It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests spread to NORTH KOREA!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
N.Korean Protesters Demand Food and Electricity

Small pockets of unrest are appearing in North Korea as the repressive regime staggers under international sanctions and the fallout from a botched currency reform, sources say. On Feb. 14, two days before leader Kim Jong-il's birthday, scores of people in Jongju, Yongchon and Sonchon in North Pyongan Province caused a commotion, shouting, "Give us fire [electricity] and rice! "

A North Korean source said people fashioned makeshift megaphones out of newspapers and shouted, "We can't live! Give us fire! Give us rice!" "At first, there were only one or two people, but as time went by more and more came out of their houses and joined in the shouting," the source added.

"When such an incident took place in the past, people used to report their neighbors to the security forces, but now they're covering for each other," the source said.

N.Korean Forces Crack Down on Protesters in Border Town

Hundreds of people clashed with security forces in the North Korean town of Sinuiju on the border with China on Friday, a source in the Stalinist country said Wednesday.

The military was deployed to quell the demonstration, leaving some protesters wounded.

The source said police officers cracking down on traders in a market in Sinuiju after the public holidays marking leader Kim Jong-il's birthday beat one of them unconscious. The victim's family protested and many other traders went along to support them.

When it looked as though other people might join the traders, security agents and military troops moved in. Rumor has it that four or five people were killed in the resulting clashes, but no details of civilian casualties are known.

LET'S GO OUR NORTH KOREAN BROTHERS AND FREEDOM FIGHTERS!!

We support you against the tyrant!

Maybe a little MOAB on Pyongyang might help things... taking out Kim Jong Il and his son...

More info :

You might think... how do people in North Korea get their info/get it out?
How N.Koreans Communicate with the Outside World

The outside world is learning about the latest news from North Korea with unprecedented speed these days. Information that used to be impossible to obtain, about such things as living conditions or protests, is becoming available through photos and video clips, while South Korean pop music and TV dramas are spreading quickly throughout North Korea.

The most common conduit is North Korean traders who frequently travel to China. They store the pictures and videos on USB memory sticks and bring them out with them. "In February last year we developed 'stealth' USBs and distributed hundreds of them in the North," said Kim Heung-kwang of defector group North Korea Intellectuals Solidarity.

And you might think... isn't the NKorean regime ready for protests?
Tanks 'Ready to Be Used Against Uprising in Pyongyang'

The North Korean Army's Guard Command, a military unit tasked with protecting leader Kim Jong-il, is hiding scores of tanks in Pyongyang to quell any popular uprising, Radio Free Asia claimed Tuesday.

edit on 23-2-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I cannot help but believe the uprising will begin quite soon in PRC. If it has reached North Korea then we are talking about a global uprising, no joke, because before now it was confined to a regional uprising across Northern Africa, ME, and the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Let us all join together and tear down the tyrants! Let no oppressor escape this great awakening!

edit on 2/23/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
North Korea is such a nightmare country that I completely support people blowing up government buildings using all materials at their disposal...really, I hope North Koreans start throwing pipe bombs through government windows e.c.t.

That said, they have to eat...so they should start planting food everywhere and defending it with deadly force.
edit on 23-2-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This is the most exciting news I've heard in awhile, the conditions in NKorea are so horrific... terrible.... imhumane, its outrageous.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I wonder what will happen with this now?I also wonder just how secure their atomic bombs are?Anybody think we should worry especially for our ally South Korea?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The North Koreans are brainwashed to worship Kim Jong Il... guess what, brainwashing goes only a distance. When you're starving to death, not everyone is gonna starve to death for their ``leader``...

Also, from what I've read, people still love Kim Jong Il, but they HATE his son... So me thinks, as soon as Kim Jong Il dies... it's over for the regime.

And that is when we'll see how REALLY China fells about North Korea, South Korea and the west.

And don't be afraid of North Korean nukes. They are NOT operational. They are more a scare tactic than anything else.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
If the military manages to wake up and support the people, then it'd be a good change and MAYBE it could be the beginning of a unified Korea, something China probably would hate.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

The PRC is already having protester issues. They have clamped down on the reporting of it. I think they referred to it as the jasmine revolution.

PRC - Jasmine Revolution

The onlything missing from the article is Admiral Ackhbar yelling its a trap...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
What??? No....

Look, everyone in N Korea is Happy. They all Love their Government. Even in bad times.
Dear Leader gets 100% of the vote each time, it's clearly obvious everyone LOVES him till they die.

You guys are totally full of it. Stop making up lies about the only real Paradise Utopia on Earth.
This is just Western propaganda, as usual.
No one hates Dear Leader!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
well of all places to have an uprising... NK needs it badly!

Good for the NK people!

If it reached North Korea, then maybe it will reach china.... and further!

Year of the revolts!

+29 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I can't help but feel that all of these revolts are being orchestrated by those behind the scenes who pull the puppet strings worldwide .

I get the sneaky suspicion that the actual directors of these current events are steering all of this in accordance with a predetermined agenda .

My question is , why NOW ?

link   
double dip
edit on 23-2-2011 by ReRun because: (no reason given)

link   
yes i wish i could go there right now and give one of em a gun poor guy probably wouldent know how to use it

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
A NEW WORLD ORDER!!!!!!!!!!!

FALSE FLAG COMING SOON!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
wow....by far this is the most important protest going on today! I know the countries who's people are protesting are all run by dictators but NONE have the power that the leader of N.Korea has!

SnF

Peace & Respect,

AS

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

It's about time the N. Koreans took back their country! I hope they continue to protest and
more of the protesters increase in numbers. They need the military and police to back them.
I hope that there won't be blood shed but that is not very realistic. Good question about the
atomic weapons, but you know the US miltary is always watching the activity around them.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReRun
I can't help but feel that all of these revolts are being orchestrated by those behind the scenes who pull the puppet strings worldwide .
I get the sneaky suspicion that the actual directors of these current events are steering all of this in accordance with a predetermined agenda .
My question is , why NOW ?

What I don't get is...who's pushing the buttons? It doesn't serve the Americans or Israelis...I thought it might have been the Chinese as they have established a presence in Africa...but this North Korea thing throws that out the window.
Russia? Cui bono?

I just don't think it's organic.
edit on 23-2-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CoincidenceX

Yea it's truly sad to see how North Korea is poor. By the way nice reply and I really enjoyed the video. What stunned me the most was to see China and it's lighted bridge connected to Korea with only few lights

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This is welcome news. Hopefully the repressed citizens of NK can send that nut back to his tree. However, does NK not have a fairly substantial military force? I would think an uprising, even in its infancy, would be met with crushing force. There could be massive bloodshed in this situation far outnumbering what we have been witness to so far across the mid east.

brill
edit on 23-2-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I hope the people of North Korea oust that egomaniac silly little clown. Like many others, is this the domino effect or something else?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join