It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Policemen Submit Sighting and Photographs of Black Triangle UFO!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
These pics are screaming fake so loud, its making my ears bleed.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Seems to me just to be a flag of some kind on the pole just under it. Looks like they hid some of the pole from the flag down say a few feet. Probably some type of a road hazard flag or another. Will check and see if I can find out which flag it is. He probably took it first at the pole them used same image in the other picture...Fog warning flag or something...

Edited for spelling
edit on 24-2-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Check the position of the officer's feet in the 2nd photo, he's nearly 90deg advanced to the supposed UFO - that's just not natural, think about how you would turn if you saw something like that, your feet would surely always follow behind your body, not be leading it.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Fake. It looks like Scottish Terrain - it could even be the road to Applecross and that's a Northern Constabulary officer and vehicle. There's a snow pole there which is rare in Britain except in higher locations like the road to Applecross or the Yorkshire moors. Oh and there's a 'Think!' sign which is permanently posted there because it is so damned steep and prone to landslides which is probably why the road is closed - yet another one. Sure, the image only suggests these things - but one thing it does do unambiguously is scream - 'FAKE!'

Incidentally - any image taken whilst on duty be it from a personal camera or from a force vehicle is the property of the Chief Constable and cannot be released without his or her approval. So in a bid to avoid damaging their career they sent it for release approval to the Chief of Police?

I don't think so.

Oz
edit on 24-2-2011 by Ozscot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by annella

That's EXACTLY what I thought at first glance...that it looked like a pennant flag on top of the striped pole. Whatever it is, it looks fake unfortunately....the triangle looks too dark and "superimposed".

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Its a fake and if you can't see that you seriously need to go to spec savers, I hear they have a sale on.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Thank you very much for the laugh, I did indeed get a good laugh out of your edited photo; you did a good job.

Like my Uncle Rahm always says: "Never let a good photo-shopped image go to waste."

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Taken from the comments section of the ufocasebook site, user "reg" states

This is an easy one to disprove. The photograph is taken at the eastern end of the Wrynose Pass in Seathwaite, Cumbria (at the junction with Side Gates). The mountain in the background is Pike Of Blisco on Wrynose Fell. The police car is a Ford Maverick which hasn't been sold in the UK since 1999 and hasn't been used by Cumbria Constabulary since about 2004. The photograph shows Wrynose Pass closed to traffic. Wrynose Pass was definitely not closed to traffic at any time on the 30th October 2010. Therefore - hoax. And a pretty poor one at that.

When I 1st saw the photographs I too thought that the police uniform and vehicle were dated. But the mistake they made in this hoax was that they claimed that they stopped because of the UFO but you can clearly see that they were there to stop traffic from going down Wrynose Pass. I think the photo might have been taken because of an RAF jet doing some low flying manauvers as a poster previously mentioned the RAF tend do in these valley's & someone has added a black triangle on top of it's trajectory.

Also user "jm" also points out.

The account includes two words spelled in the American form, not British - "materialize" instead of "materialise," and "maneuver" instead of "manoeuvre." Why would Brit cops use American spelling?

That also points in favour of this being a hoax.
edit on 24-2-2011 by mclarenmp4 because: Added info.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This is seriously the worst and most obvious fake I have ever seen in my life. Anyone who legit thinks this is real is a #ing retard. I wonder about people sometimes... you think you come to a website where everyone's "awake", and smart, but in the end a vast majority is mentally retarted, and as much a sheep as everyone else in America.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jake93
This is seriously the worst and most obvious fake I have ever seen in my life. Anyone who legit thinks this is real is a #ing retard. I wonder about people sometimes... you think you come to a website where everyone's "awake", and smart, but in the end a vast majority is mentally retarted, and as much a sheep as everyone else in America.

Love your post, straight to the point and very true. The Sheep quote is especially true.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mclarenmp4
reply to post by Arken

Taken from the comments section of the ufocasebook site, user "reg" states

This is an easy one to disprove. The photograph is taken at the eastern end of the Wrynose Pass in Seathwaite, Cumbria (at the junction with Side Gates). The mountain in the background is Pike Of Blisco on Wrynose Fell. The police car is a Ford Maverick which hasn't been sold in the UK since 1999 and hasn't been used by Cumbria Constabulary since about 2004. The photograph shows Wrynose Pass closed to traffic. Wrynose Pass was definitely not closed to traffic at any time on the 30th October 2010. Therefore - hoax. And a pretty poor one at that.

