It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA scientist doesnt think abovetopsecret.com is a dependable source...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Quote from OP LINK

If instead you consult dependable websites like wikipedia and skyandtelescope you will find that Comet Elenin will come nowhere near the Earth. At its closest (on 10 September 2011) it will be more than 25 million km from our planet.

My post was informative (not off topic) stating that whoever answered these questions is WRONG.
Once again, CHECK this link from NASA stating the path of Comet Elenin in 2011. Go ahead, check out the date of September 10, 2011. Then watch the articles validity go down the drain when you fast forward time to the month of October 2011 including the dates from the 10th to the 25th. You will clearly see that the response left by the "NASA" folk is wrong and misleading.

Secondly, I was joking that the person who works at NASA was earning minimum wage as do the people who write Wiki articles. As funny as it is, I'm not entirely wrong so I'd take a step back RoughyCannon and consider this:
1. Any person in this world can write an article in Wiki. That means me, you, an illiterate child with a laptop, a blind elder with a smartphone. Any Schmuck. You get the point?
2. So what does that say about what they make (money wise)? EVERYTHING. Refer to #1
3. Still don't believe me? Check out Wikipedia Here's a quote from that link...

Welcome to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.

4. Perhaps you're one of those college students that got in trouble/failed for writing a paper and used Wiki as a source. Sorry to say, but you standing up for Wiki will not change your grade buddy... Wiki in not a reliable source.

edit on 24-2-2011 by DrRage because: added content

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
To be fair to the person who answered that question it would seem they were talking about the comets perihelion and not it's closest Earth approach, which they would be correct about. But either way that question was sloppily answered and it's easy to see the confusion.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsonninja
they think that because they saw human alien thread about them and google hiding nibiru and then they did a face palm

I find it quite bizarre that you bring down a fellow ATS member when he isnt even posting on this thread??

.Ive noted you also targetting a thread he has running at this moment...can I ask why you are doing that?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

WOW. Wikipedia is a reliable source? Ha! Anyone can edit wikipedia. My school won't allow anything from Wikipedia to be used as a reference but I was allowed to use ATS all I wanted

Yikes...ATS as a source???

Remind me not to go to your school.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
abovetopsecret is not a reliable source for anything. At least on wikipedia the deranged ravings of maniacs can be deleted and replaced with verifiable facts. The idea that this site is a 'reliable source' is a joke. I doubt even the owners and moderators aspire to ATS being a source of reliable information. Too many trolls, too many people suffering from severe mental illness and the moderation leans far to heavily towards the 'roll up, roll up and watch the crazies raving in our internet freakshow' side of lax for my liking.
Any thread that presents wild claims as fact without a shred of evidence should be deleted instantly.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

I doubt they understood what ATS was.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

The same person did this as well yesterday. I don't like seeing other's attacked like this. It should not be allowed.

now do a history on nibiru and send a copy of both to human alien so he can stop his fear campaign on ats.

This quote above came from yesterday's thread that wasn't even created by Human Alien.

The History of Planet X

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well if nothing else, at least we know the people at NASA know about ATS, and they probably read it a lot, obviously it is not a reliable source of hard fact, and information, but I bet it comes in handy when they need to apply a little diverse/ creative thinking to whatever area they are working on, the collective ramblings and divergent opinions, could be considered an extended brainstorming exercise for them, after all it only takes one thought to spark another, so at best ATS could be considered inspiring, but never a waste of time.

Oh and just in case your reading ..... Hi NASA people

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Or they could be reading it to see how many people believe in 2012 verses disbelievers!
They may want to know what we know! Hard to say....

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkunkSense

Or they could be reading it to see how many people believe in 2012 verses disbelievers!

This is true, and certainly crossed my mind that perhaps and going slightly further, ATS could be used as a gauge for what joe public thoughts are on a variety of area's, as well indeed you correctly said 2012.

I guess like a lot of things we will never know

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon

Originally posted by SkunkSense

This is true, and certainly crossed my mind that perhaps and going slightly further, ATS could be used as a gauge for what joe public thoughts are on a variety of area's, as well indeed you correctly said 2012.

I guess like a lot of things we will never know

The problem with that is that the membership here is in no way representative of 'joe public'.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
In fact I've noticed a lot of the old members don't post any longer. I'm quickly loosing interest in the UFO - Alien Forum these days because it's been taken over by the silly crowd lately.

I very rarely find the motivation to join threads/discussions these days. Been here since 2002 - and have had a few year/two year long breaks.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
lol its probably because so many people bash on nasa on here they wanted to get on the smack talking train as well

in my book its ATS > Nasa anyday

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join