It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get out there and burn some boxes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Hi folks,

I have been labeled a conspiracy theorist.... I get this label everywhere I go, once folks get to know me, because of my interest in certain non-mainstream topics. Sadly, the most common reaction I get when I choose to open someones box, peak in and say hello then ask them to come out is giggles, the shaking of heads and the attempt of being discredited.

I am US military, so I move around alot and find myself in a new work environment, with all new people about every 2 years. (8 bases in 14 years.) I am very vocal about my thoughts on certain subjects, and openly speak my mind. Most of my beliefs and concepts are well...different. I refuse to allow someone to snicker (I call them to the carpet and point it out immediately) and they always back down. I challenge the normal thought process of most on certain subject matter. Eventually most folks will concede and say something like "I see where you are comming from." I refuse to be the object of ridicule just because I have an open mind.

Very rarely, have I met others like me at work. Most are caught up in sports, cars, sports cars, video games, hunting, fishing, drinking, parties, religion.....you get the idea.. but I find as i engage them in other things, most are willing to discuss these topics and debate with me, and I always feel afterwards that I just may have given them a new perspective and food for thought.

Some folks will come to me at the smoke pit, or alone and discuss alternative subjects that they would never bring up in the group for fear of ridicule. (Ghosts, AP, Aliens, Sasquatch and so on...)

Now please do not take offense to my following statement as this is just an observation.

Most folks like us tend to keep thier thoughts to themselves....and trust me I understand why, but if you would just be more assertive and refuse to be made fun of I think you would be suprised at the result. Maybe not at first...but eventually, folks will respect your thoughts and beliefs and not try and stomp you down. (Well they may try but you just have to keep on keeping on!)

In closing, don't be ashamed of what you believe in and the reaction of the masses. Be strong and get out there and speak your mind. The chance to bring someone a different perspective and eventually to hopefully get them to open thier boxes, peak out and maybe step out and burn it is well worth it!

Now....go on your mission!

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Have no fear buddy.

I am the type that ALWAYS brings up weird stuff.

And guess what, I twist the ridicule back onto them if they wanna play that game.

I make them feel bad for it. I am very good at this. Dangerously good.

Face to face, I can make anyone capitulate. No one has really even stood a chance so far, it's kind of sad.

And like 5 or 10 years later when I see that person again, they say "Thank you for telling me all that weird stuff, at the time I didn't think about it, but over time it changed my views on things a lot, and opened my mind to all kinds of things." Stuff like that.

So, they encourage me to be the firebrand that I am.

See my avatar? That's how I view myself.

/end egotistical rant

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The mainstream is just subverted into disregarding anything that the media doesn't pump into their brains. It's just easier that way, do as you're told and believe what we say that way there will be no friction. I used to be really introverted about the things I have conviction about because to the average, uninformed person my points of view sound bizarre at best but as I've realized that letting people just be sheep is kind of wrong too. It's like letting someone get attacked... you didn't hurt them but you didn't try to help them when it happened.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen:

I too am prior service, USMC (glorified gate guard) Oops! I mean security forces, twenty very odd years ago.

I also present the true nature of the situation of which we are in, to many people that I come in contact with. Very few are eager to listen, they would rather bury their heads in the sand, or ridicule me. Others think they want to know the truth until I get to a certain point and then !!WHAM!! 'I don't want to hear anymore." is the usual reply. To include my own partner, her being attention deficit does not help matters.

It's sad really to know that many of them wish to remain ignorant. However that is their choice, and appears to be the norm in this area anyhow.

Perhaps after the middle of next month their curiosity will change, when left with no alternative.

In Love Light and Wisdom
trinity369

Edit: To include the Ladies
edit on 23-2-2011 by trinity369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by trinity369

First off, we're not all gentlemen on here. Some of us are young ladies

But anyways, yeah I actually I find it weird that a lot of people seem to want to stay blind. They get all pissy when you say things that actually make sense. My mother in law basically told me she'd rather stay blind because it all makes her feel helpless, so maybe that is one explanation.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
[color=mediumorchid]You cannot forget all the conspiracy ladies!

On topic:

Most people are too busy with their day to day life to worry about the truth. TPTB probably prefer it that way

[color=deepskyblue]Edited to add: S&F
edit on 23-2-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by XxXAmmoXxX

That's about the same reaction I get, my mom will listen for a bit then she backs away. Cause she thinks if we can't do anything about it, it's not worth the interest..? idk.

alot of people think that we can't do anything about it so they don't want to hear anymore or just start lookin through you while your explaining

haha I can literally see when a person I'm talking to starts to hear things that don't align with thier world and thier eyes begin to glaze over, head tilts a little bit and when your done explaining... new subject.

It's tuff but it's necessary. IMO.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I know how you feel friend. I've learned to slowly approach people with such subjects. Usually if they initiate a subject I can weave it around a bit and throw something of conspiracy at them just to see how they react. Some people won't accept anything and sometimes you can see it's due to their ignorance of their surroundings.

I think the reason why conspiracies turn most people off is that they usually don't have a happy ending and a lot of people want to live in Pleasantville in their minds so they rather not see what is actually going on. Many are content with what they are told and see no reason to question otherwise.
Then we come along and make them question their reality by telling them something that takes them out of their secure state. That's when people react by making fun of the subject because it's their way of down playing the reality check we just put them in.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Greetings Everyone:

I humbly ask for your forgiveness,,,, Ladies I generally greet everyone as above. It will not happen again in the future. I stand corrected and have edited my original post. FEW!!! I feel better now.

In Love Light and Wisdom
trinity369

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ATC_GOD

I have to disagree with you on this one ATC. while i am a big (some say fanatical) believer in all the kooky aspects of our existence (aliens, time travel, hermaphroditic experiences), i prefer to stay in the closet. there are many reasons for this choice. the main reason is while i like to read and submerse myself in topics (and petroleum-based substances) that are not normal, in the end i know that it's fake. vampires and such, while sounding awesome, are no more real than a W.O.W. player that has had sex before. it's just not possible. so while you guys are out there embarrassing yourselves, i'll stay locked up in my fantasy closet, which happens to be my parents basement, where i happen to be 2 raids from getting my level 70 warlock!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It's all good, we know you didn't mean it

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Wow! A person that thinks!
Thank you as as I was just talking to the GF earlier of
similar topic.

YOU MAKE YOUR WORLD!

edit on 23-2-2011 by AlternateEnding because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join