It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution is Spreading...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I was watching Frontline tonight which I almost never do and they had an
interesting documentary on the Egyptian revolution.

Apparently the Muslim Brotherhood tried to hijack the revolution but the Youth
had different Ideas and were in the square the whole time and convinced the
protesters to not raise any Muslim banners.

The old guard wants a Muslim revival, the youth do not, and they even shaved
thier beards etc. to show their liberalism. One youth interviewed said they do
not want Islamic rule like in Iran. This is a good sign. However there is fear
that the Muslim Brotherhood will try to use it as a means to get in power and
then impose Muslim rule. It appears there is a rift in the Brotherhood members
between the youth and old guard too. That's the problem with revolutions. There
is always a danger of less freedom.

I also watched the BBC news afterword which I never do and it seems revolution
is spreading. Of course we have Libya, but also Iran and Iraq have had recent
youth protests, and Saudi Arabia also, along with Yemen etc. The Saudi king just
announced pay raises and increased benefits to try and head it off there along
with Syria. These guys are running scared!

Also Greece had more riots and protests recently. And somewhere else in Europe I
don't remember. There is upheaval going on in Mexico also. I think it is only a
matter of time before it spreads through Europe and to America. We have a hint
with the Wisconsin protests.

If it spreads to our nations we need to take a page from the Egyptian youth and
emphasise non-violence where ever we may have the influence to do so. I have
always been one willing to defend liberty even with violence if necassary,
however imagine millions of people protesting non-violently for thier freedoms
and to stop the madness in Washington.

If you think it won't happen in America you might consider every state, county,
and town in America is broke and living on Credit. Even here in conservative
Idaho they are fighting over which part of the budget has to be cut because they
just can't afford all the benefits they hand out. California has it's Capital
buildings up for sale they are so broke. Every state in the US is playing out
similar scenarios. Oil is $100 a barrel, stocks are down, Gold hit $1400, the dollar fell when normally it would be up at times like this. The Monetary system is melting down it is only a matter of time.

We live and a sea of emotion. So of course the weather and environment are reflecting the emotional upheaval
going on also with earth quakes, volcanoes, storms, animal die off's etc. We are
in the beginning of mighty change folks we are witnessing history. How we react
may determine how much worse it will get.

World servers and aspirants are needed now more then ever to find the holy place
within. To stand in that holy place within as the Ancient wisdom teaches and find the
peace that surpasses all understanding that it may be projected on the outside
to a world that is in the grips of fear.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
there have been revolutionary waves before and while we may see some dissent in western europe and america personally I don't think well see it reaching egypts levels.

then again, pretty much every government in the world is walking on thin ice at the moment so if somthing unexpected happens, you never know.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Don't forget the attempted Jasmine Revolution in China (that is not over just yet), and Vitchilo did a great thread about possible unrest in North Korea too.

I think regardless of whether or not there are people behind the scenes orchestrating these uprisings, once one successful upheaval has taken place it opens the door to unrest elsewhere, creating a chain reaction. People believe they have taken the power back and therefore it inspires ordinary people of other nations to do the same.

So even if it was originally a generated crisis targeted at a few nations (with troublesome leadership) I believe it will pave the way for the whole world to do the same, should they wish to do so. I don't think it will follow a predictable pattern.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Big Raging Loner because: To add last few words.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

I don't see how we can avoid it here with the monetary/economic meltdown. We are broke and it is only a matter of time before it hits critical mass.

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
Don't forget the attempted Jasmine Revolution in China (that is not over just yet), and Vitchilo did a great thread about possible unrest in North Korea too.

Yeah i just saw that thread and It is great to see. Revolution is in the air. I think China may pop soon too.
edit on 24-2-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I agree its inevitable but I just don't think its going to happen yet, personally I figure 2012-2013 depending on events.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
reply to post by hawkiye

I agree its inevitable but I just don't think its going to happen yet, personally I figure 2012-2013 depending on events.

Yeah it may take an little longer here and depending on how long they can preserve the illusion of normalcy, and also our culture is a little different. We tend to tolerate a lot here but god forbid when the sleeping giant of the people wakes up.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Incidently heres a list of al the countries involved

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 24-2-2011 by monkofmimir because: better link

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
i have been following Paul Mason from the BBC on Twitter, he is an interesting journalist and has been doing some excellent analysis of the recent protests. www.bbc.co.uk...
20 reasons why its kicking off.

