It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests spread to NORTH KOREA!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Russia is next! or maybe Zimbabwe?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Kim Jong , is he in a coma yet?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I think some of you are substituting what you would like to be happening with what is really happening.

The people of NK are completely cut off from the world we live in. They are contained in an information vacuum.

To try and connect the dot's between what is happening in the Middle East is as wrong minded as trying to connect it with what is happening in the Western World.

In NK the driving force is starvation and a need for basics like lights and heat to survive. In the Western Industrialized World, the motivation is the lack of money by a populace that is spoiled and used to getting what they want, who can not understand that the money is gone and so are the candy bowls full of free government handouts. In the Middle East they are fighting for basic Human Rights.

Add to that the forces in the Middle East have every reason to support the Great Leader and no reason to support the suffering people of NK. Great Leader supplies them with the weapons they need and asks no questions. There are no social ties of any sort between the Middle East and NK beyond the desire to obtain weapons.

The way this thread reads is like people have invented how they want this to go to justify their own theories and feelings. Reasoning has been thrown out the window in favor of defining the evidence to fit the desired outcome.

The highly paid Teachers who have ample resources and are protesting to protect their cash cows may pretend to have an affinity with those in the Middle East fighting for basic human rights, but that is so disingenuous as to be troubling.

The Students in the UK rioting for more free candy from the government candy bowl may pretend there is a connection, but it's absurd to think so.

The Anarchists who lay claim to any old cause lying around and have done so all throughout history, are just doing as they always do; using anything remotely relevant to justify their insanity and desire to cause mayhem. Bringing attention to themselves is their true goal and no doubt they will attempt to lay claim to things totally unrelated to them.

The Greeks rioting for more candy from an empty candy bowl, well they just want more candy.

Those in the Middle East are protesting for something real and necessary, which is the right to live a life like we have in the West so they can raise children in freedom to complain they don't get enough candy these days. They want nothing more than what we already have. Many of them would die to give their children what our poorest have already.

In NK, cut off from the world around them, in a near barren wasteland of despair and under the iron fist of a brutal Dictatorship; they just want some food, clothes, lights and heat to survive. Most outside of the elite, don't even know a life like we live exists.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Hmmmmmm

At first i thought that people were genuinely standing up for their rights but now i'm seeing that it might only benefit the governments of these nations and no doubt the U.S..

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

Humans are "born good"? Really?? Although I agree with your assessment of the majority of people being willing to work towards the common good, I wholeheartedly disagree that we are born good.

Has a child ever had to be taught how to lie? No. If a child, even as young as 2, is told not to do X, and then does X, they will say they didn't if they are aware of the punishment. Irrational self-preservation = bad behavior.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

edit on 2/24/2011 by ConspiricusTheoricus because: (no reason given)

Does anyone think this could actually spread to america?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by obilesk
Humans are "born good"? Really?? Although I agree with your assessment of the majority of people being willing to work towards the common good, I wholeheartedly disagree that we are born good.

Has a child ever had to be taught how to lie? No. If a child, even as young as 2, is told not to do X, and then does X, they will say they didn't if they are aware of the punishment. Irrational self-preservation = bad behavior.

Really my friend? Is that the best you can do? A child will lie to escape PUNISHMENT, and that proves we are born bad?

Hello, how about stop making punishments and treat a child with LOVE. Then you will not shame the truth and the child will grow up fine.

Yes, we are born good. What makes us deviate from good behavior is this draconian idea of punishment.

No one and I mean NO ONE has a right to punish another living soul.

Start treating everyone like the manifestations of the divine that they are from cradle to grave, and you will see the potential of Man unleashed like no other time in history.

Punishment

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ReRun

I was thinking the same thing. Could it be that TPTB have accellerated the timing of their plans for one reason or another? Maybe like to many people are waking up to what;s going on?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I believe some agency is starting all this unrest. These hot pockets of righteous anger suddenly flaring puzzle me. Why now? Did the Chinese New Year inflame everyone to try for change?

My beloved grandmother always said that when an abundance of boy babies occur, 18 to 20 years later is a big war. Whether testosterone or "culling the herd", there is more to this than just "yay! freedom!"

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
My main concern is if the US or Chinese rush in to support the North Korean regime -- likely through a third party.

Believe me, the NeoCons and the Military Industrial Complex don't want to have all these "Evil Empires" suddenly disappear.

Ronald Reagan's administration, is often credited as somehow making USSR fail by spending so much on the military (mostly wasted). To me, they spent a lot on the military to SPEND A LOT on the military -- and if the wind were blowing the other direction, that would ALSO be taken as proof of their genius.

