It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Anti-government extremist' groups on rise in US: study

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev Am I being extreme?

Yes you are.

Just care about the stuff they tell you to care about like this seasons hot trends, that pretty little white girl that kidnapped, and of course your neighbors being extremists.

If you do that you'll be a perfect citizen.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Haha, I bet under that description half of the ATSers are "extremists." Keep your eyes open for when you crack jokes about the government now, they might make an example out of you.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Hell Yeah I'm Extreme about Freedom!

But I'm not in a group.

I'm just a solo American citizen.

Well, you can call my wife and kids a group. But whateva.

edit on 24-2-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
But I'm not in a group.

I'm just a solo American citizen.

Dont you know that makes you more extreme?

You're a "Lone Wolf" type. No real way to keep tabs on you or stop you. You could go off at anytime anywhere and there wouldnt be a thing the glorious government could do to stop you.

It's up to your neighbors, your family even, to report you ASAP as a danger so the cops can haul you off for your own good and the local media can report your couple of rifles, shotgun and handgun and that thousand round case you have as an "arsenal" and maybe even claim that can or lemon pledge in the bathroom as an IED component.

We cant have people like you walking among us. It's just too risky.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
If you get enough 'extrimests' together, then they become 'revolutionaries'.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by kwakakev Am I being extreme?

Yes you are.

I fully acknowledge that these subjects I mentioned are extreme, but does that really make me an extremist for raising valid concerns? I can sit around and watch movies of extreme sports all day in which I would be an extreme sports enthusiast. Once I get of the couch, get on my bike and go flying down the hills then I become an extreme sports activist.

Is the government really targeting everyone who questions the world in which they live? Are schools and universities next to be labelled extremist? Is the human brain extreme as it learns and questions its environment? Is free thought really extreme? I would rather see a world where science and reason has the political power over opinion and money. I am just do not know how to get there.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Every now and then the tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants. The time has come again the clash of free and tyranny will soak the earth, with the blood of patriots and tyrants!

Am I calling for a revolution? I do not know, you tell me.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
these are... intresting times friends and I'm sure were all of a similar line of thought but can I remind you all before someone saying somthing careless ATS has been quoted out of context before

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm sure none of us would like our words used against this site
edit on 24-2-2011 by monkofmimir because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2011 by monkofmimir because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2011 by monkofmimir because: never bet on me in a spelling b

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
From what I have seen so far any extremists that come on ATS are almost instantly shot down. Another mind poisoning piece of propagandist BS being spread by the government's wing-man. Makes so much sense to equate terrorists with people who want to actually SOLVE some of our countries issues instead of sweeping everything under the rug. Mahatma Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Mother Theresa ....all extremists too then I suppose? The scum that wrote that line is an extremist...ignorance extremist. Trying to kill people's hopes.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
When the People fear the gov and label gov as extremists - you'll have tyranny.

When the gov fear the People, and label the People as extremists - you'll have democracy.

When both gov and the People label each other as extremists at the same time - you'll have rebellion and revolutions.

Revolutions occurs whent the lines of communications between the People and the gov had broken down. Only transparency and accountability by both parties can heal and bridge the lines.

Protestors had shown their faces. Now the gov and its officers must show their faces too - transparency and accountability. Fear only comes from something that needs to be hidden.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Schools ad universities rarely challenge the status quo. The time of the eye opening education has been over for decades now. Public schools are run by the government and the universities are little more than money making conformity factories. Sure, it looks like anti-establishment but in the end all they teach is that safe opposition crap that locks into a flavor of left/right totalitarianism and still leaves the student with a solidly trained opinion that living life with a master is good.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hey anybody notice we're mainstream.Always wanted to be mainstream.So this is what it's like.No more working behind the scenes for me I'm mainstream,out in the open.This is cool.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burgo
it makes me laugh at the stupidity of western governments.
For the past two months (for now) USA, UK predominantly have been cheering on anti-government protesters in middle east yet when its own people do same like in uk they are labelled anarchists, terrorists and threatened to be prosecuted ...

Excellent observation.
The veil of deception is dropping to reveal all the evil and corruption globally
sad sad sad

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by paratus

Originally posted by Burgo
it makes me laugh at the stupidity of western governments.
For the past two months (for now) USA, UK predominantly have been cheering on anti-government protesters in middle east yet when its own people do same like in uk they are labelled anarchists, terrorists and threatened to be prosecuted ...

