It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH: Obama's Silence On Libya Due To "Scheduling Issue"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

THis was not planned yesterday.

LIfe still goes on, and the presidency is not coming on TV and making anything out of this. For all you know, it is some PR thing, that is rather a pain in the A$!.

Hey don't forget Bush reading to kindergarteners on 911. They do this stuff.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
LOL wow...

Gaddafi: Barakeh Obama is friend

Libyan leader praises US president: 'He is of Muslim descent, his policy should be supported, as he now leans towards peace'

Roee Nahmias Published: 04.17.10, 15:15 / Israel News

Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi considers the US president a blessing to the Muslim world. In a speech published in London-based al-Hayat newspaper on Saturday, Gaddafi praised Barack Obama, called him a "friend" and said there is no longer any dispute between his country and the US.

(snip)

He said, "Now, ruling America is a black man from our continent, an African from Arab descent, from Muslim descent, and this is something we never imagined – that from Reagan we would get to Barakeh Obama."

Gaddafi stressed that Obama's presidency is "a major historical gain" and said, "He is someone I consider a friend. He knows he is a son of Africa. Regardless of his African belonging, he is of Arab Sudanese descent, or of Muslim descent. He is a man whose policy should be supported, and he should be assisted in implementing it in any way possible, since he is now leaning towards peace."

www.ynetnews.com...

So... yeah.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I was merely joking at the thought of yet another big time concert at the White House. Obama delayed any response to Libya and Egypt because he wanted be the last to sign off on it. He will always wait and see what the popular opinion is before he makes a comment on anything.

Glad Obama is backing these demonstrations in Egypt, Libya and Wisconsin. Funny thing, he wasn't so supportive of the "Anti Tax" Tax day demonstrations by the Tea Party last year. He mocked them. Much like Gaddafi mocks those who oppose his agenda and tactics.

At his 100th-day town hall meeting in St. Louis, Mo., President Obama criticized the anti-tax “tea party” demonstrations and FOX News, the only cable news network who chose to cover Americans protesting.

"Those of you who are watching certain news channels on which I'm not very popular, and you see folks waving tea bags around, Obama said, “let me just remind them that I am happy to have a serious conversation about how we are going to cut our health care costs down over the long term, how we are going to stabilize Social Security.”

“But,” Obama continued, “let's not play games and pretend that the reason [for the deficit] is because of the Recovery Act."

www.thevoicemagazine.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
LOL wow...

Gaddafi: Barakeh Obama is friend

Libyan leader praises US president: 'He is of Muslim descent, his policy should be supported, as he now leans towards peace'

Roee Nahmias Published: 04.17.10, 15:15 / Israel News

Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi considers the US president a blessing to the Muslim world. In a speech published in London-based al-Hayat newspaper on Saturday, Gaddafi praised Barack Obama, called him a "friend" and said there is no longer any dispute between his country and the US.

(snip)

He said, "Now, ruling America is a black man from our continent, an African from Arab descent, from Muslim descent, and this is something we never imagined – that from Reagan we would get to Barakeh Obama."

Gaddafi stressed that Obama's presidency is "a major historical gain" and said, "He is someone I consider a friend. He knows he is a son of Africa. Regardless of his African belonging, he is of Arab Sudanese descent, or of Muslim descent. He is a man whose policy should be supported, and he should be assisted in implementing it in any way possible, since he is now leaning towards peace."

www.ynetnews.com...

So... yeah.

I think Gaddafi knows more than we give him credit for
Perhaps he is the one who actually cut Obama's cord..

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by kinda kurious

I hope that range of options includes knocking Qaddafi's AF out of the freakin sky and sending in a few Marines to mop up the murderers for hire.
edit on 23-2-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

For the love of God...the Libyan people are doing just fine by themselves. Half the regions in the country are no longer in Qaddafi's control.

The last thing on earth we need to do is send in marines to another country to assist the "people" in liberating themselves from a dictator. How did that work out for us in Iraq? We went from liberators to occupiers in a milisecond and the locals went from rooting for us to shooting at us.

For once it would be nice to keep our effing fingers out of the pie. Tunesia and Egypt did just fine by themselves and it didn't require Americans dieing and billions of dollars or a decade long presense.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
yea, prolly, preparing for, The White House celebration of Motown tribute concert

From The Detroit News: detnews.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

"Uh, we finally located Libya on the map and will have something for you by tomorrow.". Pssst, Mr. President. It's right there next to Egypt ...

