It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks' Julian Assange to be extradited to Sweden

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
If somebody came into the UK under the diplomatic channels and JA was assasinated whilst they were in the country there would be hell to pay, the UK government may have issues, but they wouldn't condone that kind of carry on on its soil for any country.

I agree mostly, but look at the deals we cut with Libya, just shows how far a government will go if they deem it to be in their interest....

Sorry the cynic in me

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I think that might have been true before.
But Wikileaks now has competition from OpenLeaks and no doubt others are going to crop up.
So I think what happens to JA from here on in is going to effect Wikileaks because they no longer have the document dumping turf all to themselves.
I reckon if Assange doesn't clear this mess up soon and move on to damage control, then he's going to take Wikileaks down with him.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Not your assumptions are completely wrong. The Government have interferred in the judicial system before. As in the case of alleged torture off Bnyam Mohamed: and I quote:

The Lord Chief Justice, Master of the Rolls and President of the Queen’s Bench Division unanimously dismissed the Government’s argument that the High Court judgment should be censored because, it was alleged, it threatened UK-US intelligence sharing. This could not be the case where there was nothing in the censored passages of intelligence sensitivity (as opposed to embarrassment) and which was not already in the public domain.

However, a further extraordinary twist in this story of the Government’s attempts to restrain the Courts from giving their public judgments came to light in Court today.

After the Judges released their draft judgments to the lawyers in the case last Friday, the Government’s barrister, Jonathan Sumption QC, took the highly unusual step of writing to the Master of the Rolls asking him to tone down his criticism of the Security Services. The Master of the Rolls subsequently acceded to this request before judgment was handed down in the public form today.

CA dimisses Government

So yes the Governmet have been guilty in interfeering with the Judicial System. If that does not prove to you,that Govenrment will interferre and influence the judicial process if it is either not going thier way, or it is in thier best interests to interferre. Then I suppose nothing will.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

This is why I think it's going to get interesting, IF the password exists, or should I say IF the insurance file contains what is claimed, then his extradition to Sweden is the first step to all that juicy info we have all waited so long for.

There is no doubt in my mind that the moment he sets foot on Swedish soil the extradition request from the States will be getting faxed through.

You can download the files that are encrypted by using a torrent. I do think that once the USA steps into the game and tries to put him on trial the passcode will be released. The files have been released and everyone can download them - you just are going to have to wait for the password.

I love how governments are makeing him a scapegoat because they can not face the public with their lies and deception.

What he has done should show people the exact meaning of their rule over you. The wizards that sit in their high chairs above us wave their hands wildly around making it look like they are performing some kind of magic trick... but yet it is all illusion and fraud.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

I don't think this kind of charge could bring down the movement. If it were something more serious like murder and with a prospect of jail time then it might be so.
Also curious sidenote, I'm waiting forward for the day that indoleaks, openleaks or some other leaking venue gets some juicy bits and the heat is then on them too. That would ease the situation a bit. Also wikileaks is still the only one though that releases the leaks as they are. Openleaks releases to media so they can cherry pick and put their own twists into them so I dont really like that concept.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I think your post proves the independence of the British Judiciary. It shows that the Government may prevaricate and play games but in the end they are held to account. If the situation was the other way around we would not be referring the case in point.

To topic. For the US to attain successful extradition of Assange, they will need to satisfy the Swedes and the UK. I don’t think it will happen. If Assange is innocent he’ll be free to carry on his career. If he’s guilty then he’ll do time – and quite rightly so. Tragically, if he is guilty there will doubtlessly be people who will remain thinking it was a set up.

We should be mindful that rape is serious.

Regards

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33
I love how governments are makeing him a scapegoat because they can not face the public with their lies and deception.

Its no different than Assange making the 2 females scapegoats by claiming its politicaly motivated. As far as facing the public with lies and deception, Assange has a jacket to that club as well. I always find it funny how people demand others be held accountible and how the laws on the books should be enforced. People are so eager to hang the Government based solely on the words of assange without trial, while Assange demands to be exempt from those very laws.

If you want a list of lies, just go back and watch the news clips where Assange makes promises about releasing "damning" information, and then completely failing to follow through with it, while begging people for money.

Talk about fraud and bait and switch advertising.

