 500 miles a week. This does not include grocery trips.$5 a gallon gas will ruin us. We drive a fairly economical car and it cost $66 to fill up two nights ago. Gas has since gone up.

We do not have the best public transportation in certain areas of this country. Biking to work is out of the question for many. People had a fit over gas when it reached $3 /gal but it did not bankrupt us. This could!

you all need to move closer to work or quit and you dont think us brits live payday to payday? are vats just gone up to 20% on every thing but you want to know a secret?? us brits make a joke about and move on because thats life lifes unfair wake up smell the tea and man up and get back in touch with your british side!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I live 35km away from my work, I paid my house 160gs, to purchase the same house next to my work area would of cost me 345gs, I'be been working here for 8 years and spending $80.00 a week on gas...you do the math !

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder

Ohhh In love the Golf, nice car. TDI I suppose ? has a what ....45 litter tank ? You fill it with diesel and get 1500 kms per tank ?

I have a Honda Oddessy with a 75 litter tank and I get...When I'm doing highway driving at 100km/h...close to 650 kms.

I wish we had diesel Honda's here in Canada.

i whish it was a tdi lol no its a 1.8 turbo 180 bhp and about 24 miles to the gallon and £234 a year on tax lol

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
When gas prices skyrocketed back in 2008, I noticed a surge in the popularity of scooters and bicycles. People grumbled a lot about the price of fuel, but kept on buying it. After several months, when prices fell, most of those scooters and bicycles seemed to get parked in people's garages and disappeared from the roads.

If the price of gasoline climbs high again, i expect to see the exact same pattern repeated.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

i just had to google a Honda Oddessy lol what engine size is it?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Fox Molder

i just had to google a Honda Oddessy lol what engine size is it?

Here she is...Exact same
www.edmunds.com...

Got a 3.5 litter V6

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join