Now that was funny,

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

A member that can't understand the difference between a president shocked by some news (9/11) while in the middle of a photo op with some children deciding to not freak them out and also needing a few minutes to collect his thoughts before acting with waiting days AFTER an event has happened happened to even act like the presidents knows about the issue.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Who cares if "radical islam" takes one of those countries. Let them live thier lives the way they want. Stop being the believe/opinion police of the world. I could care less.

Naive attempt at appeasement.

Will you care when they come for you? When their actions begin to interrupt your blissful existence?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Please Centurion, do you really think I was compring them apples for apples? Read my post again, I said they do these kinds of things, meaning they plan reading trips to kids and celebrate black history months ......nice way to try and twist it to your agenda though.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Obama called for Mubaraks ouster and has yet to call for the official Dethroning of Gaddafi in the shadows of Gaddafis call to massacre protesters. Hmm... Interesting. Gaddafi has maintained quite the connections to the US since the day in 1986 when our F111s and A6s made the man wet his drawers.

Just to look to the mutual connection of our dear president Obama to Gaddafi. Obama has direct links to Rev. Wright and Mr. Farrakhan who are in turn connected financially and idealistically to Gaddafi.

So far, White House officials have called for an end to the violence but have seemingly ruled out any unilateral action in Libya. Despite Gadhafi's reported ordering of massacres that reportedly have killed hundreds of civilians in recent days, Obama hasn't called on Gadhafi to leave office.

Pressure has been mounting on Obama to take a tougher stand, with the chairmen of the House and Senate foreign relations committees calling on the White House to re-impose economic sanctions on Libya that were lifted in 2004.

But Obama has multiple close ties to activists who have had relationships with Gadhafi.

Jeremiah Wright, former pastor of Obama's longtime Chicago church, went with Farrakhan to visit Gadhafi in 1984.

During the 2008 presidential campaign, Wright himself noted the trip could cause problems for Obama.

"When [Obama's] enemies find out that in 1984 I went to Tripoli to visit [Gadhafi] with Farrakhan, a lot of his Jewish support will dry up quicker than a snowball in hell."

Farrakhan, a close friend and associate of Wright, has been financed by Gadhafi, including with a $5 million interest-free loan in 1985.

Later that year, Gadhafi spoke by satellite to Farrakhan's Saviour's Day Convention in Chicago, and reportedly told Farrakhan supporters he was prepared to provide weapons to a black army in the U.S. to destroy "white America."

Oh what a tangled web our dear president has tangled himself in. I judge a man by the company that he keeps.

According to reports in 1996 from Libya's news agency, JANA, Farrakhan and Gadhafi agreed to work together to mobilize "oppressed blacks, Arabs, Muslims and Red Indians" to help reshape U.S. foreign policy.

Gadhafi said that until his alliance with the Nation of Islam, "our confrontation with America was like a fight against a fortress from outside."

He asserted his alliance with Farrakhan provides him with "a breach to enter into this fortress and confront it."

Farrakhan went to Libya for multiple other events. He was the recipient in 1996 of the Gadhafi Human Rights Award, which came with a $250,000 prize. Farrakhan accepted the prize despite U.S. sanctions on Libya.

Please read further to delve into Obama's known ties to the Nation of Islam.... Of course I'm sure that all of this is just hearsay ha ha ha Obama has probably never met either of these men

Read more: Obama's mystery links to Gadhafi uncovered www.wnd.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Please Centurion, do you really think I was compring them apples for apples? Read my post again, I said they do these kinds of things, meaning they plan reading trips to kids and celebrate black history months ......nice way to try and twist it to your agenda though.

The problem with having "text conversations" - I can only read what you wrote.

And that IS what you wrote.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Let's travel back in time in the world of Obama Bama Land for a moment.

September 2009 UN council meeting

Speaking after Obama, Gaddafi had mostly harsh words for the United Nations, as he theatrically tossed aside a copy of the U.N. charter and referred to the Security Council as a "Terror Council" because of its veto power.

But when it came to America's 44th president, Gaddafi offered only warm words, calling him "our son" and "our Obama," and saying, "The election of Obama is the beginning of change."

"We are content and happy if Obama can stay forever as the president," Gaddafi said during a rambling,

www.washingtonpost.com...

Right around this time period in 2009

Obama earmarked $400,000 for two Libyan charities. The money was divided between two foundations run by Gaddafi's children; Gaddafi International Charity and Development Foundation, run by his son Saif, and Wa Attassimou, run by his daughter Aicha. What noble causes did our tax dollars potentially help support thanks to Obama's generosity?

Wow! Another connection. This time a direct connection.

Now fast forward a little to the repeated attempts to run the Israeli naval blockades against Hamas.

