It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want your Attention on The Image In The Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Why Are The Signs In English?

Shouldn't the protester signs be in arabic? and not in english i mean just look at that sign where it says
Oil for the west and CrazyCrazy Maummear? looks like someone spelled his name wrong, but still this makes you ask questions, rather then supporting, and just look how the cameraman just captured just prefect for the western audience.

The the protester signs in english were also shown in Egypt, and elsewhere.
I am and was wondering if any of ATS members noticed them?

Oil for the west

Ok that protester sign made me to ask questions, why would the USA need the oil from Libya?
and just look how the sign was perfectly made to look like an Patriotism to america, do you think an normal Libyan citizen would do such a thing like that i think not.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I think the signs are in English, merely so that the international population can understand their signs.
Nothing else.

VvV

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

and right on Cue? and including the one Oil For West? like again i am not on the Protesters side,because i have seen that these riots were manufactured and can be easily manipulated by government of the USA.

And way obama reacted to egpyts protests by claiming that the usa government had no idea that such uprising would take place? thats like saying if your a murder and you killed someone and your reaction would be (I had no idea or something in between)

Its pretty much the same on whats happening in the middle east.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I agree, the signs are directed at the West so that we can understand. I think there are plenty of eye's on the countries that are in turmoil at the moment and any support they can get from the West, not just government will work in their favour.

Regarding the oil for the west sign, as far as I understand it, it has to do with Gaddafi saying he will cut his oil and gas export but the people of Libya do not want this because it will cut off some big income once a new government is in place.I think it's basically to show that they do not agree with Gaddafi's threats to the west. He has been using old fear tactics which do not work.

I doubt the US is interested too much in the oil of Libya, I think most oil actually gets exported to the EU.
edit on 24-2-2011 by EarthCadet because: added text

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
WHY do you guys immediatly think that " oil for the west " means oil for the USA???

I think that those guys means something else
such as ( the money for the) oil for the west of libie ( the people)
and NOT as it is now for Khadaffi and his tribe

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hope this works, here's the picture

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
here is how i read it :

OIL in black color representing the oils color.
FOR has the color of the dollar.
THE is taking the color of the american flag.
WEST is taking the color of the european flag.

now we as arabs when we say the west we mean europe and america , and i agree with the other poster that it was written in english so that the whole world would understand.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

The signs are in english because years of dominance by english speaking countries, these folks generally know 2 or more languages.
They are not ignorant baboons like US over here.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
A couple of the signs in the photo are in Arabic if you notice.

But don't, just focus on the signs you can read.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

You beat me to the punch on this.
I believe that many of those involved in that picture have put some thought in how to get their messages across. "Oil for the West" is definitely not just the words. The colors are significant to the message. And the arabic messages show it is not just pro West posturing.

The unfortunate fact is the populace of Libya is subjected to the negative aspects of this message, the oil provided to the west is not enriching them. Their leadership is not enriching them. They are, like the residents of many other countries, suffering the abuses heaped on them and their land by everyone who wants a piece of "the pie"

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

To back up my thread and my facts from another thread as a reply.

By the way have you or did you notice in the so called Libya interactive riots map on some news sites that much of these protests centers around Libyans oil faculties and oil headquarters, the protests dont happen in towns but rather outside near the oil areas.

And i still think when the media showed the protests and protester sign Oil for the west doesn't that ring a bell?
if you are protesting agaisnt your government why would a protester have a sign that says Oil For The West that really doesn't help your cause.

Wouldn't that sign be in Arabic rather then english? i also have noticed the protests of the locations aren't much talked about the reporters dont much the key locations on where they are, and yet the protesters are always right on cue.

Just like the CIA backed revolution in serbia in 2000 and 1989, using the media manipulations to make leaders evil or the next hitler.

edit on 1-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join