It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 1/2 year old boy is a Medical Marijuana Patient.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Toddler, one of 51 kids using medical cannabis in MT

Cash's parents were there every step through his battle and watched as drugs prescribed by his doctors made him hallucinate and stop his heart. Cash's dad says medical cannabis helped rebuild his organs that were damaged from the chemo, helped with his appetite, and helped him sleep.

"I watched Cashy not be able to eat for over 40 days, live off nothing but fluid intravenously to the point where he couldn't lift his head up off his pillow, I realized along the way in this journey that there is a quality of life that a lot of people do not have, and it's because of the drugs that they're given," said Hyde

What does everyone think about this? I completely agree with parents looking for alternative medicine if the medicine being prescribed by doctors isn't working, has adverse side effects, and is generally making the life of their son or daughter unbearable. I also completely support Medical Marijuana for anyone who it is benificial to.

But, how does constantly taking marijuana effect the brain of such a young child. I'm sure there are others here who can answer that. Also, if it does have an adverse effect on a childs brain, is that effect worse than the medicine some doctors are already prescribing children?
edit on 23-2-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

[Mod edit - fix link & add proper ex tags]
edit on 23/2/2011 by Sauron because: fix link & add proper ex tags

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Well I am guessing that it couldn't be any worse than the alternative. If used in baking or vaporized maybe. I am sure there will be arguments for both sides.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I am all for it, better this than some big pharma prescription that poisons the boy throughout.

I would imagine he is ingesting as apposed to smoking it, hopefully.
if ingested there is practically no side effects to the drug. Anything science done by the government is false, as of course they have to demonize it, or they would look like idiots.

Whether through vaporizer, or through ingestion the side effects are minimal to nothing, minus that you feel good, are happy and love food.

Anyone that says otherwise isn't listening to all the doctors.

Pred...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
i did a quick google and found no real proof that cannabis is worse for kids than it is for adults, he may end up choking on chocolate, but if i were to die, that's the way id like to go.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Using marijauna does kill brain cells, and inhibits short term memory, ill be the first to admit this. So long term use by a minor as young as this could potentially stunt the growth of the brain, and mess up the childs ability to learn.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
www.cannabisscience.com. Cannabis is going to explode as a medicine. Check the web site out an click around. Cannabis (not marijuana) can be used to relieve symptoms and cure diseases including Cancer. Two days ago they publicly anounced the enormous progression and clinical studies on cancer. I believe they have a pill form, ointment, or cannabis bud depending on what you are prescribed for. Go to the web site and learn. Cannabis is the wave of the future in the medicine. I'll probably end up droping some casht on CBIS as I can see their studies and products changing the way everyone in the world thinks about cannabis as their trials will show.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ReVoLuTiOn76

if the kid is gonna die without it then it doesn't really matter if he smoked it and burnt a few brain cells, vaporized it or (forgive me for sounding like a dumb butt because I know better) main lining weed lol. If it works use it! if snorting coke kept a person alive in a state of limbo between life and death then lets make a sand dune and suck the coke up like charlie sheen on a bad day. I don't use drugs but have no qualms about it to stay alive

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

www.drugpolicy.org...

This collection of myths and facts is based on the book Marijuana Myths, Marijuana Facts: A Review of the Scientific Evidence . A decade after the book was published, the latest scientific evidence continues to support the original findings.

Top Five Marijuana Myths

Marijuana Can Cause Permanent Mental Illness
Marijuana Is Highly Addictive
Marijuana Is More Potent Today Than In The Past
Marijuana Offenses Are Not Severely Punished
Marijuana Is More Damaging to the Lungs Than Tobacco

well there you go

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
There is little to no chance of emotional dependance at his age. Come puberty though........ For the jerks who will go off the handle. This isnt your kid so get bent...fight on little man. Kills brains cells when smoked....I doubt they are allowing him to smoke it. It is probably in edible/pill/ vapor form
edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

If it helps so that the child does not suffer, I don't think it should be prohibited.

They did a study in Canada where they gave (with the parent's permission) a child hemp peanut butter toast in the morning before he went to class to treat his ADD/ADHD. It didn't get the kid high or impaired him but instead calmed him down so that he could sit in class and pay attention.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
silly boys....kick the ama out you retards....sinc e the late 1800's or early 1900's the ama was treasoned...all the medical schools were clamped down by rockerfeller to the point where they had to conform or lose their money...so they CAVED
what does that mean we have here now? well,.....we got squat. the doctors don't know any better, they just parrot what they're taught

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Saw this on the news last night. So, what do I think? That is the cutest little pothead I have ever seen. Awww... I wish him all the best and that he gets better, and fast. He needs a better quality of lfe, and the THC is helping him. (BTW, he is ingesting it.) Just wish it could offer him more. Healing vibes right at ya lil cutie! Kiss kiss...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

Cash's parents were there every step through his battle and watched as drugs prescribed by his doctors made him hallucinate and stop his heart. Cash's dad says medical cannabis helped rebuild his organs that were damaged from the chemo, helped with his appetite, and helped him sleep.

