It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highway Sound Barriers/Holding Pins?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Anyone know what I'm talking about when I say, "highway sound barriers"? Those huge walls lining the highways that are supposed to mute highway noise from residential areas (which don't really work). Well, when I was a teenager, I had this friend of my fathers who said he believed that these would be used as massive holding pins by the government for people to be corralled in. At the time I completely blew him off as a paranoid nut, but in these days and times, I can't say it would suprise me if that is the future purpose for them. Please discuss.....

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Anyone know what I'm talking about when I say, "highway sound barriers"? Those huge walls lining the highways that are supposed to mute highway noise from residential areas (which don't really work). Well, when I was a teenager, I had this friend of my fathers who said he believed that these would be used as massive holding pins by the government for people to be corralled in. At the time I completely blew him off as a paranoid nut, but in these days and times, I can't say it would suprise me if that is the future purpose for them. Please discuss.....

I never though about it, but I suppose technically it would work pretty well.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
i know the sound barriers.... but i dont understand what you mean

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
well its kinda hard to hold some one if the barriers dont make a corral

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

i know the sound barriers.... but i dont understand what you mean

If the gov't needed to corrall a massive amt of people, they could funnel them into the highway, say during a marshal law situation, and could post guards all along the top of highway sound barriers. This would be alot easier than building new massive holding pins. All they would need to do is install a few shelters on the highway, and badabing, instant holding grounds.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

well its kinda hard to hold some one if the barriers dont make a corral

obviously they don't make a corral in the circular sense, but in a linear sense they would make great holding areas.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
it sounds like a good idea but i dont think they would be able to do it

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It will most likely never ever happen, but as I was driving home today looking at these massive walls along the highway I was taken back to that conversation, so I thought I'd see if anyone else around here ever had the same thoughts on it.

new topics

top topics

join