What most don't realize, is that there were huge money transfers to the Soviet Union from the USA before it's collapse -- but that money probably ended up going into the pockets of Party insiders and the USSR collapsed anyway. It's corruption and dead wait had too much inertia to continue.

>> The same may be happening around the world; Bush and the NeoCons attempts to make the 21st Century their own, while at the same time, trying to destroy the middle class -- has made the US Empire collapse. What we are seeing is a FAILURE of US and CIA (MI-6/Mossad) influence and this is happening DESPITE the War on Terror -- which was a scam to begin with.

It's great that for the most part -- the revolution has been non-violent (but can it happen in North Korea and Libya that way?) -- because I suspect MOST of these anti-US terror networks, are working for the establishment that they pretend to oppose. As always, the Jackals corrupt a few leaders, a few Evangelicals, a few Union bosses, and a few Presidente's -- and they corrupt a few leaders of their opposition and play each end against the middle.

>> If you don't GET THAT THIS IS HOW IT WORKS -- the world will not make sense. When you do; it's pretty obvious why Sunny and Shia are always fighting. Why Liberal and Conservative are always fighting. Why it's always wedge issues and fighting amongst the poor while the Rich pick our pockets.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiricusTheoricus
reply to post by Viking9019

Does anyone think this could actually spread to america?

If you think it won't happen in America you might consider every state, county,
and town in America is broke and living on Credit. Even here in conservative
Idaho they are fighting over which part of the budget has to be cut becuase they
just can't afford all the benefits they hand out. California has it's Capital
buildings up for sale they are so broke. Every state in the US is playing out
similar scenarios. Oil is $100 a barrel,and stocks are down, Gold hit $1400
etc.. The Monetary system is melting down it is only a matter of time.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I think some of you are substituting what you would like to be happening with what is really happening.

The people of NK are completely cut off from the world we live in. They are contained in an information vacuum.

To try and connect the dot's between what is happening in the Middle East is as wrong minded as trying to connect it with what is happening in the Western World.

In NK the driving force is starvation and a need for basics like lights and heat to survive. In the Western Industrialized World, the motivation is the lack of money by a populace that is spoiled and used to getting what they want, who can not understand that the money is gone and so are the candy bowls full of free government handouts. In the Middle East they are fighting for basic Human Rights.

Add to that the forces in the Middle East have every reason to support the Great Leader and no reason to support the suffering people of NK. Great Leader supplies them with the weapons they need and asks no questions. There are no social ties of any sort between the Middle East and NK beyond the desire to obtain weapons.

The way this thread reads is like people have invented how they want this to go to justify their own theories and feelings. Reasoning has been thrown out the window in favor of defining the evidence to fit the desired outcome.

The highly paid Teachers who have ample resources and are protesting to protect their cash cows may pretend to have an affinity with those in the Middle East fighting for basic human rights, but that is so disingenuous as to be troubling.

The Students in the UK rioting for more free candy from the government candy bowl may pretend there is a connection, but it's absurd to think so.

The Anarchists who lay claim to any old cause lying around and have done so all throughout history, are just doing as they always do; using anything remotely relevant to justify their insanity and desire to cause mayhem. Bringing attention to themselves is their true goal and no doubt they will attempt to lay claim to things totally unrelated to them.

The Greeks rioting for more candy from an empty candy bowl, well they just want more candy.

Those in the Middle East are protesting for something real and necessary, which is the right to live a life like we have in the West so they can raise children in freedom to complain they don't get enough candy these days. They want nothing more than what we already have. Many of them would die to give their children what our poorest have already.

In NK, cut off from the world around them, in a near barren wasteland of despair and under the iron fist of a brutal Dictatorship; they just want some food, clothes, lights and heat to survive. Most outside of the elite, don't even know a life like we live exists.

That has got to be a very, very offensive post to the poor citizens of North Korea... you really don't give the people there any respect, do you?

There's a good few who are FULLY aware of the world outside of them. There ARE dissent groups, groups pushing for civil rights and freedom. Have you taken ANY of the time to read through about North Korea? About how they have 'stealth' USBs that they use not only to smuggle pictures and info outside of North Korea, to bring in news, but most importantly for the North Korean PEOPLE and CITIZENS, they bring in stuff like South Korean TV dramas and entertainment.

That's what they want most, equality as human beings. A lot of them realize that things aren't right, that they're being mistreated, that starving in the streets while an arrogant leader pushes on about how perfect your world is... it's human nature, and you had better bet that the top brass in NK are fighting tooth and nail to stop any info about the Middle East being leaked because if any of the majority slowly starts learning about these world wide changes - that there would be an irreversible change in the demeanor of their people.