Originally posted by kroms33
What he has done should show people the exact meaning of their rule over you. The wizards that sit in their high chairs above us wave their hands wildly around making it look like they are performing some kind of magic trick... but yet it is all illusion and fraud.

I am sure you meant to say reign over "us" and not "you" as it implies you are not ruled over by the same.

Can you provide a list of the Wizards pulling the strings with corroberating information?

As far as illusion and a fraud, I completely agree that Assange is like that.

Assange from the begining has consistently changed his goals.

* - First it was to expose the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as illegal in order to stop the wars - No follow through other than to dump documents which essentially buried the evidence (the needle) of criminal activity under an avalanche of documents (haystack). He failed to expose the single document that would make his case. Makes one wonder if his claims are valid. Why say you have evidence of criminal wrongdoing only to hide that info. Maybe to hook the public and manipulate the media to make money?

* - Demands illegal activity be stopped, while breaking existing laws himself. - Assange exempt
* - Demands illegal activity stop while breaking the law as a hacker growing up. - Assange exempt
* - Documents would be released if he was arrested - Nothing
* - Documents concerning Bank of America - Nothing
* - Argues people have a right to classified documents, while filing a complaint when his info is leaked.
* - Accuses Governments of misleading while at the very same time arguing that if he is sent to Sweden he would be sent to the US, charged with Treason, put in Gitmo and face execution. Speaking of misleading.....
* - Says his goal is to expose wrongdoing one week, and the next week threatens to sue the guardian because someone leaked to them all of the files Assange gave, releiving them of their agreement with Assange. Assanges threat says the documents belong to him, and releasing them would damage him monetarily.
* - Demands transparency, while hiding his organization, including money matters, which he said he would release, and once again failed to deliver.

I can go on and on. My point is Assange is not wanting to effect change at all. He uses that as an excuse to make money. The man is so arrogant, narcissistic and has a massive megalomania problem. If his intentions were truely what he claims, then he would have released the damning documents first.

He did not do this because thats the only story that would sell. Who cares what the Ambassador to the Federated States of Micronesia thinks about their president.

Why do I think his motives towards the US are based on a vendetta? Because all of his other "reports" targeted a specific issue. The work he did in Kenya is an example of this. One issue, supporting documentation that deals with the one issue. This is the same method he used for his other accomplishments as well, with the exception of the US.

Why does this matter? Because it goes to character - For someone to contiunually demand people be held accountible, while ignoring those rules himself - specifically Sweden and Switzerland.

I fail to understand how Assange can make the honesty argument, while having 30k dollars sezied by Switzerland because he lied on his account application.

This entire episode is nothing more than a case of David vs. Goliath. In this case Assange is Goliath.

Last, to drive the point home -

"the more secretive or unjust an organisation is, the more leaks induce fear and paranoia in its leadership and planning coterie.... Since unjust systems, by their nature induce opponents, and in many places barely have the upper hand, mass leaking leaves them exquisitely vulnerable to those who seek to replace them with more open forms of governance."

Intresting words from Assange.... It reminds me of Animal Farm and their constitution, where everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others.

To bad he does not practice what he preaches.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

Already have it, on 2 hard drives, 2 data pens and a few DVD's, lol. MD5 verified, so it's the real deal, even left my computer trying to crack it for a week, I knew it was pointless (even the fastest SC would take thousands of years), but I had to do it, so I can say I tried, tee hee.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

reply to post by backinblack

I never said he did expect to win it, I said in MY opinion it shows he is going to lose in the end.

I've always suspected he would lose the Swedish extradition fit up job. Mainly because the UK government want to be seen to be all things to all people. They want to please the US and the EU, while appearing to be strictly by the book and completely impartial and legally fair to Assange.

TBH, there's not a lot more they could have done.

As far as extradition to the US from Sweden goes, the US has first to charge Assange with an actual crime. Simply wailing and gnashing their teeth in between official calls for his murder, isn't good enough, even for a country in the US's back pocket (Sweden - US annual trade deals to the tune of $20 Billion) like Sweden.

