It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox's Shep Smith: Pretending Wisconsin Is About A Fiscal Crisis Is "Malarkey"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I was very impressed with Shepard Smith's comments today on FoxNews regarding the Wisconsin / Collective Bargaining issue ...

Basically, he said (out-loud) that this is all about big-business sponsoring Republican's to get Union's busted. It's not as if we didn't all know that anyway - but it's radical to hear that from somebody on FoxNews.

He went as far as to say 7 out of the top 10 campaign contributors are big (and anti-union) business figures (calling-out the Koch's specifically I think) - who are donating to Rep's to get the Unions busted - because those Unions are essentially the other 3 out of 10 top campaign contributors (who tend to contributed to Dem's).

I'm trying to find a good video link now, so I don't have to quote it all here.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Dear god, there is hope for this country after all, could this possibly be an anchor rising up and telling the truth for once?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Shep does not fit in at Fox. It's like he's screaming to be fired, but they won't because his show is in the Top 5 rated shows on cable news. I respect his individuality and persistance in conveying the truth instead of focusing on staying true, at all cost, to Fox News politically conservative ideology.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Erica1631 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Anyone want to start a pool to see how long Shep has his job? The guy has moments of truth, during Katrina he basically told Billo to f*** off.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Hmmm... I could find no video's other that the one I originally cited. Nothing on FoxNews web-site. Plenty of other Shepard Smith stuff, including other stuff from today - but not this segment for some reason. They must be having "technical difficulties".

edit on 2011-2-24 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Fixed formatting.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
To be fair (to his job security), the conversation did lead into the fact that the honest debate really should be about the role of Unions (or maybe the role of Big Money - eh Shep?). I don't think he's necessarily pro-Union or anything. He's just not playing the game of blaming all the troubles in the world on them. And for that ... I give him 5 stars!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Very nice find. I just saw this a little bit ago myself. I have been reading all kinds of posts from apparent Walker fans who I also see defending everything FOX ever airs and I could not help but wonder what will happen when these two incongruous thoughts meet in their heads.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

This is nothing new.. If people actually took some time to watch FoxNews instead of believing what others tell them, you will find they are not the cheerleaders of the right as people make them out to be. They consitently make the effort to have people representing both sides of an issue on the air at the same time.

People mistake Oreilly, Hannity and Beck as FoxNews and not opinion programming. The same holds true for MSNBC - Their news section is pretty good. Their opinion section is Maddow, Schultz, Matthews and at one point olberman. - all opinion.

In one incident Sheppard Smith was doing an interview during the last elections. When only one side, a Republican, was on the air with the Democrat missing, he appologized to the viewers for that messup, and allowed the other party to speak at a later time when they found him to counter what the republican said.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
In my opinion, Megyn Kelly and Shepard Smith are the only two on Fox News that actually present the news in a mostly "fair and balanced" way. Every other personality on that channel spews nothing but opinion, propaganda and lies. Of course you won't catch Shep or Megyn in the prime time hours when most people tune in.

Overall, I believe CNN is the most fair and balanced. I can't think of a single anchor, that has a regularly scheduled show, that spews nothing but opinion, propaganda and lies.

Applause to Shepard Smith...By the way I saw the segment the OP is referencing. I wasn't surprised at all that Shep told it like it is...he usually does.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I don't think that this thread is about the overwhelming amount of honest reporting coming from Fox News. Quite to the contrary, I think it's about how rare and refreshing it is to hear the truth coming from Shepard Smith, who seems to be somewhat out of place among the rest of the propagandizing Fox News team.

Like many others here on ATS, I wonder how long he will be able to hang on to his job there at Fox. I mean telling the truth and all, just really doesn't fit in with their normal programing M.O.. I would imagine that his career at Fox News may be short lived but not to worry, I'm confident that one of the more truthful MSM outlets will snatch him up as soon as he's free.

To the OP I say, Good Find. I could hardly believe my ears when it broke the news. Imagine, a truthful Fox News reporter, who'd a thunk it?
edit on 24-2-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I actually like Shepard Smith and Brett Baier on Fox News Channel, although Fox Business evening line up is my favorite to watch. I do not like the 'personalities' on Fox News of O'Reilly, Hannity, and the like because they are nothing but hot air just like the O'Donnell and Maddow of MSNBC.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator
I was very impressed with Shepard Smith's comments today on FoxNews regarding the Wisconsin / Collective Bargaining issue ...

Basically, he said (out-loud) that this is all about big-business sponsoring Republican's to get Union's busted. It's not as if we didn't all know that anyway - but it's radical to hear that from somebody on FoxNews.

He went as far as to say 7 out of the top 10 campaign contributors are big (and anti-union) business figures (calling-out the Koch's specifically I think) - who are donating to Rep's to get the Unions busted - because those Unions are essentially the other 3 out of 10 top campaign contributors (who tend to contributed to Dem's).

I'm trying to find a good video link now, so I don't have to quote it all here.

Shep is a true NBC Chris Matthews liberal. He always sides with liberal tactics. Why Foxnews keeps him is beyond me. It's one of the few times I turn the channel when watching Foxnews.

new topics

top topics

join