1. At the heart if it all is a new sociological type: the graduate with no future

2. ...with access to social media, such as Facebook, Twitter and eg Yfrog so they can express themselves in a variety of situations ranging from parliamentary democracy to tyrrany.

3. Therefore truth moves faster than lies, and propaganda becomes flammable.

4. They are not prone to traditional and endemic ideologies: Labourism, Islamism, Fianna Fail Catholicism etc... in fact hermetic ideologies of all forms are rejected.

5. Women very numerous as the backbone of movements. After twenty years of modernised labour markets and higher-education access the "archetypal" protest leader, organizer, facilitator, spokesperson now is an educated young woman.

6. Horizontalism has become endemic because technology makes it easy: it kills vertical hierarchies spontaneously, whereas before - and the quintessential experience of the 20th century - was the killing of dissent within movements, the channeling of movements and their bureaucratisaton.

7. Memes: "A meme acts as a unit for carrying cultural ideas symbols or practices, which can be transmitted from one mind to another through writing, speech, gestures, rituals or other imitable phenomena. Supporters of the concept regard memes as cultural analogues to genes, in that they self-replicate, mutate and respond to selective pressures." (Wikipedia) - so what happens is that ideas arise, are very quickly "market tested" and either take off, bubble under, insinuate themselves or if they are deemed no good they disappear. Ideas self-replicate like genes. Prior to the internet this theory (see Richard Dawkins, 1976) seemed an over-statement but you can now clearly trace the evolution of memes.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Incidently heres a list of al the countries involved

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 24-2-2011 by monkofmimir because: better link

This is good there is a great table there too listing the countries dates what went on casualties etc.

"The 2010-2011 Worldwide protests are a revolutionary wave of demonstrations and protests which have been taking place in the Middle East, North Africa, the America's and Asia since December 2010. To date Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia, and Yemen have all seen major protests, and minor incidents have occurred in China, Iraq, Kuwait, Mauritania, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan and Syria"

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Tell you one thing.

If I was in power right now I would be beginning to get nervous.

That is "IF" (big if) this is not manipulation of the masses.

You never know, maybe the people will win the war on terror?
edit on 24-2-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

even if tptb gave the first pokes in a couple of places this is quickly turning into a uncontrollable avalanche.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
The way things are looking right now in the U.S., things are going to get a lot worse before they get better. Calls for reduction in federal spending are only going to put a further drain on the economy. The states are all having to reign in their budgets, and corporations certainly aren't doing anything to create jobs.

Real unemployment is probably over 20%, prices are rising while wages are dropping.

I almost posted a thread on this article the other day, which I think is making a point most people are missing. The problem is that the article doesn't do a good job of backing up its claims.

www.takepart.com...

"It was food shortages that put the people of Tunisia and Egypt over the top. In many Middle Eastern and North African countries, you have a cocktail of politics, religion and other things, but often it's just poor people saying 'I've got to survive, I've got to eat, I've got to feed my family' that ignites things."

Is this the real reason people are protesting in the middle east, behind it all is a growing food shortage. With high oil prices comes higher costs for fertilizers.

With all of these people getting kicked out of their homes at what point do we start to experienced civil unrest with a rise in homelessness?

Things just haven't gotten desperate yet here in the U.S., but it things don't change, they will soon.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Basically, most college grads are over qualified with massive debts as a result of paying for studies they did not need. At the same time, most college grads are technically devoid of knowledge. They are paying a lot of money for an education that teaches them nothing. Most are smart enough to see this.

The real problem continues to be, extremely inequitable distribution of wealth. In a world where we can produce more that we can consume, the problem isn't that people aren't willing to work, the problem is that too many people are working hard to grab up undeserved portions of the wealth being created, often by working not to improve efficiency, but simply to manipulate the system to their favor.

In short form, most peoples efforts are wasted in corporate politics only concerned with grabbing larger portions of the pie.

One thing that is happening is that people are communicating more and more over the internet, and are becoming less and less easily manipulated.

Essentially on these boards we have a constant competition going between memes, or ideals. These ideals that emerge as the strongest will change our world.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

reply to post by XXXN3O

even if tptb gave the first pokes in a couple of places this is quickly turning into a uncontrollable avalanche.

