It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live now: German, Chinese and American vessels in Libyan waters.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
other countries are worried because there more than 1,000,000 expat leaving in Libya,, you cant blame them they have to protect their citizens.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Hi everybody. I am watching the situation in Libya. I am from Crete and we are to get around 15.000 Chinese and 2.000 - 3.000 British to our island. The first wave of Chinese people (4.800) have arrived with two commercial ferries, no military transport or anything (at least for the moment).

Article screen capture

and the actual link here

We have been told that more refugees from Libya may arrive (arround 30.000)

They will stay in hotels for as long as they need to get the required paper work for repatriation.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Breaking News

Kadhafi will talk to Libyans later today.

edit on 24-2-2011 by St-Patrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Dont know if it was mentioned yet,but there are News about 3 German Ships beeing between Malta and Lybia now. 3 Ships (Frigates "Brandenburg" and "Rheinland-Pfalz",and the Support-Ship "Berlin" ) with around 600 Soldiers. The Official Story is to safeguard the Evacuations.

But as everyone knows,a Attack by Gaddafis goons on those Troops could change everything in a Heartbeat.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Shenon because: spelling

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Gadaffi due to make a statement any minute now, apparently...

Listening to interviews with tripoli residents on the radio earlier there is a growing concern he will use wmd on the people....not sure if thats possible, i thought the his programme was dismantled years ago?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
So where is Isreal in all this? Anything Germany/China/USA do will just keep the neighborhood safer for the Isrealis. Why aren't they in the waters, or are they just letting everyone else do their dirty work, and pay for it too?

It looks like we are going to freeze Libya's financial assts Libya placed billions of dollars in U.S. banks: Wikileaks

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Well Tripoli has a population of over 1 million and if Gadaffi is planning on bombing his own city, then 1.5 million is not a rediculous number to try and shift.

If he is planning on bombing his own people then i hope the US, China, Germany and UK stop him immediately...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Gadaffi is a loose cannon , my uncle has met him personally and been resident in his palace to teach his son english , a while ago.
My uncle states that he is mentally unsound and prone to bouts of insanity at the drop of a hat
a mad hatters hat !

I wouldnt be surprised if Gadaffi has some contingency plan to kill everyone whilst he escapes on some gold plated gunboat or plane surrounded by ex model female bodygaurds carrying gold plated Ak47's

The guy puts Kim jung Il to shame , listening to gadaffis recent UN speach at the general assembly he completely despises the western world and all they stand for.Especially America.

watch the loonball closely

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
HMS Cumberland due to be decommissioned, hanging just outside Libian waters. William Hague stating they will seek permission to enter their waters, knowing full well they won't get it. So they go in anyway to help save the Brits who are stranded.

A delay in lifting our people from the airport whilst other countries have had no problem in doing so.

Bang goes the ship, ............free for all.

I don't know, maybe.
edit on 24-2-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
dup post

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

Interesting piece regarding Libya's assets, good point regarding Isreal too. I thought they would have been more vocal at this point.

However, is there not a saying regarding its the quite ones that you need to watch out for?

Thank you all for the contributions

Getting info about sightings of lots of Hercules landing and that French are manoeuvring.

There is also a larger crowd gathering around the Corinthia Hotel regarding the pilot who has allegedly been flying mercenaries from Africa to Libya.
The link for this is on the previous page – source contains pictures that should be updated.

There is a visible, stronger police presence on the grounds of the hotel and many more congregating at the Embassy (A short distance away).

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
PS I dont have access to a TV, so if anyone could update the thread when Gaddafi makes his speech, I would be very grateful.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

The BBC website has live streaming

www.bbc.co.uk...

Uk only though

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Gaddafi is a good person?

In case this whole revolt prooves to be the work of NWO and the Central Banks, because they are scared that Sharia Banks get to powerful, then one might consider that what Gaddafi is doing right now (ordering to kill his own people), actually is a good thing. Think of it, when billions of people are dead due to depopulation or some crazy war, what would be the worth of several thousand lives? only time will tell.....

edit on 24-2-2011 by nagabonar because: typo

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
Germany, America and China? Acting unilaterally or collaboratively? Quite an interesting alliance, if they are working together? Wow! This Cosmic wave of unity is even effecting the matrix itself! Yes! Of COURSE IT WOULD!!

despite tensions between the US and china its fairly common for enemies to join forces to fight another common enemy. Libya is global news and the rest of the world is agreed that killing your own people is unacceptible.

and its been a long time since WW2 arent germany allies with the US now? nothing really surprising about them helping out here

arent the majority of people against him and didnt he say hed kill every last protestor? hed end up killing the majority of his population as well as destroying the majority of his land and cities. what would be left for him to rule over anyway if he won (which he wont).

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

Thanks for the Local up-dates.