The reason the US is keeping quiet about charges, is that they want him in Sweden first, before the charges are revealed. If they charge him (and frankly, there's not much they can charge him with), and it involves a possible death punishment (murdering him basically), Sweden *cannot* legally extradite him to the US...it won't stop the US 'agencies' assassinating him on Swedish soil though..which is what i suspect they'll try for. (a public trial may reveal more about the 'secret cables' than the US is prepared to let known).

Either way, as posters have said, this is far from over...Assange has the right to appeal the courts decision here in the UK, and a further appeal to the European courts. I'd guess he's be going for the human rights angle, so it would be the European court of human rights, rather than the European court of Justice...although if he lost on the human rights angle, he may have a final chance to appeal to the Justice court, which is the highest European court.

Early days still folks, i wouldn't even think about insurance file passwords yet, it's a long way off.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

We should be mindful that rape is serious.

Yes, agreed rape is very serious and heinous, but i'm flabbergasted at just how many people have fallen for and repeat that Assange 'raped' anyone.

The Swedes have used the words 'rape' and 'sexual assault' purely for effect and impact, as part of the obvious fit up job they're perpetrating on behalf of the US.

It's a technicality charge. In fact, it's not even that, he is not being charged with any crime in Sweden the US or indeed, anywhere else! The Swedes apparently just want to 'talk to Assange' over an alleged sexual 'crime' involving adults engaging in *consensual* sexual intercourse, while neglecting to use a condom.

So basically, 'rape' and sexual assault in Sweden consists of having sexual intercourse, without using a rubber. That's it. That's what Assange has been accused of...not wearing a condom.

In any case, at least one of the two women 'accusing' Assange of this terrible crime of not wearing a rubber, has fled Sweden for the safety and security of...errr...ahem..*Palestine*!!

Yes, that's right, the ME country of Palestine..all i can say is that this woman, must be terrified that she will be murdered for her part in the deception (and she's probably correct), to prevent the whole dirty setup from becoming known...Palestine...*just how frightened* would you have to be, to run and hide in Palestine?!!

Very frightened, i'd guess.

So, Sweden have 'lost' at least 50% of their complainants so far...i wonder if the other one will run to North Korea or Afghanistan to feel safe too?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Your starting to sound desperate to convince people to believe you matey.

Careful, you can only manipulate peoples views so far, so soon. You have to play the drip-drip game, if you want to win the minds, if not the hearts.

C'mon, you know that.

Desperation is the fastest way for people to see through you and spot your true agenda (government boy!), so ease up, i'd hate for all your hard work to be in vain...prematurely. I want you to work harder before you're sent packing, but that's just me.

Drip drip remember, and ease off on the 'PLEASE listen to me, you *HAVE* to listen to me' attitude, it's a killer.

Good, carry on.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Assange would be the desperate one, being he is begging for money to fight a legal battle that he is responsible for. I work for a municipal government, so hardly anywhere near being the government lackey you are trying to make me out to be. Nice try though.

As far as manipulating people, again that would be Assange, not me. I am merely pointing out what his followers refuse to acknowledge, and that is they are being used to support Assange and only Assange, not wikileaks. The last time Assange begged for donations to keep wikileaks afloat, a bulk of that money was diverted to Assange and his salary. Feel free to google that info if you dont want to beleive me.

You should go back and read my post, instead of glancing over it. People can believe what they want, and in this case it wouldnt matter if Assange himself came out an said he was manipulating everyone for money. His followers would go on a PR campaign that would involve some government conspiracy to replace assange with a body double, or that he was brainwashed by the Government.

Whats funny about your response though is the fact you completely ignored the information that shows Assange to be a liar, which is easily verified because he makes these promises for his media events. I guess its a standard practice with Assange, and apparently some of his supporters (you) that when verifiable facts are present that dont support their view, you go after the people reporting it to distract from the facts.

How about going back and taking my post point by point (where I point out his lies) and show me im wrong.

Bravo

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
If you want a list of lies, just go back and watch the news clips where Assange makes promises about releasing "damning" information, and then completely failing to follow through with it, while begging people for money.

Talk about fraud and bait and switch advertising.

If you dont find the crimes exposed and the corruption within governments damning then I feel for you. I think you might have had too high of expectation. In the best case scenario I and most sensible people were expecting what we got. We were not expecting that the messanger would be blamed instead of the real criminals.

