It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuba FM blames US media for Libya violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Cuba FM blames US media for Libya violence

www.salon.com

Cuba's foreign minister has accused U.S. media of inciting violence and military aggression in Libya, where forces loyal to Moammar Gadhafi have launched a bloody crackdown on protesters that has left hundreds dead.

Bruno Rodriguez says press reports out of the North African country have been contradictory, and he accuses unnamed North American politicians and media groups of contributing to the bloodshed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This is an example of the level of disinformation that exists in countries like Cuba, and how they try to twist facts to their favor, or in this case to their friend's favor. Gadaffi, alongside many other dictators, is a friend of Cuba's repressive communist regime, and have been so for a very long time.

In latin news networks they have even reported that Gadaffi is using North African mercenaries and Cuban pilots to attack the protesters.

This has even been reported by a Brittish journalist, Hugh Milesen. I haven't found an English source yet, but here is the source in spanish.

Pilotos cubanos bombardean en Libia
.By Redacción de El Nuevo Herald
Un periodista británico ha informado que cubanos y europeos orientales están pilotando algunos de los aviones y helicópteros desplegados en Libia para aplastar la revuelta contra Moammar Gadhafi, que ha gobernado al país durante más de 40 años.

``Según los informes más recientes, el régimen ha desplegado helicópteros y aviones a reacción para aplastar el levantamiento, supuestamente tripulados por mercenarios de la Europa Oriental, Cuba y otros lugares'', escribió Hugh Milesen el blog de London Reviewof Books.

Miles es un periodista que se especializa en el Medio Oriente. Editor de una revista de medios de comunicación publicada por la Universidad Americana en El Cairo, nació en Arabia Saudita y se educó en Libia.

www.elnuevoherald.com...

www.salon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 23-2-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: add link and comments.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

This is an example of the level of disinformation that exists in countries like Cuba, and how they try to twist facts to their favor, or in this case to their friend's favor. Gadaffi, alongside many other dictators, is a friend of Cuba's repressive communist regime, and have been so for a very long time.

www.globalresearch.ca...

I guess you never heard of the american century project or the americas, greater middle east project?

The riots were originally planned by the american government, the first test run off was the green color revolution in iran, but has it turned out, it backed fire and failed.

Only the Egyptian revolution succeed, do that doesn't mean all middle eastern countries will follow the same fate.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
All of these dictators feel desperate and know they will all eventually topple. Using "an enemy of my enemy is my friend" card is petty weak. I wouldn't be surprised if these dictators bomb their people and blame it on the West.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yeah Cuba. I know someone at work that was in the military under castro's command.
He said that they used to be nicknamed watermelons, Green on the outside but a deep shade of red on the inside.

Take whatever they say with a truck full of salt.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I will translate as best I can what is being reported in Spanish news sources such as the one I gave above.

Pilotos cubanos bombardean en Libia
.By Redacción de El Nuevo Herald
Un periodista británico ha informado que cubanos y europeos orientales están pilotando algunos de los aviones y helicópteros desplegados en Libia para aplastar la revuelta contra Moammar Gadhafi, que ha gobernado al país durante más de 40 años.

``Según los informes más recientes, el régimen ha desplegado helicópteros y aviones a reacción para aplastar el levantamiento, supuestamente tripulados por mercenarios de la Europa Oriental, Cuba y otros lugares'', escribió Hugh Milesen el blog de London Reviewof Books.

Miles es un periodista que se especializa en el Medio Oriente. Editor de una revista de medios de comunicación publicada por la Universidad Americana en El Cairo, nació en Arabia Saudita y se educó en Libia.

www.elnuevoherald.com...

My translation---

Cuban Pilots Bombing in Libya

A British journalist is informing that Cubans and east Europeans are piloting some fighter aircraft and military helicopters in Libya to crush the demonstrations against Moammar Gadhafi, who has been in power for more than 40 years.

"According to the most recent reports, the regime has sent helicopters and aircraft in reaction to crush the uprising, supposedly these aircraft are being piloted by mercenaries from Eastern Europe, Cuba, and other places",
wrote Hugh Milesen in the blog London Review of Books.

Miles is a journalist who especializes in Eastern Europe. He is an editor of a magazine of news media published by the American University in Cairo, was born in Saudi Arabia and was educated in Libya.

edit on 23-2-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Found the source where this report came from.

facebook 93twitter 27After Gaddafi
Hugh Miles 21 February 2011 .Tags: gaddafi | libya | protests

Information is patchy as communication networks are down, but reports from Libya all indicate that after 42 years in power, Colonel Gaddafi’s time is up. The tribes are heading to the capital en masse, soldiers still answering to the regime are trying to stop them, and the violence is escalating. According to the latest reports the regime has deployed helicopters and jets to crush the uprising, allegedly flown by mercenaries from Eastern Europe, Cuba and elsewhere. Meanwhile, former regime stalwarts have been defecting in growing numbers. The head of Afriqiya Airways, the head of the Libyan Chamber of Commerce and several ambassadors are among those who have resigned or relocated. Many of them are reportedly now in Dubai. Islamic scholars in Libya spoke up today for the first time to rule that fighting Gaddafi was legitimate jihad. The demonstrators are calling for a million people to march tomorrow on Bab al-Aziziya, the fortified military compound where Gaddafi lives in Tripoli. But no one knows where he is now.

www.lrb.co.uk...

I have been telling this to a lot of members, and they didn't want to believe it even though I told these people that uncles, and other family members of mine had been sent all over the world for similar situations including Angola to "spread the revolution", or to help some other dictator friend of the Cuban communist regime.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Really? So there are millions of CIA agents in Libya? c'mon, even Islamic clerics have responded and said this revolution is necessary, but of course some people have to blame the west.

I know the CIA has done some things but the CIA doesn't do everything in the world. I guess, according to you the revolt has nothing to do with the following...

Rather than stem the revolution, Gaddafis son Saif al-Islams rambling speech last night made the regime seem desperate. He looked nervous, and his threats only further enraged the people who have waited in vain for him to deliver on the promises of reform he made 11 years ago. In Benghazi people threw shoes at his image on the giant TV screens that have been set up in public places. His speech wasn’t live – he gave the game away when he spoke about the ‘pre-recording’ – and it’s thought that he has already left the country. Gaddafi’s wife and daughter probably left on Thursday, and are rumoured to be in Germany. For Gaddafi himself, however, there are not many places to go. No African country could afford not to hand him over to face justice, and he cant go to Saudi Arabia, the dumping ground of choice for former dictators, on account of his old feud with the king. Venezuela or Cuba seems most likely.

www.lrb.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
BTW, i found videos of several North African mercenaries which were captured, and at least some were killed, but the images are very graphic.

I will post the link with the videos with a warning.

WARNING, THE FOLLOWING LINK CONTAINS VERY GRAPHIC VIDEOS/IMAGES.

observers.france24.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I guess that Cuban azz-wipe feels an uninformed public is a safe public, and he's right. Funny how the first thing dictators do is try to control information flow to the citizens.

He can kiss my A$$. Supporting a nutcase vicious dictator like the little colonel.

If Obummer had some guts, he'd order an aircraft carrier in to shut down the Libyan military and protect the demonstrators.

top topics

join