It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto's Roundup Ready Crops Contain Organism Causing Animal Miscarriages, Scientist Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Monsanto's Roundup Ready Crops Contain Organism Causing Animal Miscarriages, Scientist Says

www.huffingtonpost.com

Recent research claims that Monsanto's Roundup Ready genetically modified crops contain an organism, previously unknown to science, that can cause miscarriages in farm animals

the organism can cause disease in both plants and animals, a rare feat.

Huber states that Roundup Ready has a high concentration of an animal pathogen connected to "plant and animal diseases that are reaching epidemic proportions." Huber finishes his letter by stating, "It deserves immediate attention with significan
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Very scary indeed, an unknown organism?
So small it required a 36,000X electron microscope to see and observe it's virus-like behavior.

Listen, there are unions in WI protesting, there are liberals at gay rights rallies protesting, so many protests all while Monsanto grows stronger and stronger.

I'm not necessarily saying the existing protests are useless, but they are hardly red alert issues like the mass poisoning of our foods.

The right gets distracted by religion and an undying support of Israel, while the left gets distracted by useless social issues in a crumbling economy where they exempt Obama being a war criminal simply because he's part of the Democratic party.

In the midst of this insanity what is going on?
Monsanto grows stronger and stronger, Obama appoints Monsanto execs is govt. roles, FDA let's Monsanto do whatever they wish and even goes so far to express the desire to disallow food makers from labelling their foods as Non-GMO because they say it will "confuse" the customer.

When will people grow up???????
Where are the MASSIVE Anti-Monsanto protests?

Supply & Demand?
How is the most hated company in the world one of the most powerful?

And then they turn around and blame free market?
The most hated company being one of the most powerful company can never happen in a true free market!!!!!!

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It's classic Sun Tzu strategy at its best, what Monsanto is doing. I completely agree with you, both political leaning in the US are missing out on the important issues.

If I may, I believe you might want to merge this thread into the other one that was started recently that included the report from the professor at Purdue.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Very scary indeed. I imagine maybe the rise in human miscarriages will eventually be linked to Monsanto as well, as I tangentially even mentioned the other day in my thread on the uterus police. Wouldn't surprise me either if this isn't what's affecting a lot of humans and animals in other ways as well. You shouldn't mess with the food chain, period. The stuff they're producing is probably not even nutrition for us, and now this? Wonderful.

This is and has been a red alert issue for quite some time now. And, for the most part, the MSM has been squelching it and belittling it.

(I just posted this in the must-see documentaries thread, a documentary in which Monsanto is featured quite prominently in regards to journalist Jane Akre, who sued FoxNews for working with Monsanto to suppress her investigative story about Monsanto's use of rBGH. It's from 2003, when people were probably more worried about other things and may have missed it. The Corporation...here's the link to part 1 of 23.)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

It used to be very rare for diseases to cross Species barriers - now, thanks to Monsanto, diseases are crossing Kingdom barriers.

Life on earth is in for a very wild ride...

S&F&

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Active thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It is very scary to see what Monsanto is able to get away with! As if their Terminator seeds weren't enough! This company truely is evil! Thank you for the post!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
It used to be very rare for diseases to cross Species barriers - now, thanks to Monsanto, diseases are crossing Kingdom barriers.

Very well said

You just made it look even scarier
but.... well said nonetheless

new topics

top topics

join