It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona immigration bills aim for bigger crackdown

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I will not getting a pissing contest with you about illegals.

I ask you one simple question and you see it as a pissing match. :shk:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by guohua

I'm not asking you to assume. It says requires proof of legal status for etc..... I take this to mean that everyone will have to prove their legal status.

If they ask one person but not the other, you have discrimination. Are you saying they are going to ask people to prove their legal status based on how they speak English.

jam321, And I had told you,, as politely as I can,,,, I don't care who they ask and I hope They Ask You.
Move to Arizona or Missouri, And then get back to us here about how you were treated. I know I'm treated Very Kindly and I don't Look Any Thing Like An American

But you're trying to get me in a pissing contest about illegals and I won't bite.
If you're really an illegal,,, then don't come here, stay away, we don't want you.

Again, I hope they ask you and only you.
It would be nice watching you puff out your chest and start to question the Officers Authority.

Now, jam321, If you can not contribute to the thread as to why we should not have such a law GREAT!
But This Being All About You,,,, It's Not!!! Unless of-course you're an illegal

edit on 23-2-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

jam321, If you can not contribute to the thread as to why we should not have such a law GREAT! But This Being All About You,,,, It's Not!!! Unless of-course you're an illega

I am contributing.. I am asking you about the law you presented. If you feel I am off topic, hit the alert button.

I ask you again, Won't this bill require Americans as well as illegals to prove their legal status?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Welcome to the new world ma'am. Glad you and your family are here

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Again, I have to believe you have a hard time with plain English as it is written.
If you or anyone is suspected of being in this Great Country Illegally, You'll or They''ll be asked to produce some form of proof ( identification ) that they are here legally.
I know I have it, it's called a drivers licenses our daughter does not drive, but she has her University I.D. and her 10 year Green card. But I must admit she has assimilated in to American Society so well, meaning her English is Very, Very Good, they never ask her to show I. D.

Now you're going to ask, what form of proof is good enough.
Read the bills.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This cannot be permitted.

Otherwise, Democrats will lose their constituency.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
This cannot be permitted.

Otherwise, Democrats will lose their constituency.

FarArcher, It would appear that the Democrats of Washington State are attracting illegal aliens because it is one of the few remaining sanctuary states in America. In Washington, an illegal alien can still get a driver’s license.

Last December, Washington became the first state to refuse to cooperate with the Secure Communities program which checks fingerprints of individuals charged with any crime against a federal immigration database.
Washington also has its own state version of the Dream Act: if illegal aliens meet certain requirements, they are eligible for in-state tuition at Washington’s state universities.
fromtheprovinces.wordpress.com...

I don't know anyone who lives in that state and I would not want to live there.
Illegals drive and don't care about Auto Insurance.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Lets continue to talk about illegals and their rights to drive vehicles in America, I think the Crack Down of not Issuing illegals drivers Licenses. Is A Good Start!

The State of New Mexico has appeared to try a move in the right direction, except, any drivers lic. or I. D. issued by the State is a form of Legality for the illegal, I Think!!

New Mexico bill would issue separate driver’s permits to illegal immigrants. I think a Permit issued by the State is showing some form of Legality for illegals and I don't believe it is right.

New Mexican lawmakers are moving to end the state's reputation as a "sanctuary state" for illegal immigrants. On Monday, Governor Susana Martinez issued an executive order to let police ask about the immigration status of people they arrest. On the same day, a lawmaker introduced one of two laws being considered to end the state's policy of giving out drivers licenses without asking for proof of legal residency.

New Mexico is one of only two states that requires no proof of legal residency (like a Social Security card or a visa) to obtain a driver's license. New Mexico Rep. Andy Nunez, a one-time Democrat who defected from the Party this month, introduced a bill earlier this month to reverse the 2003 law and require everyone to prove they're a legal resident.
news.yahoo.com...

I am wondering what does it take to Vote in that State
? They didn't ask for Proof of Legal Residency

So, the Democrats have the very large voting base in the State of New Mexico, Is That True?

www.bernco.gov...
How Do I Register?
You may register at any organized voter registration drive or with any Third Party Voter Registrant Agent.
You may register to vote when applying for a new or renewed driver’s license, when applying for certain public assistance or services, at public libraries, colleges and universities.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

If you have the proper identification required, you have nothing to worry about.