* - Demands illegal activity be stopped, while breaking existing laws himself. - Assange exempt

What exact law has he broken? I dont know any. Source?

* - Demands illegal activity stop while breaking the law as a hacker growing up. - Assange exempt

Need a fact check here. He was caught, tried and convicted. You're just plain lying here.

* - Documents would be released if he was arrested - Nothing

When did he say that? Source? That safety is in case US gets their hands on him for the leaking. Not what he may or may not have done in his private life.

* - Documents concerning Bank of America - Nothing

First they have to be censored and verified. It's not going to happen by magic. Lots of hours will go into that and the cables aren't even done yet.

* - Argues people have a right to classified documents, while filing a complaint when his info is leaked.

Considering that it's an on going legal case I'm not at all surprised about the complaint.

* - Accuses Governments of misleading while at the very same time arguing that if he is sent to Sweden he would be sent to the US, charged with Treason, put in Gitmo and face execution. Speaking of misleading.....

How's that misleading? Have you seen what US politicians have said about him? Nothing misleading here. I'd be scared #less too if I were to face such a possiblity.

* - Says his goal is to expose wrongdoing one week, and the next week threatens to sue the guardian because someone leaked to them all of the files Assange gave, releiving them of their agreement with Assange. Assanges threat says the documents belong to him, and releasing them would damage him monetarily.

Source?

* - Demands transparency, while hiding his organization, including money matters, which he said he would release, and once again failed to deliver.

Again, source?

I can go on and on. My point is Assange is not wanting to effect change at all. He uses that as an excuse to make money. The man is so arrogant, narcissistic and has a massive megalomania problem. If his intentions were truely what he claims, then he would have released the damning documents first.

He isnt really making money from this just in case you didn't know that. As of your assesment of his persona I'd be inclined to disagree with all points. Also he has already released tons and tons of damning documents. What more could anyone ever leak? Are you expecting signed murder confessions or something cause it sure sounds like that.

He did not do this because thats the only story that would sell. Who cares what the Ambassador to the Federated States of Micronesia thinks about their president.

Micronesians?

Why do I think his motives towards the US are based on a vendetta? Because all of his other "reports" targeted a specific issue. The work he did in Kenya is an example of this. One issue, supporting documentation that deals with the one issue. This is the same method he used for his other accomplishments as well, with the exception of the US.

Wikileaks is not about the US. You should really check out the leaked info before making such leaps of logic.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
For someone who has never been charged with a crime, Assange is spending alot of time in jail and under house arrest. He get treated special because of his ideas about secret conspiracys. He is against them and they conspire against him.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Its no different than Assange making the 2 females scapegoats by claiming its politicaly motivated. As far as facing the public with lies and deception, Assange has a jacket to that club as well. I always find it funny how people demand others be held accountible and how the laws on the books should be enforced. People are so eager to hang the Government based solely on the words of assange without trial, while Assange demands to be exempt from those very laws.

I find it quite interesting that you prop up the government beyond their broken measure.
You see the corruption of all of the world governments do you not? But yet you do not hold these very entities accountable for their actions but yet focus on a single grain of sand amongst a vast desert.

No, I don't have to go back – I have the documents downloaded. Where your arguments lack is the knowledge of the issue at hand. They said they would release the key to these documents if Julian's life was threatened or he was killed, or imprisoned. So far, the courts of the world have not imprisoned him thus far. So where does the lie fall? You extend it beyond what it seems to try to prove a point, which failed.

I am sure you meant to say reign over "us" and not "you" as it implies you are not ruled over by the same.

No. I meant people like you – I believe differently. Look, you are most likely someone who would go out in the streets yelling and screaming because 'they' tell you to. I on the other hand will no longer listen to what they have to say. Yes, I have to follow 'their' rules so that I do not end up in jail – but if I live my life justly and without disrespect for my fellow man – why would it matter who claimed ownership of me or you? I mean, who owns you?

Can you provide a list of the Wizards pulling the strings with corroberating information?

What is it that you focus on for your survival? List? Really? Come on. “Corroborating” information is in the eyes of the beholder of that information. What information could I wager against you to pull you out of the illusion you solidify? Wizards is a play on words... if you actually believe them to exist – well, I might have a bit of hope for you.

