It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolts all over the Middle East, yet only Libya is in the news?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Anybody else curious about the details of what's happening in places like Bahrain, Yemen, Tunisia, etc. while all these revolts are taking place? There are mass protests happening in each of these places, yet the MSM seems focused on Libya, like they were on Egypt right before that.

It's as if the whole region is imploding.... Is it orchestrated? If so, to what end, and who's doing it? Us? Others?

At first, the US seems a likely suspect...but I can't see us a) pulling it off, or b) wanting more Shiites in power than Sunnis.

There is definitely way more to what's happening than mere coincidence.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I don`t believe america is involved as there are to many problems going on in the US,and they have distanced themselves from it because like the rest of free living countries it is putting more expense being involved.
It looks like internet has revealed somethings the people in the region don`t like and the fact that globally there is less to go around has stimulated it..

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
RT news last night on tv actually was talking about how the US media is only concentrating on certain ones. Strange for sure what is going on. Either way something big is unfolding.

Deebo

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I have threads on pretty much all of the above, and Jordan and Djibouti and Morocco too, so there has been news. Not a lot of activity in them. But it's funny, my thread on Libya was early too, and at first no one really cared about that either...until the body count started nearing 100.

edit on 2/24/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I think a lot has to do with how bad things are in Libya, Egypt now seems a walk in the park by comparrison. Libya has high grade crude oil, which is potentially under threat. Gadaffi is still in power and killing his own citizens and no media has been able to really get in. I think once this dies down, the focus will go back to Egypt and the other countries or maybe on to a new country, who knows?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Ivory Coast is the one I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned in the news since there has been deadly force against protesters. Once there is bloodshed, only then will the media even be slightly interested... they have more important things to talk about like Lindsey Lohan going to jail or Charlie Sheen being an alcoholic.

GET YOUR PRIORITIES TOGETHER ATS

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Well.Well.well Bin Laden being implecated,this is very oddand may explain delays and news blackouts.
www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I think all this protest this will bring forth the unification of the Middle East , If this happens , Israel better prepare itself for War , this is the work of the Muslim Brotherhood who's sole purpose is to wipe Israel off the face of the earth.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The reason we are seeing these revolts widespread across the Middle East is thanks to the Internet, social networking, and cellular phones.
In the past, people from Jordan would only know about what was going on in Libya from either state-ran television or media or family members/friends... and that would still be old news by the time they found out, usually.

With the Information Age in full swing, people of all ethnic and economic backgrounds have come to realize they have more in common than they at first thought. And all it takes for a rockslide to happen is one pebble to move...

We may very well see a united Caliphate in the Middle East when the dust eventually clears. A Caliphate that will more than likely want nothing more than the West to submit to it's will by bringing oil prices to over $125 a barrel, barring transit of Western transports through the Suez Canal, and closing in around Israel to make the United States uneasy.

Very dynamic times indeed.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It is orchestrated...
And last I checked...the force behind this was the shadow government.

Thats not necessarily the U.S....for its now an international Shadow.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I also wonder if it is orchestrated... I mean.. It almost seems to be part of a larger plan, finally unfolding...

I don't know who or what is responsible for said plan.... I do seem to recall an interview in which George W. Bush said something to the extent of " the history books will deem me a hero".... Though he was talking more about the war in Iraq than anything....

But I can't help but wonder, if perhaps, presidents past, had been working to get this to happen... To sort of... bring democracy to the middle east.... I have no clue....

But yeah....

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Gazrok

It is orchestrated...
And last I checked...the force behind this was the shadow government.

Thats not necessarily the U.S....for its now an international Shadow.

Where and how did you check such a thing? How on earth could you possibly know for sure that it is any kind of shadow government? I mean, can you provide any kind of evidence or proof that what you say is correct?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I know it's regarded as a tired old cliche, but... not everything is a conspiracy.

Here's the deal. The US media news cycle tries to fit in as little work into 24 hour coverage as it can. Typically this means that there will be about ten "daily" stories, that are repeated and discussed for that day. Sometimes a big story will last a week, after which the media seeks a new story that isn't "stale."

Last week it was Egypt. This week, it's Libya.

So why so little coverage of other places? Because the networks are playing to their audience. Sad fact is, most Americans do not know, and do not care about Africa; we're not going to hear about Ghana, Cote d'Ivory, or Djibouti in anything other than 45-second nibs. However, people actually know where Egypt is (It has pyramids and is in the desert!), and most of the viewers remember Libya as the second biggest evil nasty bad guy enemy thing from the 80's, after the USSR.

Which brings us to another thing; Jingoism. The US media will jump over any chance to stir up a story that makes an "enemy" - Libya, Palestinians,North Korea, Venezuela, Cuba, France - look bad. Some networks will even outright make stuff up. And on the other hand, They studiously avoid anything that makes a US ally - Israel, Bahrain, South Korea, Saudi Arabia - look bad. So we can hear all sorts of news and discussion and debate and theories about Libya, but Bahrain will get near-total silence.

This is not so much a conspiracy, as an example of entertainment TV modeling itself on the perceived wishes of its audience. Americans want to see the bad guys lose, in five minutes or less, and get bored if they hear about it for more than a few days.
edit on 24/2/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Do any of these other countries have over 1000 dead protestors, defecting jet pilots, or the national leader going on television to proclaim civil war?

Hmmm.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

settle johnny google is your friend , the infos is all around

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Definatley orchestrated.

I mean come on, these people have been living under these types of regimes for generation upon generation. and now, all of a sudden they all revolt at the same time????

Dont think so!!!!

Who's to blame? well it's kinda obvious. It's the human looking Extra Terrestrials that have been with us for all these years that no-one but the governments know about.

don't worry folks, the disclosure is coming soon!!

top topics

join