Funding of the ship Amalthea: The Amalthea sailed to Israel with the intent of breaking the Israeli blockade on Hamas. It carried aid for a pseudo humanitarian crisis and supporters who were said to be "keen on expressing solidarity with the Palestinian people in the plight amidst the siege imposed on Gaza." The ship was funded by Saif Gaddafi's charity, Gaddafi International Charity and Development Association. Obama's friend, Bill Ayers, joined attempt #1 against Israel's blockade on Hamas. Saif joined attempt #2. One has to wonder which of Obama's friends will step up to the plate at attempt #3.

Remember the release of the Lockerbie Bomber?? I do

The release of Lockerbie bomber Abdel Baset al-Megrahi: Saif Gaddafi was involved in negotiating the convicted bomber's release, and accompanied him back to Libya, where al-Megrahi was praised and welcomed. For those who have forgotten the extent of the carnage of the Lockerbie bombing, 270 people, including 189 Americans, were killed.

and MORE

Honoring Iraqi journalist, Muntazer al-Zaidi: Al-Zaidi is the journalist who threw his shoe at President George W. Bush. He was given a bravery award by Aicha Gaddafi's charity, Wa Attassimou. The charity stated that al-Zaidi's actions "represented a victory for human rights across the world."

As long as we are connecting the dots between Obama and Libya, now seems a good time to remember that the state department issued an official apology to Libya after spokesman P.J. Crowley made disparaging comments about Gaddafi's call for jihad against Switzerland. Apparently Crowley spoke on instinct instead of running his reaction by Libya's "son" first. As an Obamian spinmeister, Crowley learned that one doesn't speak ill of "family."

What a web Obama continues to spin. One can only hope he falls into it soon, before all of American is smothered by it.

www.americanthinker.com...

Connect the dots.... Indeed... "Scheduling Issue" DOUBTFUL!!!!!

The article that I referenced was written in July 2010. It all is beginning to make sense NOW!!

WAKE UP FOLKS!!!!!! THE DOTS ARE THERE FOR ALL TO FOLLOW!

What's up with Libya. They have been slumbering like a dormant volcano until now. I suppose "the number" has been pulled.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

A member that can't understand the difference between a president shocked by some news (9/11) while in the middle of a photo op with some children deciding to not freak them out and also needing a few minutes to collect his thoughts before acting with waiting days AFTER an event has happened happened to even act like the presidents knows about the issue.

Wow..Cent. That was hilarious. Someone makes a passing remark about Bush reading to Kindergardners and you screech into defense mode....Sure that famous deer in the headlights face was just him being brave and taking a few minutes while NYC was being attacked. Miss him every day, do you? Just hilarious.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

That was the last sentence of what I wrote in response to another poster, and you used it against me out of context. You could just apologize for the mistake, instead of making your misunderstaning my fault.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

That was the last sentence of what I wrote in response to another poster, and you used it against me out of context. You could just apologize for the mistake, instead of making your misunderstaning my fault.

Happy to apologize for any mistake - when I actually make one.

Not true in your case.

Will you also think I need to apologize for suggesting that you grow a little thicker skin if you want post on the internet? Ridiculous and naive to think you should be able to demand an apology every time someone doesn't agree with what you say, or because your meaning wasn't clear and it gets your nose a little out of joint.

What ever happened to "sticks and stones ..."?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connector

According to his new White House press secretary, obowma's 9 day silence on Libya was due to "scheduling issues".

source

"This is a scheduling issue. The president will meet with Secretary of State Clinton this afternoon. We will have something to say out of that meeting. If possible, the President will speak this afternoon or tomorrow," White House press secretary Jay Carney said of President Obama's lack of response to the crisis in Libya.

How dumb does the administration think the citizens of the U.S. are that they would accept and believe a BS statement like this?

Watch what gets posted in support of the administration on this thread for the answers to that question.

edit on 2/23/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

So, what do you think the delay was for?

Sorry, but I can't think of a good reason for obama - the president who was going to make America look good again to the world - to be disengaged and a non-player on such a potentially world changing event.

Maybe he was recovering from the Rahm E. victory celebration?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

What ever happened to "sticks and stones ..."?

It seems that is all this thread has devolved into since the premise is now DOA. Wasn't that the beef? Obama was silent, well now he spoke. Just not perhaps in a knee-jerk reaction that the Teabaggers are used to. And the thread is in "I know you are but what am I" mode.

So why beat a dead horse? Unless you simply enjoy bickering. Only a few here have recognized the delicate diplomacy and measured reply that is required until our diplomats, protégés and liaisons return home.

Geez. Now I know why they keep shooting the evil monsters in the movies to prevent them from getting up one more time. Enough already it is a moot point.
RIP
edit on 24-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: delete lame thread reference

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join