It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police State: NYC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Now I lived in the city my entire life, and as much as i want out from the stifling cops and sheeple, i have conditions holding me back for now. and while im stranded in this boiling pot of fines and oppression, i've watched a number of incidents go down as well as experience them myself head on.

Years ago, I was able to ride a bike on the sidewalk without any incident whatsoever, until i hit 16, then i recieved a summons for riding on the sidewalk. then 2 years down the line, i recieved another summons for the same incident within NYC housing projects grounds, thats not even a sidewalk in the first place. luckily, that ticket was thrown out the window. Now with money man Mike Bloomberg in office:

while at work, im a bike messenger btw, i would watch the UPS truck get tickets after tickets, DHL gets ticketed, FEDEX gets ticketed, USPS gets ticketed, other delivery trucks in the middle of the offload get ticketed, bikers pulled over for running red lights (me included), and from everything i hear on the news about new laws being written into effect by this money-driven jackass, down to a warrant for a summons that never reached the courthouse in the mail, all you can really do at some point is stand back and watch in awe... in awe the travesty and non-sense that takes over every corner of the 5 boroughs.

another plan mayor mike (3rd term btw) REALLY want to implement is a toll on the roadways, bridges and tunnels that dont have a toll into the city. that would mean the brooklyn bridge, manhattan bridge, williamsburg bridge, queensboro bridge and harlem river bridges will be required to have a toll to move in and out.... is he not aware that pushing this through will shut the city down?

not to mention his next new law recently signed into effect: Bloomberg Signs Legislation Expanding Smoking Ban

www.ny1.com...

Mayor Michael Bloomberg signed legislation into law Tuesday that bans smoking in many public spaces around the five boroughs.

Under the new law, smoking will be banned in the city’s 1,700 parks and 14 miles of public beaches. City pools and recreation centers will also be smoke free.

The bill bans smoking in city pedestrian plazas, like in Times Square, as well.

Are you serious? this is the bloody outdoors, and you're still looking for a way to nickle and dime people by any means neccessary. you basically cannot do anything now with the cops harrassing you over these pointless laws that tend to cause more problems, like re-drawing traffic lines and turning a 2 line street into 1, its now where we've arrived in 2011 with "safety laws" that can actually jepordize safety and businesses alike.

does anyone else in the city understand where im coming from with this?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
as the bible says Give to Caesar what is Caesar's. They are going to find a way to get it anyway.

I don't live in NYC but I notice my town is hammering people for the smallest of infractions.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
someone posted that smoking law a few days ago and mentioned that pedestrians have to enforce it, because police won't. if that's true, sounds to me like they just think it's a stupid law but enough people are complaining about it so they say "alright you guys enforce it, not us." the law itself is too stupid for words. and once someone points out how bad the bridge toll law is, and how bad it'd hurt business(i can sense a lot of lobbying going on with that one) it won't get passed, or it'll get complained enough about to where it gets thrown out entirely.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
That seems to be the way it goes with not just New York City,but every where.Even the counties and states.Have you seen the stupidity that they are passing in the state legislature.Many of my friends are getting ready to leave the state when they retire.Some are already gone.Even people Like Tom Galisano have fled the tax state. I don't know if it is true but when he moved out of state he said that it was costing him 100,000.00 a day just to live here.He just sold the Sabers so he won't have to come back to the state.For years they would tell us that they were giving us a tax cut .When the tax bill came the cost had gone up.We had a county executive who ran on a platform of cutting the property tax 40%.He got elected and true to his word cut the tax 40%.The town I lived in immediately raised their property tax by 56% so no tax cut for us but a nice fat increase.I no longer live in that town.Guess why.

Where I live now much to my suprise they cut taxes last year and this year. Not by allot only 4% last year and 3% this year.But it beats a 16% increase.I love this town.The people are really nice.The politicians are better than I'm used to.Even the cops are pretty nice here.I think I won't be moving again.

new topics

top topics

join