It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to retaliate to MSM disinformation and lies (FOX News)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Mainstream media sole revenue source is the publicity they sell.
You see on television and hear on radio a multitude of publicity campaign and advertisement
(Budweiser, Ford, Dollars for Gold, Canon, Playtex, etc).
This is their main way to make money.

I suggest doing a massive boycott of all products and services advertised on FOX news.
Stop buying products and services advertised on FOX news.
Call, send emails, literally harass those companies who buy advertisement and publicity on FOX telling them that since they are buying air time on a news channel that purposely disinform the public, you will stop buying products from them.

What do you think of that?

MOD, I don't know if this is the right forum for this.
Fell free to move it to the right forum.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So you're only using Fox as your example of MSM....what about all the left leaning others....MSNBC ,CBS, ABC, CNN, etc.??

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM
So you're only using Fox as your example of MSM....what about all the left leaning others....MSNBC ,CBS, ABC, CNN, etc.??

I watch almost every news channel I have access too, FOX is the easiest one to spot the lies... its like they don`t even try to hide their BS. And, what do you mean by left-leaning...
edit on 23/2/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

Boycott any media you want.
My thread is just a general idea about how to retaliate.

You have to hit them where it hurt the most = $$$$
edit on 23-2-2011 by St-Patrick because: confidential

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
At the risk of a one liner, you can always just turn it off...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x

That will not hurt them.

link   
Better yet: Throw out your TV (You are brainwashed by advertisement perpetually) and maybe even your computer.

But hey, guess what; I doubt anyone is going to do this.

link   
That's an interesting idea. But honestly, do you think, even if all of the members who viewed this did the above, that there would be a large enough impact for them to stop advertising on said channel? And this is every media outlet, they all have a private agenda... they are corporations that are ultimately there to make money. Plus if
I'm not mistaking FOX dominates the media outlets in viewers per night....

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM

I watch almost every news channel I have access too, FOX is the easiest one to spot the lies... its like they don`t even try to hide their BS. And, what do you mean by left-leaning...
edit on 23/2/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

isn't FOX supposed to be "Right-Leaning"?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
It might help if, with what you recommend, people actually wrote the companies en masse so that they knew they were losing business, which is what happened with a lot of Beck's and Limbaugh's sponsors some time ago. While they might see their sales and profits decrease, if they know people are actively boycotting, by the boycotters informing them, they would by more likely to change their sponsorships. Of course, you'd also have to inform Fox, so they would also know people are targeting their income.

That said, I personally make it a point to not buy products and services from both overly annoying advertisements as well as marketed goods and services in general, but that's just my rebellion against the invasive and annoying marketing strategies and practices aimed at the consumerist mentality.

For instance, if Geico were the only insurance company in the US, i would NEVER buy from them.

edit on 23-2-2011 by Liquesence because: seemed like a fun thing to do

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by St-Patrick

That will not hurt them.

On the contrary, advertisers pay based on ratings. If enough people turn them off, ratings drop, advertisers go elsewhere to spend their advertising dollars. That would hurt them more than getting some e-mails that no-one's going to read.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CoincidenceX

I agree, I thought FOX was classified as right-leaning... Maybe in the person who posted the original statement`s mind they are leftist... or maybe the just made a typo. Thats why I was asking for clarification because FOX and LEFT do not go together in my mind...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
It might help if, with what you recommend, people actuallywrote the companies en masse so that they knew they were losing business, which is what happened with a lot of Beck's and Limbaugh's sponsors some time ago. While they might see their sales and profits decrease, if they know people are actively boycotting, by the boycotters informing them, they would by more likely to change their sponsorships. Of course, you'd also have to inform Fox, so they would also know people are targeting their income.

That said, I personally make it a point to not buy products and services from both overly annoying advertisements as well as marketed goods and services in general, but that's just my rebellion against the invasive and annoying marketing aimed at the consumerist mentality.

For instance, if Geico were the only insurance company in the US, i would NEVER buy from them.

For that plan to work effectively it as to be a mass action.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Excellent idea, this.

However, I think I will start with MSNBC...if it works there, I will try Fox second.

That's fair, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
It might help if, with what you recommend, people actuallywrote the companies en masse so that they knew they were losing business, which is what happened with a lot of Beck's and Limbaugh's sponsors some time ago. While they might see their sales and profits decrease, if they know people are actively boycotting, by the boycotters informing them, they would by more likely to change their sponsorships. Of course, you'd also have to inform Fox, so they would also know people are targeting their income.

That said, I personally make it a point to not buy products and services from both overly annoying advertisements as well as marketed goods and services in general, but that's just my rebellion against the invasive and annoying marketing aimed at the consumerist mentality.

For that plan to work effectively it as to be a mass action.

That's why i wrote en masse (which someone conveniently underlined).

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

That will not hurt them.

On the contrary, advertisers pay based on ratings. If enough people turn them off, ratings drop, advertisers go elsewhere to spend their advertising dollars. That would hurt them more than getting some e-mails that no-one's going to read.

True, but the ratings system is a sham (and the ratings companies [Nielsen] and the media know this--yet they still use!). How many people either get polled, keep diaries, or have ratings boxes? In order to effectively track viewership, there has to be a more direct way that targets more than the ones who actively and loyally watch the shows.

I do think that the emails get read, generally; i have sent complaints across the board to different companies and stations, and i almost always receive a reply (not that my complaint makes a difference to them, though
), and they are not generic replies because they address my concerns directly.

new topics

top topics

join