Excellent observation.
The veil of deception is dropping to reveal all the evil and corruption globally
sad sad sad

They are urging us on so they can actually have an excuse to issue real martial law. So they have an excuse to kill people and control them violently.

Sick...sick...sick...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

it looks to me like there may be some more painting with a VERY broad brush here, in order to stifle an ever-increasing dissentful populace who are being endlessly rail-roaded by tptb.

No they're not, they remarking on the recent "fad" of conspiracy theories that are entering mainstream circles that are just plain stupid and are only misleading people which obviously causes some serious problems. For example: Glenn Beck, I really don't think I need to give an example of his stupidity as he's seemingly always stuck on stupid regardless of the issue.

The problem with this easily understandable, let's take environmental issues for example, climate change is a serious issue but it is clouded by mainly right wingers who cloud the issue with plain lies that "it's natural" or "it's not happening", or can just give some speech about evil commie liberals wanting to regulate corporations to death by limiting how much they can pollute and somehow relate it to Hitler and Stalin while wearing a shirt that has a gun on it. Of course, some "hard left", for lack of a better word that I can come up with, don't help the issue, like Greenpeace and all these "naturalists" that go bat**** insane when someone wants to do anything that doesn't resemble their own awesome idea such as invading nuclear plants to get their protest some publicity about needing to find new power sources.

But I digress, the key issue here is a lack of critical thinking, and ironically enough, people in power realizing conspiracies are a pretty good tool to push their agenda, whether it be climate change, immigration, regulation/deregulation, medicine, political careers, etc.

Oh, and just to make it clear, yes I think most of the conspiracy pushers that use this to further their self interests are on the right, the left has it's fair share of libtards.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Pretty soon the ENTIRE WORLD will be considered "extremist." Let them call the FREE and AWAKE people what they will. They are showing their true colors (and their fear).

Great info you posted! S&F as usual!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Burgo

That my friend is exactly what Ahmindinajad did. He hailed protests in Egypt and condoned violence, but when his people took to the streets, they were met with force. Its all a game, a massive political game.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
When the People fear the gov and label gov as extremists - you'll have tyranny.

When the gov fear the People, and label the People as extremists - you'll have democracy.

When both gov and the People label each other as extremists at the same time - you'll have rebellion and revolutions.

Revolutions occurs whent the lines of communications between the People and the gov had broken down. Only transparency and accountability by both parties can heal and bridge the lines.

Protestors had shown their faces. Now the gov and its officers must show their faces too - transparency and accountability. Fear only comes from something that needs to be hidden.
this needs to be posted everywhere, I like your line of thought Seek

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The first thing any reader should notice is that this article comes from the RawStory web site... basically the left leaning version of NewsMax. I have read various articles from both and the bottom line is that they promote the same basic idea, which is that anyone not thinking the way we do is against us and that in order for things to be done right, we must be in charge. Our way is the best way.

When Bush was in power, NewsMax would target any opposition to the right. With Obama in power, it is going to be the place of RawStory to target opposition to the left. The real tragedy here is that at the heart of either side is pro-statism. It matters not who is running the show. The masses have been conditioned to think that regardless, government is necessary.

That government is a necessity is just not so. It will not be an overnight process, but as the internet (still a little freedom in there) is helping to make a truly small world, we will realize that the vast majority of us just want to get along with our neighbors, live a relatively peaceful existence, and pursue love, life and happiness as we each see fit. In developmental terms, government in its very nature is either a nest or a crutch. Once one realizes he or she can either fly or is no longer crippled, the nest and crutches are no longer necessary.

This does not even have to be gruesome or hideous. It only means that the small ruling minority, regardless of political philosophy, will have to go out and do something constructive without being at the expense of the life, liberty, and happiness of people that actually voted them into office. Yes folks, they just need to leave DC, go back home, and work directly in their home towns, cities, or states... and for and with the people that sent them to DC in the first place.

This is no conspiracy! It's just an idea for crying out loud!
edit on 24-2-2011 by JohnD because: clarification

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I don't call it extremism or terrorism, I call it EUTHANISM

Its for their own good

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join