It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests spread to NORTH KOREA!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I swear this is like a domino effect. I don't know about you but I this is a little scary to me b/c every ruler is not going to be like Egypt and allow peaceful protesters. It feels like allies are being formed behind closed doors and lines are being drawn in the sand. I hope this is not the beginning of WW3.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Good for the people, hopefully they fight back against their government and somewhere down the line become one country again. Hopefully all of these uprisings turn out to be for the good of this planet, maybe this is the first step. Get rid of the ones who rule with an iron fist. That way we could then transfer into a more peaceful world someday.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I smell a rat. The other protests were driven by massive collaboration of independant peoples over the internet. What's driving this sudden change (if it really is one) in NK?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This is more great news from the freedom front. I am still wondering why everyone keeps hoping a unified country comes out of this though. This isn't about a unified country. Egypt, Tunisia, Greece, Libya, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, South Korea, soon China, Russia, and the rest of the Nations of the world will all have their revolutions.

This is not about Nations. The age of Nations are over. This is their demise. This is the Rise of the Brotherhood of Man.

Why do we cling so tightly to our Nations, the tyrants who have oppressed us for ages? Nations no longer matter.

They are dead things.

It is time for Man to live.

Love one another.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 23-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ReRun

Here's a notion.

There are no puppetmasters. You are looking at a completely organic snowball event.

Tunisia protested, and - no doubt to the surprise of the Tunisians, it worked. Inspired by this, people in other autocratic regimes in the Maghreb and middle east have started their own movements... With even more surprise victories. Egypt's revolution is succeeding. Gaddhafi is falling like a brick. Bahrain is set to go to the people whether the US likes it or not.

These successes are witnessed by people in Ghana, and people in Cote d'Ivorie, people in China and North Korea. They see these uprisings working, autocrats falling, and they tell themselves, "We can do that, too." So they do.

As more successes mount, more movements will rise around the world. It will spread like an epidemic - which, to those seated on the thrones, it certainly is.

The situation is nearing critical mass; All it will take is another people's victory, and it'll start sweeping. Incidentally, an act of repression will also spur it further at this point.

I used to laugh at the people who posted on here about a "new global awareness." I still chuckle at the new-agey stuff, but this... certainly looks like a globe-changer to me.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Japan might be next, i hear its pretty bad down there.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Yea booooyyyyy! Hope this is true. Technology has exposed the BS we re fed on a daily basis so that a few may live to have the satisfaction that their material objects are more blingy than the next.
Sorry! Your individual god or any other moral giude to life tells you greed is wrong dumb donkeys! If you're gonna rule a country, you better have your heart in the right place and be ready to have fun actually being philanthropic. But, no one cn do that so like the poster above said, government as we know it is becoming obsolete. Awesome!

power to the people.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Salamandy because: i wanted to type power to the people in there

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
This is more great news from the freedom front. I am still wondering why everyone keeps hoping a unified country comes out of this though. This isn't about a unified country. Egypt, Tunisia, Greece, Libya, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, South Korea, soon China, Russia, and the rest of the Nations of the world will all have their revolutions.

This is not about Nations. The age of Nations are over. This is their demise. This is the Rise of the Brotherhood of Man.

Why do we cling so tightly to our Nations, the tyrants who have oppressed us for ages? Nations no longer matter.

They are dead things.

It is time for Man to live.

Love one another.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 23-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

Everyone knows the idea of borders are, in reality at any given moment, as childish as drawing lines in the sand to dare a classmate to cross "your space". Fighting is unnecessary, humans are inherently good. Why else would we justify procreation. Technology defuses the lies the we are bombarded with to justify wars and death. God bless the information age.
Never thought of that before but nations are dying, or dead, youre right!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by ReRun

Here's a notion.

There are no puppetmasters. You are looking at a completely organic snowball event.

These successes are witnessed by people in Ghana, and people in Cote d'Ivorie, people in China and North Korea. They see these uprisings working, autocrats falling, and they tell themselves, "We can do that, too." So they do.

I would love to believe it, but how would the people in NK be getting news like this? It just smells off to me.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
This is fascinating, and I couldn't be happier to see the men and women of N Korea are not only able to see beyond their leader and their borders, but are now willing to stand up and fight. Those tanks however make me nervous, and if they're used to fire on a crowd of protesters, I wonder what the international response would be.

In another part of the world, we apparently have a CIA operative who has been caught arming the Taliban with something. Maybe a bomb, who knows. But I would love to see some CIA operatives, and operatives from other intelligence agencies do some good, and sneak in there and help arm the people of N Korea. We've armed various elements before, and started wars and uprisings behind the scenes before, wouldn't it be great if some operatives snuck in there and armed some of the citizens to help overthrow the N Korean government.
edit on 24-2-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I hope this is not just wishful thinking. I can see where revolutionary fever would sweep through Arabic countries as lines of communication must be very entrenched among those populations but how exactly would N.Koreans be tuning into this? How would they expect to sustain this? Unless the military get involved on the behalf of the civilians, it would be a slaughter.

Let's just hope they have good underground lines for supplies/communications with sympathetic South Koreans.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Guys, havent you thought that this may be plan of TPTB to put NWO in charge? People are uprising all over the world and they want new government, well, and since the countries after protests and success will be left without government, NWO can put their puppets/leaders in charge.
Uprising in North Korea, few people started protesting.... then many joined. Couldnt these few people be the agents?
Just thinking. Sorry for my english, I tried to explain as best I could.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

I agree the same thing happened in china but it backed fire and failed and lets be hoesnt a country with a billion people wont rise up, afterall they have money ,sure the system doesn't work but still they are happy, are they not?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Well, since its happening all over the world, I believe they will. Question is not if, but when. I guess they had not enough people for protests. Maybe people that were in China were not agents, yet
. I am pretty sure PTB has a very good detailed plan, and they change it frequently based on every new current event. They are the ones that know something WE DONT. And they are the ones that rule the world NOT US.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Farnhold because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I think it a bit too soon for anything like a revolution of the people to succeed in NK.
It will get a lot of protesters killed and fill KJILs prisonsystem with more labour thats all.
The misery this will cause them is not worth the gesture.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
the real litmus test to see if this is going to be the year of revolutions is if a first world country revolts.

so far its big events but not truly world changing.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The people of the earth are gaining momentum. Spirits will soar, and so will prices.

In the meantime,,,,,some sonic platitude. I'm still waiting.

Pertinent Link...max bass volume required : www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

I can see it kicking off in the UK shortly.

Everyone I speak too has had enough as far as I hear people speaking in general with fuel rising almost daily, food rising almost daily, no job opportunities, drastic spending cuts across the board, banks are not lending, tax increases, utilities increasing, education costs rising and poverty levels rising its only a matter of time before everyone is suffering. When that happens...

Maybe that was a bit over the top but that aside I still think its only a matter of time before people have nothing left to give but action.

The only real problem in this all is that angry people can be manipulated and I would like to hope that people are better than that as all thats needed is non compliance.
edit on 24-2-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I don't see it kicking of in the uk this year, unless somthing major happens.

Though if it it did, it would rock the world.

were not exactly known for our political instability and I don't think we'd be quite so friendly to the american government afterwards.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
reply to post by XXXN3O

I don't see it kicking of in the uk this year, unless somthing major happens.

Though if it it did, it would rock the world.

were not exactly known for our political instability and I don't think we'd be quite so friendly to the american government afterwards.

Im not sure about this year but I can see major food problems shortly with the cost of fuel increasing.

Im expecting to see a fuel shortage within the next week or two as well that could be the start of a mini skirmish if you like.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join