It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Anti-government extremist' groups on rise in US: study

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

capitalism at it finest..they should be so proud of the monster that's going to devour them that they created

That's what they get when their pyramid gets to the end of the list

edit on 24-2-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

Me bug off? Did I offend you? Was this post meant for me? Internet can be confusing sometimes

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Salamandy

Me bug off? Did I offend you? Was this post meant for me? Internet can be confusing sometimes

what are you?
BLUNT or something?

bug off means BUG OFF!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Occasionally I will smoke a blunt, that's for sure. HA
But Im not too familiar with the term bug off only that Im pretty sure its asking me to leave because you're mad?
Im going to do so but please realize that I have no idea why youre mad. You offered no arguments - just typed bug off. Gee why dont you just call me a doo doo head and say that you own this thread and im not welcomes on your internet.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

its a Romanian thing.

they dont live here

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Hey There Dimensional, lets face it, most citizens are not Anti-Government at all. The difficulties lie
(no pun intended) with political leaders on the take. That's about it.

Citizens are uncomfortable with kickbacks,special interests, corruption, prep boy games, media dis-info,
and the revolving door conflict of interest sleeze ball state of the union.

It appears that all of our leaders are bought and paid for. Thus it appears that all citizens are anti government.

This is a classic case of discrediting the opponent. Even if the opponent is righteous.
EXAMPLE :
Excuse me, but I am scheduled for my taxpayer paid $400 haircut, $1200 hotel room,and $5000 hooker.
I have 7 minutes remaining , so if there are any further questions.......

O.K. I'll take one more , but tell the person behind you that you are the last tonight.
Times up,sorry,send me an email, I will have my aid "lay it out for me on the desk" tomorrow.
CONCLUSION:
Don't vote for spoiled brats,raised to be sociopaths,lawyers/and all others, from the Ivy leagues.

Get it now? We are Pro Government, THEY are Anti Government. Regards

S&F
edit on 24-2-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Typo

edit on 24-2-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Typo 2

edit on 24-2-2011 by Wildmanimal because: typo 3

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
All I know is at this point this thread has to have been flagged by the net scans for the FBI/NSA to look into like 10 times in those posts
and you know they do this. It's gonna be like these other countries where people are saying "they know who the credible people are and who is speaking out and they're rounding them up". Think of how it would be here if the government said we will sooner die than step down and fight back like they are in Libiya!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Thats because to the government the public is nothing more than property at best.. They forgot that they are supposed to be working FOR the people NOT the people working for them.
Because none of The so-called "leaders" care about the people theyre "leading" nor do they care about anything other than "power" and earning their bloodmoney from their illegal / immoral wars.. Thus any who dare speak out against them or disagree are labeled "terrorists" and "extremists".. The real terrorists occuppy capitols in the west with the main one being in d.c in america - president , senate and congress..
edit on 24-2-2011 by Expat888 because: Gremlins paid by the c.i.a interefered..

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
sometimes I'm lost for words...

If the us governemt carries on down this road, it pretty much is incitement to terrorism.

Tell people they are somthing enough and some of them inevitably believe it.

I think terrorism is bull, If there are so many people ready to blow themselves up were are they?

even I could launch a terrorist attack (not that I would) if I wanted to and I have no special training.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
This is typical tactics for the PTB.
The truth is twisted so far out of whack it makes pretty much everyone or anyone a terrorist if they oppose any goverment policy in any way.
The label extremist is just more icing that allows them to deal with anyone they want to in a vilent manner.
Truely? tuthfully?
God help us all......There is very little chance well be enjoying the freedom our fathers did........and that was a sham.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I wonder how long it'll be before one of these studies mentions ATS directly

