It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Policemen Submit Sighting and Photographs of Black Triangle UFO!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Im pretty sure i saw this hoax before, a looong time ago in fact. Defenently one for the hoax section!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
this photo would be easy to fake.the cop was proabily just board

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Following the triangle UFO, was an unidentified Alaskan gun-rights zealot under the impression that she was participating in a black triangle "skeet shoot".

She asked the officer for directions to the local WalMart, upon which he remarked that she was actually in the United Kingdom.

Much to the giant Alaskans surprise.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f26b6ed5307.jpg[/atsimg]

- Lee

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Wonder if we can get Nick Pope on this one...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This is definately a fake

It looks as if it was put in after the photo was taken.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I've been a wedding photographer for couple years so I've seen quite a few photos made by digital cameras. These pictures dont make sense to me. The pics appear to be blurry except for the triangle. One may argue that the triangle was in focus but that would also mean the grass below the triangle should be sharp also. Not to mention the triangle has a perfect black to it while the other black material in the pic appear to be dark grey.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
As an earlier poster described, you can do a color inversion/negative on a lot of pictures and see obvious differences in the color saturations of inserted objects.
In this particular picture you can see a lot of all white and all black portions of the frame that would not naturally be there. The photoshop / paint shop effect used there is called contrast. If you increase contrast the lights and darks will overpower the subtleties of the whole. Another way is to reduce contrast to the completed picture and then clarify a few times. After that a soft focus was added.

i have been making artwork / posters based on manipulation of photographs for years and experimenting with intentionally changing the look of a picture has taught me a lot. The most difficult part is taling two photos and merging them with no visible difference.

In this particular case it looks like an aircraft (maybe a medical helicopter coming to the scene of an accident ) was holding the attention of the officer and the triangle was digitally painted in. Not very well, by the way. The least a serious hoaxer could do would be to create something in cad-3D and render it as a 2D insert on the original image before manipulating the photo.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
My turn! This took about 2 minutes.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/34df04a06d26.jpg[/atsimg]

Actually, my hoax is clearly superior!
edit on 26-2-2011 by subby because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
lol! This is one of the laziest fakes I've ever seen. That's a flag! It's just been moved to the right in the first picture and the pole has been scrubbed out. In the second picture, they don't even bother moving the flag from its rightful spot.

Blurry photo in the middle of the day isn't helping their case either. Not that these guys are professional hoaxers or anything, cause they're obviously not . But this is awful and embarrassing and shame on anyone for believing it.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
Interesting case,

The pictures look good and genuine to me, the slight soft edges of the craft match the focus of the rest of the image(s).. From just a cursory examination, these don't look like hoaxed images to me..
I want to check this out further and read their report if I can..

Cheers

After reading that report, I see there is a lot very good detail about it.. Impressive testimony of what they say they saw...

The part about not wanting to answer any further questions is actually a very good idea by these officers..If they were to go public, they would get hassled to no end, plus their superiors could end up taking flak from who knows what..

It just sadly is not a smart thing to talk of these things still today, if you are in a lesser position of authority in an agency with a lot of people to answer to.. When they do, they always say: " I wish I hadn't told anyone afterall"

This is no reason at all to think it discredits this report..
edit on 24-2-2011 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

Either you are very gullible, or you really need to get your eyes tested. How the hell can you look at these photos look look good and genuine? I mean, they are some of the worst fakes i have ever seen, and its sad that some people look at these photos and believe them to be credible

It would be very interesting to see what else you believe in, maybe meier?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
For those that believe the pics are real... I'd just like to say that I have an unlimited supply of air guitars for sale at a reasonable price and instant delivery. Very rare flying V's also.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
this is what erkes the sh!t out of me about this freaking board. Any time there is some what a credible thread it really gets not love, but when stupid threads like this which have been proclaimed a hoax back on page 1 it gets 9 FREAKING pages of bs. do the board a favor and stop posting we all know this is a hoax, does it make you skeptics happy or hard debunking obvious foolery i mean get over yourselves and this topic its fake stop posting.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Come on, man. This ain't even a lower class hoax, it's below zero.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatGuyInTheKnow
this is what erkes the sh!t out of me about this freaking board. Any time there is some what a credible thread it really gets not love, but when stupid threads like this which have been proclaimed a hoax back on page 1 it gets 9 FREAKING pages of bs. do the board a favor and stop posting we all know this is a hoax, does it make you skeptics happy or hard debunking obvious foolery i mean get over yourselves and this topic its fake stop posting.

Relax dude, it's a discussion board.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Not very hard to conclude this is a hoax picture. Like others pointed out, the officer is not even LOOKING at the triangle, but towards the road closed sign. Yes, police work was so boring that day, not even a black triangle flying by can get their interest. And really, it flies perfectly sideways? Looks like this triangle was only 2D.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Here we go again.

