It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Policemen Submit Sighting and Photographs of Black Triangle UFO!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by annella
My first look at the 2 pics and they did not look 'real'. The triangle is to black ( lolol) and in one pic, the triangle looks like a flag on a pole!

I agree annella, what you are talking about is a lack of contrast in the black colour of the object. It does not match the rest of the image which has much more contrast. An object that far away would not be completely black, it would have the same haze that the rest of the image has.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Ok, so let's see:

1) EXIF data was erased.
2) Contrast doesn't match.
3) Excessive blurring (to hide sharp edges).
4) Aerial perspective is incorrect.
5) Object is identical in both photos.
6) ..... Nevermind. It's obviously fake.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Why do the police keep trying to capture u.f.o.s on camera?shouldn't they be cleaning the streets of criminals?not trying to arrest aliens or military test pilots.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
The military has been testing a triangular craft like this one.its supposed to be a spy plane that is going to replace the SR71black bird.I cant confirm this but that's what conspirators say.Their have even been rumors that this craft uses some kind of alien technology.

edit on 25-2-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by paranormal78
The military has been testing a triangular craft like this one.its supposed to be a spy plane that is going to replace the SR71black bird.I cant confirm this but that's what conspirators say.

That may well be the case, but the chances of this craft travelling at an exactly perpendicular angle to the camera lens are quite remote.

Why would a craft travel sideways and why is there is no blurring of movement if it was a fast moving aircraft.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

i agree this is a fake picture if it was real the police would mount an investigation that would soon be closed by government officials. police have an obligation to investigate things that are real.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
When I first saw the pic I thought the shape was a 'play' button like on youtube. When I realised that that black triangle was supposed to be 'the thing' I thought " Oh - they've just stuck on an image of an old stealth bomber".
Hilarious!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

"1) there are abnormal pixelation discrepancies
around both objects which indicate a smoothing
process in an editer. "

NO NO NO , its a jpeg , saving anything as a JPEg will result in this type of pixellation around any object , PLEase I wish people would stop saying this is "obvious " because of this, This is how jpegs save data space ........

but yes blatant terrible hoax , why , its a really murky misty day , but the image is very well defined even tho meant to be further away in the mist and fog , so its either tiny and close to camera or added afterwards with no attempt to filter it ...also the car is to old for a 2010 police 4wd and i think the hats are old as well

edit on 25-2-2011 by gambon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
BLURRY -> FORCING LOGIC -> FAKE!
2nd. *gähn* -> de.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I can show proof that this photo is not authentic and I'll point out why. Adjusting for shadow highlights, we see that the dark pants and front tire sections of the photo, the foreground, should have the darkest values but that is not observed when I stretch out the adjustment, the triangle becomes the darkest 'hole' in the photo with a uniquely uniform feathered edge and no interior anomalies become apparent like in the pants and front tire.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

So not a shadow, its a reflection of the officer on a wet road?

I love ATS at times. I mean I could have sworn i have seen a shadow or two in my time but i am so interested as to find out as to why you think this is a reflection and not a simple everyday run of the mill shadow?

What is the light source bouncing off of to give the impression that its a reflection?

Not a-lot of detail in a mirrored reflection, as i am presuming there should be?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Am not an expert. But I know what a simple polygon tool and blur effect can do. I have some problem dealing with the actual 'location' of the UFO. Is it far, above the mountain or is it somewhere near?

Looks fake as hell.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
wow its like sasquach, allways out of focus...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
I can show proof that this photo is not authentic and I'll point out why. Adjusting for shadow highlights, we see that the dark pants and front tire sections of the photo, the foreground, should have the darkest values but that is not observed when I stretch out the adjustment, the triangle becomes the darkest 'hole' in the photo with a uniquely uniform feathered edge and no interior anomalies become apparent like in the pants and front tire.

Thank YOU for bringing up the tire! Besides the fact the black triangle is so black, there is something funny with the tire. Almost like someone brushed it to equal the blackness of the triangle.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
It's so hard, they are police, you want to trust them, and the question of why they would do something fake has to be asked, but as soon as I opened the thread, it just screamed fake.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

that looks really fake ..... sorry ..

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
A blurry picture with a triangle in the sky.Ummm Im sorry but this one is fake as hell.When ever you get blurry pic that automaticlly raises a flag for me.,not mention that stupid triangle that looks like it was paisted on their. Im a ufo guy and this is just a bad hoax in my opinion. soory.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strype
Ok, so let's see:

1) EXIF data was erased.
2) Contrast doesn't match.
3) Excessive blurring (to hide sharp edges).
4) Aerial perspective is incorrect.
5) Object is identical in both photos.
6) ..... Nevermind. It's obviously fake.

Cheers,
Strype

1 - The photo is hosted by ATS, which strips EXIF data. If it had EXIF data, then this website is not doing what it was built to do.
2 - I don't even know what that means; if an object doesn't reflect light, it will be very dark. If there is a clear sky, and a totally pitch-black, non-reflective object in the sky, it would be quite dark so long as there wasn't a bunch of gas/clouds between you and it. The object is not totally black, just really dark, in these photos. It is not one solid color, either - there is variation in the color within the object. The tire of the vehicle is as dark as the object in some places.
3 - The blurring is actually pretty well done. Check out my replica of this image on page 5. The blurring is consistent with the rest of the image, though I suspect the whole image was blurred artificially after the object was added (assuming its fake). Look closely at the blurring around the image (you can see the compression artifacts quite well around the edges), notice the consistent 9x9 pixel compression squares, on the object and the surrounding environment.
4 - Assume this is a real object in the sky. Do we know what size and shape this object is? Can we certainly say that the aerial perspective is *wrong* for an object we cannot accurately describe in terms of size/shape/color/etc? No. That's an assumption made without evidence.
5 - The object is not identical in both photos, nor is it a perfect regular triangle. See page 3 where I have done some stuff to show the shapes of the triangles.

This looks like a fake, but not for the reasons you mentioned. Check out these black triangle images from this excellent site: www.thelivingmoon.com...

NASA says it's space debris; a piece of thermal insulation. Looking at a hi-res photo of space shuttle insulation that does seem to be a possibility, notice some of the tiles are triangular in shape: upload.wikimedia.org...

However, the classic black triangle UFO is often either equilateral or isosceles, and totally black, regardless of the time of day of the sighting (in the reports I have read). I know there are sightings to go along with the photos of an illuminated black triangle though, so this isn't every sighting. In the above photos there are some totally black and textureless black triangle UFOs, and in a lot of the black triangle photos I have seen that's all there is - totally black triangles.

The object does have some texture... but it does indeed look fake. It's only after checking the image out does it withstand scrutiny. It's well faked, but whoever did it decided to skillfully edit in some object that really doesn't fit the image. They could have given the triangle a more believable perspective (in the images it looks like it is flying on its side, all other reports I know of have the triangles flying with normal orientation), or put some haze over it to make it blend better. It's like they cared enough to blend the triangle and photo together, but not enough to make the triangle itself look like a real object.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

For me they look fake and inserted into the pic.

Then again I'm not a photographic expert.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

The submitter of the following report has stated that the two photographs shown in this article are subject to the owner's copyright, and are not to be stolen or used in any means without permission.
might want to double check that you can use the photographs here?

Technically, if this was actually real, which it is fairly clear it isn't, the police person would have taken the picture while on duty and therefore arguably it is owned by the police.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join