Strict laws are neccesary as this has gotten way out of hand and the feds have done nothing. Many States have had enough and are fighting back. It's about time. The American citizens have had enough!!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Arizona would just be better off mandating a tamper proof State ID card that shows proof of legal status and everybody has to show it to do anything in that state. Pretty much where you all are headed anyway and would be a whole lot cheaper than passing individual laws on every possible scenario.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Strict laws are neccesary as this has gotten way out of hand and the feds have done nothing. Many States have had enough and are fighting back. It's about time. The American citizens have had enough!!

Feds have done nothing...
Sure, whatever you say. We got more enforcement on that Southern Border than ever before. We could quadruple that and you will still say they aren't doing anything.

On top of that, companies are letting people go left and right because government is sending out letters that SSN don't match. A lot cheaper method than raids. Of course those same companies are now getting temporary workers(legals) to come in from other countries to replace those they let go. Yep, Americans still didn't get those jobs.

Amazing how Americans have had enough of illegals but still haven't had enough of a growing 14 Trillion dollar debt, 2 wars, wasteful spending, Congress feeding the fat cats on Wall Street, and a truckload of other issues we are facing.

Just shows how screwed up priorities are.

But by all means, keep passing them laws. They are meant for Americans in the first place.

But I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

BTW, on a side note...I agree with the Everify. I also think that since social security cards are required for a job, the least government ought to do is tamper proof them. Similar to what we have done to our currency. Furthermore, employers should be fined as stated in 1986 law. Increase the fines if need be.

IMO, preventing illegals from getting jobs is the solution to this problem. I don't believe in passing every little law and chasing them down at every corner. Take away the jobs and most will leave on their own and at their own expense. the incentive will no longer be there. This would be a lot cheaper than finding them, arresting them, taking care of them in jail, taking care of their court costs, etc. until they are finally deported only to have them return the next day because jobs are still available. Repeat cycle.

Of course, you will still have illegals in this country who just plain hard criminals and determined to do whatever they want. But if you get rid of the illegals who mainly came for a job, law enforcement will have the resources to tackle the criminal elements.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I believe my social security number was asked for and provided. Does that prove my legal status?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Arizona's bill to require proof of citizenship to vote was struck down by the courts. Why I do not know. Right now all you have to do to vote is SIGN your name on an affidavit that you are a US citizen. Arizona's law required you to PROVE it. I guess this means we will have to keep printing ballots in Spanish. Even though you are supposed to read and write English to become a citizen. I guess all those newly minted Democrat voters need the Spanish language ballots. If you walked across the border last night you can vote today should be the slogan at all Arizona polling places.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Thats it ! im not willing to carry all my documents when i travel tru AZ. I have no room for it.Ill skip it.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by guohua

I'm not asking you to assume. It says requires proof of legal status for etc..... I take this to mean that everyone will have to prove their legal status.

If they ask one person but not the other, you have discrimination. Are you saying they are going to ask people to prove their legal status based on how they speak English.

jam321, And I had told you,, as politely as I can,,,, I don't care who they ask and I hope They Ask You.
Move to Arizona or Missouri, And then get back to us here about how you were treated. I know I'm treated Very Kindly and I don't Look Any Thing Like An American

But you're trying to get me in a pissing contest about illegals and I won't bite.
If you're really an illegal,,, then don't come here, stay away, we don't want you.

Again, I hope they ask you and only you.
It would be nice watching you puff out your chest and start to question the Officers Authority.

Now, jam321, If you can not contribute to the thread as to why we should not have such a law GREAT!
But This Being All About You,,,, It's Not!!! Unless of-course you're an illegal

What exactly is an American supposed to look like? I've seen Americans in every size, shape, color and religion.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocha123
Thats it ! im not willing to carry all my documents when i travel tru AZ. I have no room for it.Ill skip it.

rocha123,,, We more than likely didn't really want you here anyway, if you can't take the time to carry your Drivers Lic. or another form of picture I. D. ( which you can get at your Bank ) then you're more than likely to Lazy to comply with other other Laws.

Some thing you should be aware of, Missouri and 3 or 4 other States to Include California, ( California does not enforce their immigration laws ) are for Tougher than Arizona's.

rocha123, Maybe you should just stay where we're at,,, sense you didn't think it was necessary to fill out your profile, I don't know where that is, But You Should Stay There!! Edited, I was being Mean, He or She may not know how too or be old enough to drive.
edit on 24-2-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Procession101

What exactly is an American supposed to look like? I've seen Americans in every size, shape, color and religion.