Can't beat Al Jazeera for coverage on this..
Al Jazeera Live Sream

Drove past the Libyan Embassy in Blazan earlier today and wondered why I only saw Police and no Protesters now I understand they were all around the corner at the Corinthia.

Gadaffi currently speaking Live on Libyan TV blaming Bin Ladden and Al Queda for the deaths.. Hey it worked for Bush..

Cheers,

CTH

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nagabonar

Sorry I just cant agree with you there, loss of life is still loss of life regardless of numbers - all of it is tragic.

Thanks for the live streaming links, much appreciated.

Cant beleive he is blaming Bin Laden and the others - however, you are right, it did work for Bush and co.

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuRising
reply to post by LestatG

Thanks for the Local up-dates.

Can't beat Al Jazeera for coverage on this..
Al Jazeera Live Sream

Drove past the Libyan Embassy in Blazan earlier today and wondered why I only saw Police and no Protesters now I understand they were all around the corner at the Corinthia.

Gadaffi currently speaking Live on Libyan TV blaming Bin Ladden and Al Queda for the deaths.. Hey it worked for Bush..

Cheers,

CTH

I just clicked on your link, same place I go to get updated on news of this and here is what the site says:

"Al Jazeera has been suffering interference on its Arabsat satellite frequency. During jamming Al Jazeera English can be watched on Hotbird 13E Frequency: 11034 Vertical FEC: 3/4 Symbol rate: 27500; on Badr4/Eurobird 2 (26East) Frequency: 11680.8 Horizontal; SR: 27.5: FEC: 3/4; and on Nilesat/ Atlantic Bird4A (7West) Frequency: 11393 Vertical; SR:27.5; FEC: 3/4. Al Jazeera Arabic can be watched on Nilesat 7W Frequency: 11555 Vertical FEC: 3/4 Symbol rate: 27500."

Who is jamming their Arabsat satellite?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
In regards to the speech today. I have yet to find I good transcript. I did find a good synopsis on aljazeera.net.

February 24, 2011 4:15pm Gaddafi's speech, broadcast on state television, was a phone-in affair, in which he said that like Queen Elizabeth II, he was only a symbolic leader of Libya. Gaddafi also blamed the unrest on al-Qaeda arming drugged teenagers.

He said that married people with families and good jobs weren't participating in the protests, saying that no one over the age of 20 was involved and that "people with any brains won't take part in these protests".

He also said that "It's obvious now that this issue has been lead by al-Qaeda ...get control of your children, keep them at home".

Source

I have also been following the Twitter feed for NPR's Andy Carvin, he has been wonderful on getting info out.
twitter.com...#

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Summary from the Guardian Live Blog

2.37pm: Gaddafi says he doesn't know when the violence will come to an end but urges parents to take away the "guns from the kids" and arrest those behind the violence. He wonders whether bin Laden will compensate the victims' families. Gaddafi also mentions bin Laden's theoretician, al-Zawahiri. His monologue has come to an end. He spoke for about half an hour. It was an extraordinary rant, trying to blame bin Laden and jihadists, who he said had given hallucination pills to young Libyans. It will confirm that Gaddafi is totally out of touch if he really believed in what he was saying.

2.32pm: He's blaming bin Laden for Iraq and Afghanistan as well. "All they want is to kill your kids, that's what bin Laden wants, he should be happy now, that's what he wants," says Gaddafi. Again he says Libyans should take responsibility for the country as he has handed power to them through people's committees.

2.29pm: I am trying to show you parental advice, says Gaddafi adopting a father of the nation tone. He now compares himself to the Queen saying he is in a similar position to her. He cannot make rules, only offer advice. He is returning to the "hallucination pills" that young Libyans are supposed to be ingesting. More Queen comparisons. He does not have the authority to impose rules on the people. "I have become more of a symbolic leader".

2.27pm: Now that the oil has stopped, says Gaddafi, how will the people survive. Will bin Laden support the people, he asks. How are people going to buy cars, get married or buy goods that were cheaply available, he goes on. Maybe there will be a "revision of salaries and other incomes".

2.24pm: He is again blaming al-Qaida for turning Libya's "youngsters and children" against the regime. He says there are only a few "inciters" who also happen to be against the west. Is this a cack-handed appeal to gain western sympathy? If so it's an odd way of going about things, which will merely confirm Gaddafi's tenuous grasp on reality.

2.21pm: There are no images of Gaddafi, just his disembodied voice on Al-Jazeera, adding to the surreal nature of the occasion. While his regime crumbles, he's talking about kids taking pills. It really is like Nero fiddling while Rome burns.

2.17pm: Gaddafi is talking at long last. He starts off in bizarre fashion, accusing protesters of drinking pills that make them commit "animal acts". He says the protesters have been brainwashed by Osama bin Laden, whose people have been giving protesters these pills.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join