Assange from the begining has consistently changed his goals.

I find it also interesting in that everything that you have listed is not any type of “Corroborating” information but yet opinion based on a current and ongoing issue that has not played out yet.

No kidding? Really? I was so unaware that he was making millions off of these stories. Hmmm. I wonder why other people had to fund his bail and help his legal team... wow. What an illusion. Oh, wait – I forgot to ask about your claims... I mean, do you have any proof that Assange is making millions off of people? It seems quite the contrary.

"the more secretive or unjust an organisation is, the more leaks induce fear and paranoia in its leadership and planning coterie.... Since unjust systems, by their nature induce opponents, and in many places barely have the upper hand, mass leaking leaves them exquisitely vulnerable to those who seek to replace them with more open forms of governance."

Intresting words from Assange.... It reminds me of Animal Farm and their constitution, where everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others.

To bad he does not practice what he preaches.

So, do you live in a dictatorship or democracy? Think about it for a while and get back to me.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Standard practice here in the UK.....warrant for arrest=arrested, arrested=remanded in custody until trial or hearing

2 possible outcomes, if your deemed a risk, or you might flee, back in remand until next court hearing OR electronically tagged and curfewed, if your not back home by xxx time, automatic phone call to Group 4 security, who then phone the house, if there is no response from the tagged individual the police are alerted and manhunt begins.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

reply to post by earthdude

Standard practice here in the UK.....warrant for arrest=arrested, arrested=remanded in custody until trial or hearing

2 possible outcomes, if your deemed a risk, or you might flee, back in remand until next court hearing OR electronically tagged and curfewed, if your not back home by xxx time, automatic phone call to Group 4 security, who then phone the house, if there is no response from the tagged individual the police are alerted and manhunt begins.

To be arrested I thought they needed a charge..
Anyone know what Assange has been charged with??

I ain't heard any.......

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
Yes, agreed rape is very serious and heinous, but i'm flabbergasted at just how many people have fallen for and repeat that Assange 'raped' anyone.

Without the accusations being properly tested in court we will never know whether Assange is a rapist or not. I am flabbergasted at the number of people who are willing to believe that he should get away without having to answer his accusers in a court. If he’s innocent he’ll walk.

The Swedes have used the words 'rape' and 'sexual assault' purely for effect and impact, as part of the obvious fit up job they're perpetrating on behalf of the US.

Semantics. In Sweden if the law is that having unprotected sex without consent is considered to be rape then so-be-it. Besides, there are other sexually related charges. Just because you don’t think it’s serious does not mean that women think acceptable.

There is no evidence that this is perpetrated by the US. That’s just fantasy.

So basically, 'rape' and sexual assault in Sweden consists of having sexual intercourse, without using a rubber. That's it. That's what Assange has been accused of...not wearing a condom.

Don’t demean the point that unprotected sex without knowledge is a harmless. It is not.

The point is that when Assange gets to Sweden he’ll get a fair trial. It will be up to due legal process to ascertain whether he is innocent or not. I would have thought that he would be willing to clear his name, but clearly not.

Regards

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

The point is that when Assange gets to Sweden he’ll get a fair trial. It will be up to due legal process to ascertain whether he is innocent or not. I would have thought that he would be willing to clear his name, but clearly not.

How do you know that??
These cases are held behind CLOSED doors in Sweden..
Not exactly open and transparent justice...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
If you dont find the crimes exposed and the corruption within governments damning then I feel for you. I think you might have had too high of expectation. In the best case scenario I and most sensible people were expecting what we got. We were not expecting that the messanger would be blamed instead of the real criminals.

Which again supports my argument Assange has ulterior motives other than his crusade against the US Government. If he was serious about his goals, the damning documents would have been released by themselves, and in such a manner to hold people accountible. Instead he buried that info under hundreds of thousands of other documents that dont show criminal wrongdoing.

Why would he do that?

What exact law has he broken? I dont know any. Source?

What laws has the US Government broke? Source? What laws has the State Department broke? Source? What laws have Bank of America broke? Source?

Need a fact check here. He was caught, tried and convicted. You're just plain lying here.

So instead of actually doing research, you call me a liar. ok You need to go back and read what I typed. We said the same thing.