"I watched Cashy not be able to eat for over 40 days, live off nothing but fluid intravenously to the point where he couldn't lift his head up off his pillow, I realized along the way in this journey that there is a quality of life that a lot of people do not have, and it's because of the drugs that they're given," said Hyde

What does everyone think about this? I completely agree with parents looking for alternative medicine if the medicine being prescribed by doctors isn't working, has adverse side effects, and is generally making the life of their son or daughter unbearable. I also completely support Medical Marijuana for anyone who it is benificial to.

But, how does constantly taking marijuana effect the brain of such a young child. I'm sure there are others here who can answer that. Also, if it does have an adverse effect on a childs brain, is that effect worse than the medicine some doctors are already prescribing children?

[color=lightslateblue]You could also ask what kind of effect does chemotherapy have on a child's brain???

The kid has to be terrified. All the doctors, hospital stays, shots, blood draws, IVs, big scary machines, etc, those things are horrific to a child.

I will probably get flamed for this but here it goes anyway:

If the medical marijuana gives the poor little guy any increase in his quality of life, I say go for it. Not being able to eat for FORTY days? How horrible is that? Put yourself in his shoes for a second.

"But, Daryllyn, Marijuana is ILLEGAL"

It grows out of the ground. I would say its probably safer than many of the drugs we see those lawsuit commercials about everyday.

I hope the little guy makes a recovery so he can be a kid instead of a cancer patient.

edit on 23-2-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Marijuana does not inhibit short term memory, nor does it kills brain cells. Short term memory is relative anyway, think about it, if you try and remember a phone number to dial it quickly it can be quite difficult, after that number is dialed, do you try and remember it? The answer is probably no, but you never think about it.

Short term memory is a difficult thing, when you get into the actual science of the brain there are many mysteries surrounding it, I sent a link to another member here where it was actually proven to INCREASE brain growth and development.

15 years and going for an astrophysics pHd, so I doubt it affect mine.

Pred...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

Originally posted by MysticPearl

[color=lightslateblue]You could also ask what kind of effect does chemotherapy have on a child's brain???

The kid has to be terrified. All the doctors, hospital stays, shots, blood draws, IVs, big scary machines, etc, those things are horrific to a child.

I will probably get flamed for this but here it goes anyway:

If the medical marijuana gives the poor little guy any increase in his quality of life, I say go for it. Not being able to eat for FORTY days? How horrible is that? Put yourself in his shoes for a second.

"But, Daryllyn, Marijuana is ILLEGAL"

It grows out of the ground. I would say its probably safer than many of the drugs we see those lawsuit commercials about everyday.

I hope the little guy makes a recovery so he can be a kid instead of a cancer patient.

edit on 23-2-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

Am I the only one who can't read your response due to the color? Not trying to be rude, but you're making it damn difficult for us to read whatever you posted.

Edit: Although now that I quoted you I can read it.
edit on 24-2-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I read her reply just fine. Maybe there is something wrong with your browser or monitor.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

What browser do you use? Just wondering if that could be it.

Sorry about the color thing! I am just having fun learning ATS BBcode

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76
Using marijauna does kill brain cells, and inhibits short term memory, ill be the first to admit this. So long term use by a minor as young as this could potentially stunt the growth of the brain, and mess up the childs ability to learn.

Look up the facts before you admit things OK?

I vote that they should just give him the heart stopping medication, I mean that is FDA approved right?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I am happy this little one is doing better. The meds the kid was on would have probably given him more long term problems than marijuana ever could.

It's funny how many civilizations prior to us who didn't criminalize a plant used marijuana for many different health issues and they were just fine! Now they ban it and say it's oh so bad for you and addictive yet there is a huge amount of proof to show the benefits medically. I guess the chemicals they give out in their happy pills most of the US and other parts of the world are addicted to are ok. It doesn't matter that the side effects can be so bad you need more meds which are just as harmful to combat the side effects and the cycle goes on.

If this were my child I would do the same thing.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
If it works without damaging his body or causing any kind of mental/psychological problems, then there's no reason for him not to be on it as an alternative to harmful legal drugs.
This child is not old enough to make these kinds of decision for himself; if the marijuana is saving his life, then that is the best responsible decision for his parents and doctors to make.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join