But no, we'll go in with your ignorant world where the North Korea live in disdain and pain in their little quarantine with no hope of a better life, not seeking any civil rights, justice or fairness. Just gonna starve to death in the streets, with no motivation to see the world outside of the walls surrounding your country. That's every North Korean citizen to you, as I sense it.

I've seen a lot of your posts recently... you're nothing but negative and anti movement from what I've seen. You like to believe that the way things are, are exactly how they seem. IT's FAR from the truth. The people in the Middle East were fighting and uniting for a LOT, A LOT of different reasons. Egypt, Libya, Bahrain, Iran ALL acting and cooperating DRASTICALLY different. This is a world wide change that is being felt everywhere.

How about this, go over to Wisconsin, and stand in front of all the protesters. Tell them all they are fighting for is candy from a candy bowl, I'm sure they'll appreciate the support as they've been getting WORLD WIDE. Maybe you'll get a sock to the face and a reality check as a progressive human being.

How about you become a teacher, go to school for 4 or 5 years with a burning PASSION to educate young souls, and to be a harbor of positive energy and growth. Then once you're done with all that, your passion and skill is thrown out the window, because the financial 'boss' comes down and says they will no longer pay you enough to provide for your family. See how it feels, then post back that we in America are whiny babies that need to go back to living in a pre-digital world of chickens and farms, right?
edit on 24-2-2011 by shagula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Whats worrying is that NK could trigger a war with SK in an attempt to divert the situation and keep the people occupied.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Seriously, the BIGGEST SURPRISE this year for me, has been the Union protests in Wisconsin -- second; the uprising in Egypt.

If an actual WORKERS RIGHTS or PRO DEMOCRACY movement can happen in America -- then it can happen ANYWHERE.

WE ceased being a Democracy in 2000 when Bush was appointed President by the Supreme Court, and since Electronic Voting machines by private Corporations were allowed to be part of the process. Until these third-party, black box, unverified devices are thrown in a trash heap and we get some follow up on the massive corruption in the Election Boards around this nation -- we ARE NOT REALLY A DEMOCRACY ANYMORE.

We can wonder if we ever were anything but a marginal Democracy because of how Candidates get selected by the Media and Corporate funding -- monopoly control of the media has allowed all the other dominos to fall.

>> It could NOT happen any later, in my mind. Our ability to get out the truth on any topic, has been compromised more and more, and the scrutiny and "War on Terror" that allows the Constitution to by side-stepped and people to be spied on, is creating an iron fist with which to control this population by discrediting or destroying anyone who might challenge the system.

>> For Instance; Hoover's FBI had agents following Martin Luther King and listening into all his phone calls. If he weren't conveniently assassinated, they'd probably be using a lot of that dirt to trash him. But of course, the press was not a monoculture and controlled by 5 large, interlocking holding companies back then.

>> I'm super happy to hear about North Korea. But I cannot wait until we overthrow our Kleoptocracy in this country, get out of wars for profits, get an energy policy, and get back to leading the world in Education, Human Rights, and how we treat people on the lowest Rungs of society.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Out of all the articles i read, i have to say I am SHOCKED by this. It just goes to show even the most brainwashed people in the world can take to the streets to protest their leaders and act defiantly. There may be hope for the US after all...

But these revolts/uprisings/protests are really becoming a trend. China is right next door, i wonder how long until it spreads to there, and possibly even Russia & the US?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by ReRun

Here's a notion.

There are no puppetmasters. You are looking at a completely organic snowball event.

Tunisia protested, and - no doubt to the surprise of the Tunisians, it worked. Inspired by this, people in other autocratic regimes in the Maghreb and middle east have started their own movements... With even more surprise victories. Egypt's revolution is succeeding. Gaddhafi is falling like a brick. Bahrain is set to go to the people whether the US likes it or not.

These successes are witnessed by people in Ghana, and people in Cote d'Ivorie, people in China and North Korea. They see these uprisings working, autocrats falling, and they tell themselves, "We can do that, too." So they do.

As more successes mount, more movements will rise around the world. It will spread like an epidemic - which, to those seated on the thrones, it certainly is.

The situation is nearing critical mass; All it will take is another people's victory, and it'll start sweeping. Incidentally, an act of repression will also spur it further at this point.

I used to laugh at the people who posted on here about a "new global awareness." I still chuckle at the new-agey stuff, but this... certainly looks like a globe-changer to me.

The more I watch world events, the more I see that the world leaders have less and less control. They are indeed trying to manipulate things and are doing so to a certain extent.