Its the end result though.

If there is a revolution anywhere it has to have a goal at its end. If there is no goal I dont think theres any point as a replacement will come from the same source as the person that was overthrown.

Its a tricky problem to fix as nobody really knows where the source of the problem comes from.

Theres not exactly a big sign over some big bad guys head saying, "Dr Evil" if you get me so even if this is not planned, it can be taken advantage of quite easily as far as I think.

But the fact that so many people are beginning to whisper about what can be done is very nice to see.

edit on 24-2-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Great point. That is what allowed the U.S. revolution to succeed so well, they have a basic plan up front. From the beginning they planned on creating a government based on Johnathan Lockes treaties on government.

Most revolutions exchange one bad guy for another.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
How long we keep taking this? Useless discussions, more and more threads of the same madness.

Don't think why do you read them then? My answer to that is, maybe we got to get mad. That's why I keep reading this nonsense

I've lost the fear of death, cause this all is no existence. I am sorry but you and I are the ones that are guilty of all worlds miseries. We give them by choice the power/and stealth they have.

There is no future for nobody this way. Europe(eternal debt-slave-and religious and governmental slave)(America(eternal debt-slave-and religious and governmental slave)Africa(debt-slave-and religious and governmental slave)(Asia( eternal debt-slave-and religious and governmental slave)

Come on?? Just run power supply and agriculture, the rest expand your creation. This is the way to go in the end.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

The real problem continues to be, extremely inequitable distribution of wealth.
That observation is just an illusion.

You need to look past your emotions and look at things in an objective manner. If you force a totally equal distribution of wealth, what do you have? China. No one wants to go down that road.

So whom do you begrudge for their wealth? Is it Bill Gates? Or Warren Buffett? Both of these made their billions the hard way. I have no issue with people like this, even when they decide to live a lavish lifestyle. They earned it, they deserve to spend it how they like.

Do you begrudge the bankers types? If so then vote with your shares of stock. One share, one vote.
Didn’t vote? Who’s fault is that? But you still collected the dividends, didn’t you?
Don’t own shares? Then you missed the gains went with it. Just sour grapes.

Below that is a hollow facade of wealth. Those who feel they deserve a bigger house or a better car. These are the people who don’t think about retirement or assume it will just work out. If the pay check stops for more than a couple of months they have to start selling things. These are the same people we hear about on tv. They whine and cry about their situation and claim it’s not their fault. But it is their own doings because they spent what they had.

It’s the people below that level where I do have sympathy for. They never made enough money to get themselves into trouble. They never bought the big house or the luxury cars.

For the most part we did it to ourselves.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Your beliefs are the illusions sold to you by people who have tricked you into seeing a gray reality where you only see one form of slavery in exchange for another.

When all the wealth is concentrated in the hands of just a few people, then it is back to feudalism, which is just as bad, if not worse than communism.

In a true market system, where goods and services are exchanged where price is set by supply and demand, distribution of wealth is far more evenly spread out among the people who actually produce the goods and services.

What we have here in the U.S. is a system controlled by banking elites who use their control over the money supply to fix markets in their favor, and suspend the laws of supply and demand. They call this a free market, and the suckers sold by talk radio lap it up like fools.

Gates is a con artist who sold the biggest con in history.

Buffett is a guy who has a great deal of talent in playing the market system. He is a master gambler, nothing more or less. He doesn't create wealth.

The rest of your comments are just ignorant hatred of your fellow human being. It is one screwed up person who wants to slam the average worker who worked hard all their lives to create their wealth, for allowing their retirements to be stolen by a bunch of Wall Street crooks. I hope you get what you have coming to you.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
In my humble woo-woo mystic opinion, the best thing an individual can do is prepare for a pilgrimage. Make it an act of faith. Make it an inner journey and an outer journey and put the two modes in accord. Transcend the political bull#. When TSHTF, go on a pilgrimage to the nearest and oldest sacred site...and pray. Then, go on to the next site. Don't worry about joining a revolution or about running to the hills or whatnot.

edit on 24-2-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
America has such a large middle class. And it's when the middle class
REALLY start to suffer, that is when things will really start to fall apart.
And it's happening NOW.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join