It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello all. I'm Finally getting around to posting an introduction.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Hello ATS'ers. I kept intending to post an introduction, but always put it off. I'm just going to keep it short and simple.

I'm a 31-year-old professional photojournalist living in south Louisiana. I'm interested in pretty much all topics if they're well supported/argued.

More specifically, though, I enjoy looking through photo and video evidence of the paranormal. I have a few years experience with Photoshop and several video editing programs, so I'm pretty good at spotting fakes and analyzing questionable photos. I absolutely abhor purposefully faked or staged photography (that's the journalist in me talking), so I have a personal interest in filtering out any worthless photos/videos that waste peoples' time and attention.

Anyway, that's a little about me and where I stand. I'm looking forward to a fun, insightful future on ATS. Glad to be here.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thepresenttense

Welcome to ATS thepresenttense and have a flag on me.

Its great to see that you finally got your round tuit.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6d2713e179b.jpg[/atsimg]

I had been here over six months and made gold member status before I got mine. Then the cat took it and ran off and I haven't seen it since.

Still, I never would have posted that intro thread without it.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Hi thepresenttense, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!
Hang around long enough and you are sure to find something
you are interested in.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Welcome along

If you want to have fun looking at fake pics and videos then your going to be a busy bunny round here

Have a look in the HOAX forum for some previous ones hoaxes

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Prove your worth. Give us the facts that are happening result of the oil spill.
There are many news reports from local stations there, what do you know?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
South Louisiana photo journalist, sweet. Hope to see your threads out there, with pics. Welocme to ATS. Big fan of Lafayette myself, had a great vacation there. Not to say you are from there.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Glad to meet you! Welcome to the nuthouse

This place is exciting and mesmerizing.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Steve8511

Thanks for the warm welcome, all. As for covering the oil spill, I'd love to have an inside scoop for you, but honestly I've spent little time covering it because most of the action is at least 3 hours away and I'm working full time for a daily newspaper (The Daily Advertiser). So, mostly I'm covering much more city news and day-to-day stuff. However, right after the spill I spent some time in several towns including Delcambre, a nearby shrimping community, and Intracoastal City, a shipping, oil and fishing community, talking with fishermen, restaurant owners and other citizens. Although their stories and fears were fascinating and locally print-worthy, I didn't hear much that was too different from what we've all seen in various news sources. Basically, I hear most often about BP officials not being trustworthy and the ultimate effect of dispersants being a big scary unknown. Despite that, though, LOTS of people here are invested in the oil industry and want to see it running full steam ahead--deep water, shallow water, land rigs---the whole nine.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Hello...welcome...and enjoy.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS neighbor! Lafayette is just right down the road from me. I have no doubt that your interests, knowledge and life experiences will be an asset to this community. Les sa la bon temp roule!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS this is an awesome place i know i really enjoy it i hope you do also
edit on 24-2-2011 by pez1975 because: typo

new topics

top topics

join