It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large green orb in Argentina, crazy picture....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

MUFON CMS - Mendoza, Argentina - 5/3/2010 - unedited: I was driving the route 101 of Mendoza, Argentina, with 2 friends, near a town called Pareditas (8 miles away), the moon was rising so we stopped to take some pictures of it. I took 4 or 5 pictures and then we get back on the road. When we arrived home, we saw a green shape almost the size of the moon, near it, in the first photograph. It was very noticeable, and with good quality, a shadow slashing the green bulbs in halfs. In all the pictures the bulb appears in different positions. We couldnt find any explanation for that, not a flearing, a reflection or object created from the human being could show such colors and shape, over a huge field were no one lives.
I didnt contact anyone else about this, and don´t know exactly what to do as I believe my pictures are a valuable source of information to share with the world.
Looking forward for a response, so i can send you the photographs.
Photographer Fernando Demian Arcuri.
San Rafael, Mendoza, Argentina.

So, I'm not really to sure about the picture. I do not know much about photoshop so I needed others opinions. I think it is a cool photo regardless.
It seems as in the description it mentions they were viewing the moon already so I would not think they would mistake this for a moon. I am wondering if maybe it was an optical illusion, or perhaps a reflection of some sort.

Any thoughts?/

Pred...

Source
edit on 23-2-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Do you have a link to where this information was gathered?

Would seem kind of odd if only 1 photo is available.

I also see movement in the camera.... with the double stars etc...

If the moon was in that position during sunset, on that time time stamp, that would probably lay it to rest as well.

edit on 23-2-2011 by SnakeShot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The witness says they were taking pictures of the moon and saw the orb afterwards. Where is the moon in the photo? Maybe it's cropped but they should have submitted the original un-altered photo. Honestly that green-orb just looks like the moon to me. Maybe tinted green from some atmospheric effect. I don't know but I can't tell anything from that one photo.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SnakeShot

Ok, added the link to OP, sorry my fault, i rarely forget anymore.

It is not directly from MUFON as I went there and tried to find it to no avail, but I do have where I got the story from.

Pred..

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I was able to recreate this in photo shop within a few seconds. By no means am I saying it was a photo shop edit, I am just stating how easy it is to do (even for a beginner) I also wish there was more than one picture, the lack of another seems a wee bit suspicious. But then I think about all the "green fireball" sightings that I have read about and it has a sense of legitimacy...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
If they were taking pictures of the moon and this is what they got then its the moon.

All the other stars etc have 'black lines' through them too or are otherwise distorted

there is clear evidence of the camera moving, if you look at the telegraph pole that too has a kind of double exposure effect...

edit on 23-2-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The back ground image looks to clear for the object to be blurry, it seems like a hoax but im not sure, a high quality camera should of given a better picture on where the object is.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I was driving the route 101 of Mendoza, Argentina, with 2 friends, near a town called Pareditas (8 miles away), the moon was rising so we stopped to take some pictures of it. I took 4 or 5 pictures and then we get back on the road. When we arrived home, we saw a green shape almost the size of the moon, near it, in the first photograph.

If that's not the moon then I suspect a camera anomaly.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Who is flagging these posts?

Clearest thing about this whole picture is the lighting is totally whack. Look at the sunset, then look at the sky...d'oh!

You need look at nothing else afterwards.
edit on 23-2-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This is just a picture of a lightning bug with a long exposure & a little movement. That explains why they didnt see the 'UFO' while they were snapping pictures and why it moved to different places in the different photos they took.

The witness' also says this was taken in a field in May and they didnt see the 'UFO' untill after they looked at the pictures. All the more reason it would be a firefly. Below is another picture that explains the darker area down the middle of the 'UFO'. Just a bug....

edit on 2/23/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Cool. A picture of the moon.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
This is just a picture of a lightning bug with a long exposure & a little movement. That explains why they didnt see the 'UFO' while they were snapping pictures and why it moved to different places in the different photos they took.

The witness' also says this was taken in a field in May and they didnt see the 'UFO' untill after they looked at the pictures. All the more reason it would be a firefly. Below is another picture that explains the darker area down the middle of the 'UFO'. Just a bug....

Nice try disinfo agent! Thats really in invasion of ET's that happend last year. My cousins cousin told him that his gardener used to be MIB in area 52 and he leaked out those images. Don't believe this disinfo agent. These are not lightnening bug!

Seriously though, this must just be a picture of the moon and a tech/light glitch.
edit on 24-2-2011 by SnakeShot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Looks like the Sacred Locknar from the movie Heavy Metal.

Sorta...

MS

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

please tell me that post is a joke?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05

please tell me that post is a joke?

Please tell me your response is a joke, lol.
Check the last sentence in my post.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
We already have one clue in the testimony:

The guy said that he saw the anomaly only when he went back home and looked at the photographies, so he haven't saw it with naked eyes...

Typical of a camera artefact.

top topics

join