If you had read the thread, you know I could very well be taken for an illegal, due to my nationality and my English is not the best, I think my husband is the only person you really understands what I'm saying half of the time.
But of-course you didn't bother to read the posts or my profile, you just decided that I made incorrect statement in a Racial way.
Now Why would you care or make the statement you made?
Do you believe in border control? Do you believe in immigration laws?

You've seen Americans in every size and shape, color and of-course you know their religion just by looking at them.
I don't believe you have!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I support this bill...

A lot of illeagals here dont WANT NO laws made against being illegal here...(throw in a few hollywood idiots who support that as well)

Its not just Mexico either,,,

Nothing racist eirther about this,,,its a crack down,, because it way way way out of hand....

Im in california,,most all came here illegally and then had babies,,,,and send for the rest of their family,,,

I see more toll on our system with the crime/gangs/school and hospital and medical systems getting hard hit,,,,

I know many are good and honest people,,,but the bad apples and the toll on our public system is shot in these southern states,,,,

Whole arpartment complex's dont speak a word of english,,,1 out of every 4 is illegal,,,,and 3 ot of every 4 send for other family memebers who are illeagal to come here....

mexico's gang problem is like the cartel problem in Columbia,,,,
The corruption in Mexico is beyond repair,,,,

The 20% of the bad ass's ruined it for them,,,there miliions upon millions of illegals,,even if they get arrested for felony and violent crimes several times they dont deport them a majority of the time....

What kind of loving bill could we come up with to adress illegal immigration?
NONE the way they want!!!!

Cheaper for the US to give every illegal 5000 cash ,,24 million times 5000????

And for the ones who come in the front door,,,with work permits,,,give'em a raise also...

All this is easier said than done,,,

As a US citizen I have to pay the IRS tax's,,,a majority of them dont,,,,50% of them have so much ink on their hands from the western union forums at the check cashing stops sending their money out of the country,,,,

Time to crack down HARD but humanely,,,,it cant be done overnight,,,,

start with the criminals,,

and something has to be done,,,to many come here and have babies and now they are on our welfare system and a citizen then....

Im humane,,,probly to gentle,,,,and I did say its got to be done humanely with common scense,logic,,,

My conclusion,,,is that 50% have GOT to be deported,,,,sent back,,,PERIOD..!!

The ones who are crime free,,,good workers,,special circumstances will have to patriated and become US citizens,,,

The US will have to bite the bullet somewhat on this,,,AND STOP THE FLOW OF ILLEAGALS COMING IN HARD!!!!!!
DAM HARD!!!!!

If you think Im racist,,,come visit california and Arizona....

50 of them dont invest here,,they send their money out western union and the other 50% send for their illegal family members,,,

Its sad when so many good people wanting a better lifer come here,,and the criminals take over..

And no,,I dont need examples on why Im wrong,,,,nor debate...

An illegal alien is an illeagl alien,,,,PERIOD

OTHER countries have way stiffer enforcement on this!!!

The politicians are a joke stopping this!!!!

China has an ally called North korea,,,and dam,,they protect that border tuff!!!!

And mexico,,read on their laws if your an illeagal,,,,

I said enuff,,,peace,,,

but we wuill have to bite the bullet but time to enforce hard,,,

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Little_Kona

I worked with many illegals once and every single one of them sent money back to their home countries.
There are problems with illegal immigration on so many levels and you're right, something needs to be done!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
reply to post by Procession101

If you had read the thread, you know I could very well be taken for an illegal, due to my nationality and my English is not the best, I think my husband is the only person you really understands what I'm saying half of the time.
But of-course you didn't bother to read the posts or my profile, you just decided that I made incorrect statement in a Racial way.
Now Why would you care or make the statement you made?
Do you believe in border control? Do you believe in immigration laws?

You've seen Americans in every size and shape, color and of-course you know their religion just by looking at them.
I don't believe you have!

Your original quote was "and I don't Look Any Thing Like An American"

I was just pointing out the extreme ignorance in that statement is all. We are the melting pot of the world. Americans don't have a specific look, to think otherwise is straight ignorance.
edit on 1-3-2011 by Procession101 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join