It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Exhaust: CO2 Emissions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Not sure where this should really go, so I just put it in the most appropriate place possible.

Not familiar on the science, magnitude of all this, but it has been running through my mind for quite a while.

What if there was piping from all industry/household developments to one big exhaust that sent all the emissions past our ozone/atmosphere out into space, would this be possible? Space vacuum sucking other things through other than Co2, can't really get my head around it all, just wanting some input from knowledgeable/like-minded people.

Regards,

SOS

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

It would require two things that I can think of off the top of my head:

1. A pipeline in excess of 120km long that is capable of either standing up under its own weight or kept suspended by use of the second item...

2. A space station, platform or other appropriate end-point that holds the top end in space through centrifugal motion.

Both ideas are in the works I believe, although not a pipeline but a 'space elevator'. It will be a while methinks before we see it come to fruition, if ever

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Thanks for your reply. It could suck up anything and wouldn't need anything to drive it

It's time world powers started working with each other for a greater good instead of waging wars that don't benefit anyone.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

If they stopped spending trillions of dollars on the military we could be halfway to the next solar system by now.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Right on, they could suck up nuclear waste and direct it to the sun to have it all burn up IMO?

new topics

top topics

join