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
The article assumes that in a supposedly established democracy that anyone who disagrees vigorously with any action or policy of the government, is an extremist, or a terrorist, or a danger to the state. However, no government which considers a healthy breadth of public opinion a threat, can possibly be a democratic one.
What is happening here is that groups which advocate for greater freedom from financial shackles, placed about the wrists of the population, and any group with ideals which place more emphasis on moral solidarity, than economic stability, are being lumped together with the small number of fascist organisations which exist in the US. Its pretty much the same here in the UK. When I give the BNP a piece of my mind when they come to my door, and tell them to leave my property or suffer a miniature VE day right on my doorstep, I am considered an extremist. When I inform people that supporting government in any fashion means that they have bought into a lie, and that they are funding the deaths of hundreds of thousands , or even millions of people , just by paying taxes, buying fuel, and living as a part of the system, I am considered an anarchist. I am not.
I demand my government are held to higher standards of moral account than the people they govern. I demand that my government is TAKEN from the lowest paid, and least socialy mobile people in the country, because only a person of that nature can represent the majority of people here (that is , people on low incomes, who are the only ones who know what REALLY needs to happen to fix the social issues affecting this nation). I demand that my government only go to war in a nation if that nations government has made a move on us, not just because a band of dangerous nutters happens to live there.
If anything I demand a government which contains people who comport themselves in a way I can be proud of , proud to serve, and proud to be governed by, and a government who's every decision is ratified by ballot of the general population. A government in short who do as they are blasted well told by the people. I am all for government, Im just not for the current method of governance, or any of the myriad facets of that tainted jewel. Yet, for all the respect I have for good government, absolute transparancy, total and complete equality in my nation , and all the best aspects of freedom and democracy, I am apparantly an anti government extremist, lumped in with the terror cells, and the fascists, and the least moraly reputable persons in my nation.
None of this can happen in a true democracy, and neither can illegal wars, cuts which do more damage to the poor and the young, than the rich and untouched in society, or expenses scandals and secret oil and mineral trading with nations who use thier peoples blood to mine thier wealth.

edit on 24-2-2011 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical farce expunged. Carry on.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

They are simply looking for an excuse to use violence to quash any protest. We can take a page from the Egyptian youth and use non-violence. If they can do it in the middle east where they are more prone to violent protest so can we.

The videos we saw last year of the jack boots oppressing at the convention etc. wouldn't fly if millions took to the streets. They would have to use violence or back off. I think the police and military would more likely back off if millions took to the street. if they didn't and used violence well then they would spark a hot revolution with millions of armed Americans and no one wants that not even TPTB.
edit on 24-2-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
There's also the fact that they mention, since the U.S. elected a black president!, almost sounds like there trying to link us in with Racism also. We are getting to smart we've figured them out and they don't like it!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

uh oh is right, funny i stubled accross this post. Ive just finished watching camp fema. Very eye opening. Dont let go of your firearms my u.s friends. With some of those executive orders lurking around i feel something is up for sure. They have made profiling of homegrown terrorist pretty much apply to everyone in some way or another. Rediculous things like defending the constitution, anti abortionists... And if you have a ron paul bumper sticker, your an enemy of the state an could loose your given human rights under the patriot act. On the bright side, from what i know alot of americans are willing to fight for their rights! Just beware executive orders friends!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Segador
Anyone who is a Libertarian is an Anti-Government extremist to them.

Wern't some trying to align the Unions with the Muslim Brotherhood yesterday? It seems it doesn't matter what side you come from you will labelled a terrorist by someone. It Basically makes every US citizen a potential terrorist in someones eyes. Like one big gitmo

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Of course these groups are on the rise. The government is becoming anti-citizen.

Despite what some other posters have said to the contrary, there is an undertone in the nation right now that is based in anti government trust. Many will attempt to 'blow it off" by making excuses or just ignoring the fact of the matter but the government itself is becoming less "user friendly" to the citizen whom it is supposed to serve.
edit on 2/24/2011 by Humint1 because: spelling correction

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Reply to post by WraithXV

That's great, the church of freedom.

Get mad at the false freedom you're sold by the gov and fight back for real freedom and they label you as a threat to their false freedom and call you a terrorist.

Awesome doublespeak job they have going.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Notice how it also mentions that this happened after the election of a Black president - implying that people are outraged by a Black president and so become extremists against the Government.

Because anyone who doesn't like what Obama is doing MUST be a racist - obviously :/

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Why do I feel terrified every time I go go shopping as I am left in the dark as what has GMO and what does not? Why do I feel terrified that there is a lot of debate in science community with GMO with many conflicting results, but we are still feed this stuff? Why do I feel terrified when the population continues to get experimented on with vaccinations and other medication when the long term data says that these are more harmful than beneficial? Why do I feel terrified when our government goes of to war based on a lie? Why do I feel terrified with some much proof of free energy devices yet non are in the market? Why do I feel terrified when there is so much proof of UFO's yet government still remains silent? Why do I feel terrified when the people who rip of the economy and cause much destruction continue to get obscene bonuses while so many others are forced to pay and suffer? Why do I feel terrified when the truth is patented, copyrighted and hidden with non disclosure, national interest and other secret means? Why do I feel terrified when the media has no obligation to be honest? Why do I feel terrified when politicians have no obligation to fulfil their promises? Why do I feel terrified when money and opinion is worth more than science and reason? Am I being extreme?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join