It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests spread to NORTH KOREA!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Interestingly enough, one of our favorite people from history (at least for many here at ATS) foreshadowed much of what's happening now. (Yes, some aspects of what he said or way of saying it sound a little odd - but you have to consider the attitudes of the time he lived in.)

When enough people learn enough about each other to realize that the common man, no matter where you go, mostly wants the same things in life, then they realize that there's not that much point in fearing each other. The understanding is the human condition tends to outweigh differences in appearance, language, or culture. Then when you have a few still trying to stir up fears or setting up conditions for greater inequality such that they can stay on top, everyone else isn't going to put up with any B.S. for much longer. More or less, it's the blinders coming off. People want freedom. That necessarily isn't specific to a type of government, so places in the world that may think they're immune should wake up. It's quite possible to be under tyranny from a hundred leaders as it is from one. A bureaucracy can be just as reviled as an autocrat. All it takes is some misguided sense of superiority to happen (whether economic, by birth, or otherwise) amongst those with the power of authority to create the conditions ripe for oppression and infringement on the free will of others.

Of course there's some concessions to be made in order to pursue a greater freedom. Once educated you also realize that some things are limited given the nature of the planet we live on. With that in mind, there's still enough for everyone to live comfortably (your own place to dwell with privacy and sufficient electricity and heating, your own computer, maybe a car, and enough food to eat without feeling hungry), and to have all that without need for stepping on each other. To make this possible, some things may need to be toned down or done in a more fair manner. If people can agree on the long-term approach, this means burning bright and fast may not be the best way to go. Which means to stop over-indulging yourself like a fool in ways that a negative consequences. (That can be anything from excessive drug use, getting too busy in your sex life and having way more than two kids, having some ridiculously huge building or piece of land only to be kept empty, wanton littering or pollution, wasting perfectly good food, overuse or stripping of land and resources with no consideration for the preservation of nature, to excessively pushing your own particular view on how private affairs in life should be handled.)

It's interesting to see this awakening of sorts, particularly in places where much oppression or corruption has been happening. The thing to ponder is whether or not it snowballs to places where the existing state of affairs has been typically less heavy handed. And whether or not the outcome will be for the better or some bastardized manipulation into something worse than before.

Right now I'm watching the show and enjoying the popcorn, but keeping in mind the next act may want some "audience participation". You never know.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReRun
I can't help but feel that all of these revolts are being orchestrated by those behind the scenes who pull the puppet strings worldwide .

I get the sneaky suspicion that the actual directors of these current events are steering all of this in accordance with a predetermined agenda .

My question is , why NOW ?

You cant possibly be serious. So I guess random starving dirt-poor North Koreans are in on all this NWO stuff, according to you, right? Nothings being orchestrated here, all these protests/riots are by the people, not some rich evil dude that wants to control the world.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
North Korea is a sad place. The sadness is illustrated throughout the enviornment. These people deserve basic rights, especially freedom to openly express oneself. People are waking up and its about time. We are going through some weird times. I feel something big coming on, anyone else feel the same?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

That's right america wont let this happen on their land they will bomb something to take your minds off of a revolt to trick us into goin to war with another country...dont fall for it again remember 9/11?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Lol, trust me, the US won't defend the Communists of North Korea. Even China considered abandoning the North due to liability issues.

I think the whole world (except for Iran) is ready to see Kim be thrown out on his ass.

Sure, you MIGHT be right.

But behind every despot, it seems to be, a larger, more powerful country that finds them useful.

Little Kim's threatening of Japan, for instance, was extremely convenient to KEEP US basis in the country.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This public chaos is spreading like wildfire - wonder how like till it reaches 'western' society.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The people have started to realize that they don't need a Government in order to run things effectively.

In Libya's second biggest city, they have formed security committees, are recruiting a military, and are reaching out to academics to figure out how to run the city they've recently taken over.

MSM is reporting that all the normal city functions are functioning as they normally do.

Who needs centralized Government?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by pshea38

That's right america wont let this happen on their land they will bomb something to take your minds off of a revolt to trick us into goin to war with another country...dont fall for it again remember 9/11?

It's already starting to happen in the USA. Look at what's happening with Wisconsin, Indiana, and Ohio now that Governments are starting to cut back people's entitlement programs or make them pay more for what they have to avoid extra layoffs.

