It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks' Julian Assange to be extradited to Sweden

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Wikileaks' Julian Assange to be extradited to Sweden

www.bbc.co.uk

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange should be extradited to Sweden to face sexual assault allegations, a judge has ruled.

At Belmarsh Magistrates' Court in south London, District Judge Howard Riddle said the extradition would not breach Mr Assange's human rights.

Mr Assange will appeal against the court ruling. He denies three allegations of sexual assault and one of rape last August in Stockholm.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Looks like Julians going to have to face the music in sweden, this doesn't suprise me to be honest. The whole world is watching this case and the UK won't want to look like they are siding with the man.

Question is now is if the USA ask Sweden to extradite him straight to the chair.

I reckon this is where it starts getting interesting.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24/2/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Time to release this all mighty password to the ATS community then?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Tangled2011

This is why I think it's going to get interesting, IF the password exists, or should I say IF the insurance file contains what is claimed, then his extradition to Sweden is the first step to all that juicy info we have all waited so long for.

There is no doubt in my mind that the moment he sets foot on Swedish soil the extradition request from the States will be getting faxed through.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tangled2011
Time to release this all mighty password to the ATS community then?

I second that motion, it's about time we found out what Wikileaks knows.

My guess is that if the password gets released there will suddenly be revolutions sparking up in many Western countries (US, Canada, UK to start with)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Does anybody think Julian is bluffing and theirs nothing in the file? lol

I personally hope their is something truely amazing that will blow away the goverments/religions around the world and give us alot of the answers we are looking for...however this is just hope again!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Tangled2011

There will be something in the file, probably won't be as destructive as made to seem, but enough to cause an international stir.

If there is nothing in the file all of assanges credibility goes out of the window, and he will have known that before making the claim, plus it seems to have America rattled a little bit, so chances are its going to be the most damaging to them.

With him choosing the UK as refuge for the moment I'm thinking there is little in there about us.

He maybe told the US government whats in the files and thats why he hasn't been assanginated (lol) or kidnapped off the streets yet.

Truth is, none of us will know until that password is wikileaked.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Looks like Sweden is fronting for the pro-corporate, anti-Wikileaks contingent.

How can we lean on Sweden? Get them to stop muckraking, drop their campaign?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I'm really pissed off about this, if he get's prosecuted over in Sweden on these trumped up charges, then in turn get's extradited to the US we should be all rioting in the streets regardless of what the insurance file holds!

It's a blatant misuse of power to gag the man.... I hope people all over the World wake up to what's going on with this... some on here believe he's a puppet for the NWO etc..... whilst I don't believe that myself, the very fact he's being fitted up to stop Wikileaks releasing more dirt on the Governments of this world, is enough to make me think this whole circus is corrupt to the core, regardless of Assange's agenda it's just plain wrong!...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Looks like Sweden is fronting for the pro-corporate, anti-Wikileaks contingent.

How can we lean on Sweden? Get them to stop muckraking, drop their campaign?

I'm not sure soficrow, but the judge made it clear the Swedish Prime Minister had a underhand dealing in this, if we could inform the people of Sweden that their Prime Minister is a puppet for the US and as corrupt as many involved with this case, then maybe they'll lean on their own Government, other than that.... 4/chan

The judge said he was confident Julian Assange was wanted in Sweden purely over sex assault allegations. His most critical comment toward the authorities was directed at Swedish Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt, whom he accused of "improper intervention".

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Assange didn't expect to win this case as the courts hands were tied..
They will appeal to a higher court..
Assange isn't going anywhere yet..

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

You do understand British Courts have nothing to do with this right? Their participation is solely to determine the validity of the request from Sweden (warrant in order). They arent allowed to decide if he is guilty, not guilty, or the credibility of the evidence.

If any of the info provided by Sweden was found to be faulty, then the British Court could refuse the extradition request. All they did today was hear the final arguments of Assanges lawyer on why he should not be sent back to Sweden.

The use of Gitmo, death penalty and treason argument was dismissed by the Judge because it had nothing to do with the Swedish case.

He has one more appeal in Britain, and if I remember another poster correctly from a different thread Assange could appeal to the EU Court.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Oh yes, I am fully aware of that, this latest case though, in my opinion, is the nail in the coffin for him (as far as the extradition being finalised).

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I am not familiar with how the EU court system works. Someone in another thread said he can appeal the british decisions through british courts, and then onto the EU court system.

Anyone know how that works?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Xcathdra

Oh yes, I am fully aware of that, this latest case though, in my opinion, is the nail in the coffin for him (as far as the extradition being finalised).

Far from it..
He did NOT expect this win in this court..
It was always going to go to a higher court where the judge has more scope..

Maybe read up a bit..

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I never said he did expect to win it, I said in MY opinion it shows he is going to lose in the end.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Oh wells seems this might have to go all the way the E.C.H.R. before he is exradited. The US Authorities must be rubbing thier hands together at this verdict.

But it will be interesting to see how fast his lawyers launch thier appeal against the judges decision. One thing is for sure, in m opinion, he will not recieve a fair trial. After the comments allegedly giving out by the Prime minister and the Presecutor, invovled in this case.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I don't know all the facts in this case but have always felt that if the US gov want him, they'll get him, and if that means using there political strength to make sure Britain or Sweden give him up, then its pretty much guaranteed.
People that think a single government can stop a super power like the US from completing whatever agenda they are trying to accomplish are, in my opinion, naive.....If he gets off on appeal, (which I don't think he will), then that too is granted, possibly by the US. For what reason ? Who knows what their true agenda is.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAMARU

But under European Law no,European Country can extradite him, if he is under a European Arrest Warrant until his case has been went to trial and the veridct given. It would be an infringment of his rights under the charter. But you know exactly what will happen. They will turn a blind eye as per usual, anything to please thier masters in the US.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
My highly speculative theory is Julian Assange is the false prophet of the Antichrist as described in the bible.

Julian is a variant of Julius, the family clan name of several of the most powerful Roman emperors.

The False Prophet will come from Rome according to scripture.

Daniel 9:27 is a prophecy of a future Roman prince who will erect an image known as the "Abomination of Desolation,"

He will confirm a covenant with many for one `seven.' In the middle of the `seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing [of the temple] he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join