Wiki

In 1987, after turning 16, Assange began hacking under the name "Mendax" (derived from a phrase of Horace: "splendide mendax", or "nobly untruthful").[2] He and two other hackers joined to form a group which they named the International Subversives. Assange wrote down the early rules of the subculture: "Don’t damage computer systems you break into (including crashing them); don’t change the information in those systems (except for altering logs to cover your tracks); and share information".[2] The Personal Democracy Forum said he was "Australia's most famous ethical computer hacker."[21]

The Australian Federal Police became aware of this group and set up "Operation Weather" to investigate their hacking. In September 1991 Mendax was discovered in the act of hacking into the Melbourne master terminal of Nortel, the Canadian telecommunications company.[2] In response the Australian Federal Police tapped Assanges' phoneline and subsequently raided his Melbourne home in 1991.[22] He was also reported to have accessed computers belonging to an Australian university,[2] the USAF 7th Command Group in the Pentagon[23] and other organisations, via modem.[24] It took three years to bring the case to court, where he was charged with 31 counts of hacking and related crimes. Nortel claimed his incursions cost them more than $100,000 dollars. Despite representing hacking as a victimless crime, he nonetheless pleaded guilty to 25 charges of hacking. Six charges were dropped. He was released on bond for good conduct after being fined A$2100.[2][25] The judge said "there is just no evidence that there was anything other than sort of intelligent inquisitiveness and the pleasure of being able to—what's the expression—surf through these various computers"[2] and stated that Assange would have gone to jail for up to 10 years if he had not had such a disrupted childhood.[23]

Assange later commented, "It's a bit annoying, actually. Because I co-wrote a book about [being a hacker], there are documentaries about that, people talk about that a lot. They can cut and paste. But that was 20 years ago. It's very annoying to see modern day articles calling me a computer hacker. I'm not ashamed of it, I'm quite proud of it. But I understand the reason they suggest I'm a computer hacker now. There's a very specific reason."[4]

In 2011 court records revealed that in 1993 Assange helped Victoria Police Child Exploitation Unit by providing technical advice and assisted in prosecuting persons.[26]

When did he say that? Source? That safety is in case US gets their hands on him for the leaking. Not what he may or may not have done in his private life.

Are we really going to play this game again? This has been covered time and time again, yet you choose to ignore it.

WikiLeaks Threatens Release Of Damaging Files - Assange warns that any government that tries to curtail his activities risks triggering a new deluge of state and commercial secrets.

WikiLeaks Bank Of America Documents Could Be A Snore, Founder Suggests

Julian Assange Threatens To Name Arab Leaders With CIA Ties if he is arrested

Julian Assange: WikiLeaks Has 'Insurance Files' On Rupert Murdoch, News Corp - will release if he is arrested

I can continue to add more info, but you get the idea. The links above will have secondary story links to his other promises. Based on his promises, what has he follwed through on? The Iraq / Afghan / helicopter incident. And even then with Iraq and Afghan info, any criminal wrongdoing is buried.

I think he purposely does this to drag this out as long as possible, since its a cash cow for him.

First they have to be censored and verified. It's not going to happen by magic. Lots of hours will go into that and the cables aren't even done yet.

Sounds to me he should do some fact checking before shooting his mouth of, resulting in a lie

Bank of America - Julian Assange

LONDON: The bombshell that WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has said could "take down a bank or two" may in fact be something of a dud.

Assange has said privately he does not know if his cache of internal Bank of America (BAC.N) data, whose public release he has suggested might be imminent, contains any big news or scandal, according to three people familiar with the WikiLeaks leader's private discussions about the material.

They said that Assange said it consists of e-mails from the hard-drive of a Bank of America executive's computer and that the latest messages are dated sometime in 2006.

Wait.. he already hyped this information as damning, and will bring a bank down. Now all of a sudden, he is not sure. Carrot and stick anyone?

Considering that it's an on going legal case I'm not at all surprised about the complaint.

So its ok for Assange to release documents belonging to someone else, but complains when its done to him. If we use Assanges, as well as some posters in the forums arguments, the leaking of that info should not worry Assange, since the stories, according to him, are fabricated. If the info is fabricated, then leaking the info would show that.

except, in this case, it didnt, which is why he is complaining.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join