It won't be long before this spreads, especially if the US Federal Government tries to make changes to Social Security and Medicare, or raise taxes to pay for it all.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
all i can say For N Korea's People

1984 Apple's Macintosh Commercial

The Uprising the Wake Up! !

Their colors ( North Koreans ) are turning bright and they are carrying the Hammer their Protest
edit on 24-2-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Typical war tactic when facing a strong enemy... You destabilize him, create a chaotic situation where he's overwhelmed by internal conflicts.... then you strike him. North Korea is a very tough country to fight against (the entire UN couldn't succeed to defeat them in the '50s), and has even stronger allies, so to twist things this way makes it possible for NATO to eventually invade the country in the name of democracy and peace.

The whole "serial revolutions" thing happening these days sounds more and more like the first steps in an all-out World War. Beware. The outcome might be even surprising... in a very bad way.
edit on 24/2/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/2/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

although i think all these revolutions are brilliant, and if NK is truly uprising, that is the best news of all so far.

but i have to agree with what this guy says, one of the foremost tactics in war is to destabilise your enemy internally, be in internal disputes or to cut off supplies.

and this ''north korean'' uprising strengthens my suspicions, as how would they know? old Jimmy tries his best to keep them unknowledgable about ANYTHING in the outside world, i am sure the greatest threat to him would be if people found out how weak other dictators are.

i agree that the north african revolts could be natural, spurred on by each other and fought for good reasons, but it all seems too convenient....

unless i'm totally wrong and this is purely natural and the world is truly wakening up

i did afterall, call 2011 as being the year of the riots.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I can't help but feel that all of these revolts are being orchestrated by those behind the scenes who pull the puppet strings worldwide .

I get the sneaky suspicion that the actual directors of these current events are steering all of this in accordance with a predetermined agenda .

It's either this or world war.

Take your pick.

If the covert war fails to bring about change in enemy nations, war is the only option... Especially in the ME.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz
all i can say For N Korea's People

1984 Apple's Macintosh Commercial

The Uprising the Wake Up! !

Their colors ( North Koreans ) are turning bright and they are carrying the Hammer their Protest
edit on 24-2-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)
<

Ha... how funny that Apple became just as Big Brotherish than in that famous commercial. With closed source software policies, collaborating with DHS and supporting citizen spying programs in the iPhone. A bad joke, really.

Such a shame... their creations were so great back in the days, before 2001 and Al Gore corrupted its B.O.D.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

It's either this or world war.

Take your pick.

If the covert war fails to bring about change in enemy nations, war is the only option... Especially in the ME.

That's the idea... it's both. They seem to be trying a "soft war" to avoid the many problems they'd had if they'd do it more conventionally, George Bush way. When it begins to fail, they'll be in a better position to wage open war. But that, if NATO's really behind that game...

For it could be also Russia, or China... or both! Only time (and research) will tell i guess.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
To truthfully say, I think that the protesters in North Korea have no chance. They only have sticks and stones, while North Korea has the 4th largest army in the world and is strongly a military country. They obey all orders in a whim or they will be shot IMMEDIATELY. As much as I hope for a successful event in North Korea, there is little that can be done. Civilians probably do not possess a single sharp edge let alone a gun. Sure they have farming tools but how effective is that against the 4th largest army in the world?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamount
This public chaos is spreading like wildfire - wonder how like till it reaches 'western' society.

I think the protests in Wisconsin are part of the same "uprising."

So far, it looks entirely healthy and most of these regimes are corrupt and abusing the people.

>> So I wouldn't worry too much about "Muslim extremists" -- that's kind of the "none of the above" option for people tired of their governments and sick of Western influences (or even Chinese). The Extremism would die down, if external forces (like the US military) would quit backing the corrupt regimes.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

NATO isn't involved in this one, US, UK, and Israeli agencies only. Working with operatives in these nations, of course.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

NATO isn't involved in this one, US, UK, and Israeli agencies only. Working with operatives in these nations, of course.

Like a glass is not half empty, but half filled!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Amazing...I'd be so completely in awe of people protesting there cuz that's a seriously scary place. The human spirit is stronger than they thought, stronger than their threats of death and destruction. Good for them and I wish them the best of luck because they will need it to stand up to that government. Wouldn't it be a miracle if they could reclaim themselves and be free?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Its FRIED RICE YOU PLICK!

2nd

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join