When I 1st saw the photographs I too thought that the police uniform and vehicle were dated. But the mistake they made in this hoax was that they claimed that they stopped because of the UFO but you can clearly see that they were there to stop traffic from going down Wrynose Pass. I think the photo might be of an RAF jet doing some low flying manauvers as a poster previously mentioned the RAF tend do in these valley's & someone has added a black triangle on top of it's trajectory.
edit on 24-2-2011 by mclarenmp4 because: For clarification

Good work, At least I was half right with the Maverick
What also got me was the lack of detail in what was supposed to be a policemans statement, no mention of direction of travel in relation to the photographs. You might think the direction is obvious, it is not. What you have are two pictures, the first depicted nearer the middle, the second nearer to the left, you are then left to presume then that the direction is towards the left, as if one is after the other, and there is no indication that is the case. That the object has a isosceles shape? It could've actually been a equilateral triangle shape going in another direction at an angle to the camera. The eyes are easily deceived in this way.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
I'm more surprised that the policemen didnt see the UFO shaped like the word "FAKE"

BTW before you start saying "OMG! a fake shaped UFO!" calm down... I done in it photoshop.
edit on 24-2-2011 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

Did you find the original, or did you take the craft out, then put "fake" in? I suspect you didnt find the original.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Error Level Analysis: errorlevelanalysis.com...

I added the triangle to the left. If I had started with a raw uncompressed photo, the error level analysis would have ended up better. But yeah, easy to fake. Good eye whoever recognized the area and the vehicle.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

He took the UFO out of the posted photo. A quick check in photoshop shows that

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Look at the second picture, the policemen is not facing the UFO and is looking in a totally different direction to where the UFO triangle is. I think the director of this stunt got it all wrong.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I think the most relevant question here is, who has investigated this report and interviewed the witnesses? Is the investigator experienced and credible? Who has analyzed the photo, and how was it analyzed? If the answer is that there has been no investigation and no interview of the witnesses and no competent analysis of the photos, then it is premature to get excited or draw any conclusions regarding this claim, nor is it possible to speculate in any meaningful way.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Debate over, these photos are what we've been waiting for.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

This is like, so fake. This goes against all reports, unless the thing is quite literally rotated 90 degrees. But to do so would indicate g-force. Thus nullifying its supposed special technology.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
both pictures as submitted are fakes.

1) there are abnormal pixelation discrepancies
around both objects which indicate a smoothing
process in an editer.

2) The EXIF data from both pics has been removed
entirely. One would do this if they were trying to
cover-up a photo-shopped image.

But don't take my word for it.
Look at it for urself.
It's a lot easier to see the
anomaly if you invert the colors before
you zoom in.

IMO, it's a hoax

I entirely agree. There's absolutely NO reason to remove EXIF data aside from trying to hide something. Not to mention the photo looks abnormally blurred, as if one were trying to blend sharp edges. Considering they're stills, I might be a little more impressed if they were from the 60s. However, I'm quite sure they weren't using Polaroids. Looks bogus to me, but who knows?

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Ok so the consensus here that these photos are fake, just looking at them without doing analysis should tell us this, there is a reason for this, it's called Aerial Perspective.

Aerial perspective or atmospheric perspective refers to the effect the atmosphere has on the appearance of an object as it is viewed from a distance. As the distance between an object and a viewer increases, the contrast between the object and its background decreases, and the contrast of any markings or details within the object also decreases. The colours of the object also become less saturated and shift towards the background color, which is usually blue, but under some conditions may be some other color (for example, at sunrise or sunset distant colors may shift towards red).

We can see this effect with the mountains in the background, yet we don't see it on the 'craft' despite the witness report claiming that it was seen "at some distance and some height".

Here's a good example of what I'm talking about:

en.wikipedia.org...

I'd recommend a visit to an optometrist if you see an alien space ship in these photos

edit on 25/2/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join