Hexperts everywhere.

Anyone who makes ANY determination on such scant data is wholy uneducated on the subject. I am not sure ATS is good for anything other than making us aware of an event. Whether real or not, you will never know until you are educted on the subject and many other diciplines.

The photos are not proven faked. Rest your heads. Not proven real either. Cannot prove either way.

It is so easy to copy and post under anyones ID. So, that means everyone could potentially be fakes by the popular logic. All security can be defeted here. So you are probably fake? Study that.

They will not be able to prove the photos are real to anyone who do not believe ufos are real. Or, anyone who believe everything can be faked. But for those of us that KNOW these craft exsist, it is not unbelievable. Further, for those whom have studied the technologies being referenced incorrectly and with shallow certainty by the way, know that nothing certain can be derived from this short document.

I will say, it is dissapointing to see the composite sense so unusable here. I always hope such articles spur discussion less determinent and more creative discourse.

Oh well, have fun.

ZG

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

Are you going to discuss the topic or merely cast aspersions?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Bs of the 2nd kind
its a dorito
edit on 26-2-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I agree theres something about these photos that feels very unatural. the relaltive size and distance viewed does not match up in my brain.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
reply to post by ZeroGhost

Are you going to discuss the topic or merely cast aspersions?

I will go as close as I can to the source. Not here however. I could not in good conscience let yet another case be filed away as hoax by ametures that always stop intelligent discussion, like putting vinegar in the community punch bowl . Too soon, no one wants to even try telling their experience.

I have seen such a sighting. But the dysfunctional nature of those who fill their egos with pride by assuming they know crap from shinola does a true diservice in scaring honest folks away by the hundreds who see that their honesty is raped by such shallow non-critical opinions. I would think twice about placing my sacred gems in the hog slop discussions I have seen here.

ATS management sees $activity$, but are myopic to the trend they in part are encoraging.
The more these self empowered opinion people crap in the pool, the less any one wants to get in the water at all.

Eventually, UFO and other such discussion will be a joke here unless they put the inappropriate attitudes back in their pants and act civil.

Bearing false witness is bad why? Because it cultivates ignorance and unfairly hurts others for a start. When you judge another persons honesty with such poison unstudied opinions, you not only hurt them and yourself, but the community. There is no trust left here.

I can't believe so many "children" act like self appointed experts thinking they are insulated by their anonymity and won't suffer any personal repercussions. Yet the people they call "hoaxers" who honestly share their experience with us here not only get hurt by such mean aspersions, but loose faith in human nature seeing such bully ass hats cast their excrement indiscriminately.

I don't see issues I cannot account for in the images. I am an expert. I have been in computer graphics since 1982, seeing all the different software and the imaging problems. Some still in the technology today. I was doing digital photography with the first cameras. I was retouching out halos and pixel errors in real photographs, reading the technical documents for why an isolated object had errant pixels from the way the processor splits the information in a hard line and causes color shift in the "in between' pixels. And that is just one of hundreds of articles we studied to make the software better. So it ticks me off to see all the "hexperts" whom assume they learned all the possibilities without study.

And, as an illustrator, I will tell you, reality is not as strait forward in a 2-dimensional picture representing 3 Dimensional reality with, refraction, reflection, shadow, radiosity, ray trace and thousands of other effects you have to consider.

I used to airbrush and retouch photos. Now I do it with digital. I have seen hundreds of issues in REAL photos. I know for instance that you cannot know with any certainty how a shadow "should" be, because although I illustrate realistic scenes knowing the physics of light, perspective and color, I and other professional imaging people know that the worst fake looking image is the one you did perfectly following all the laws. Excrement happens. 24-7-365.

Reality has infinite relationships, and most (99.9999999999%) you cannot know. So if you see a shadow that looks wrong, an assumed newton ring from a scanner glass problem, a halo from the way a CCD deals with a demarcations of light on a bright area against a dark area, a wrong perspective you believe is proof the photo is faked, you are an idiot. You cannot know with enough certainty to then insult an innocent person.

Judge not, lest ye be judged equally. That is just good advice to take everywhere.

But I should not judge you then. You could be uneducated, delusional or retarded to make such rash judgments of others and not just an ass. So never mind.

I have seen police officers lie. Lie well. But I have an essential faith that people are good and I give everyone the benefit of a doubt. Do on to others....

Why not discuss how these images are possibly real? Why the negative approach? Is it just easier and your head doesn't hurt from having to actually think?

I can't say if these are real or faked. No one here can. NO ONE. Do your homework, or get an education and become a true investigator. Then you can say with confidence, "I am not sure".

And you will be being honest.

ZG
edit on 2/27/2011 by ZeroGhost because: Ever tried doing this on a Droid 2? Not easy. Nuff said.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join