For example, the big financial crisis? It is very easy to solve. Get rid of interest rates. I was reading in my Bible the book of Nehemiah a couple of weeks ago and the same thing was happening to the repatriated Jews. They were in the exact same problem and Nehemiah had the answer, please read the account:

(Nehemiah 5:1-11) . . .However, there came to be a great outcry of the people and their wives against their Jewish brothers. 2 And there were those who were saying: “Our sons and our daughters we are giving as security that we may get grain and eat and keep alive.” 3 And there were those who were saying: “Our fields and our vineyards and our houses we are giving as security that we may get grain during the food shortage.” 4 And there were those who were saying: “We have borrowed money for the king’s tribute on our fields and our vineyards. 5 And now our flesh is the same as the flesh of our brothers; our sons are the same as their sons, but here we are reducing our sons and our daughters to slaves, and there are some of our daughters already reduced; and there is no power in our hands while our fields and our vineyards belong to others.” 6 Now I became very angry as soon as I heard their outcry and these words. 7 So my heart took consideration within me, and I began finding fault with the nobles and the deputy rulers, and went on to say to them: “Usury is what YOU are exacting, each one from his own brother.” Further, I arranged a great assembly on their account. 8 And I proceeded to say to them: “We ourselves have bought back our own Jewish brothers who were sold to the nations, as far as it was in our power; and at the same time will YOU yourselves sell YOUR own brothers, and must they be sold to us?” At this they became speechless, and they did not find a word. 9 And I went on to say: “The thing that YOU are doing is not good. Is it not in the fear of our God that YOU should walk because of the reproach of the nations, our enemies? 10 And also I, my brothers and my attendants are giving money and grain on loan among them. Let us, please, leave off this lending on interest. 11 Please, restore to them on this day their fields, their vineyards, their olive groves and their houses, and the hundredth of the money and the grain, the new wine and the oil that YOU are exacting as interest from them.”

Please read the account. They were in the exact same boat as many nations are in right now. The poor can't get anywhere because the banks charge them MORE interest than the rich. It makes no sense. If they simply stopped charging interest on things that were necessary the whole economic system would be corrected. Well, at least that was true a few years ago, perhaps it has already passed the point of no return. But one thing is for certain. They will not stop charging interest.

The national debt of the United States cannot even contain itself. I was reading a report that said if all of the wages of the United States were taxed 100%, they are approaching a point that that won't even pay off the interest on the national debt.

This is insanity. Stop charing interest on the poor, let them live, borrow money for what they need, and let them pay it back without interest. Including other counties that need it.

The people are too greedy to stop it though. The rich do indeed manipulate the system to oppressive people who are poor. But they are hardly in control. They are helpless to what is now going on. God is in control. The things will now only manuever the way he allows them. The system of things should have already torn apart but the angels are withholding the worldwide meltdown. They were charged:

(Revelation 7:1-3) After this I saw four angels standing upon the four corners of the earth, holding tight the four winds of the earth, that no wind might blow upon the earth or upon the sea or upon any tree. 2 And I saw another angel ascending from the sunrising, having a seal of [the] living God; and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea, 3 saying: “Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees, until after we have sealed the slaves of our God in their foreheads.”

Yes, powerful spiritual forces are withholding the tearing apart of the fabric of society. No one needs to worry that it will happen before it is time. But that time is quickly approaching. When the last of God's anointed on earth have been sealed (the last of the 144,000 who are chosen to rule in heaven as kings) you WILL KNOW, for the four winds will be let loose.

And then we will be at the end. That time is quickly approaching:
What The Near Future Holds

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
"Protests spread to NORTH KOREA!!"?

Strange that this hasn't been reported on TV by the MSM. Shocking. Positively shocking.
At least I haven't seen it on the TV. I wonder why they're burying this?
edit on 2/24/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
Out of all the articles i read, i have to say I am SHOCKED by this. It just goes to show even the most brainwashed people in the world can take to the streets to protest their leaders and act defiantly. There may be hope for the US after all...

But these revolts/uprisings/protests are really becoming a trend. China is right next door, i wonder how long until it spreads to there, and possibly even Russia & the US?

Unfortunately we're the most brainwashed of all methinks.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This has been the best news I've heard in a while. The North Korean people need to RISE up and throw their corrupt dictator out of power and send him to the gallows.

Star and Flag

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Lol, trust me, the US won't defend the Communists of North Korea. Even China considered abandoning the North due to liability issues.

I think the whole world (except for Iran) is ready to see Kim be thrown out on his ass.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join