It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Difference Between God, Spirit Guides and Malevolent Entities?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I see many times on ATS people posting they know the differences between God, Angels, and Spirits they contact, so how does one actually know or validate this?

It's funny how people from particular religious dogma's will instantly demonize people channeling, or contacts with spirit guides as false and evil entities, but when they pray to their particular God, Saint, or deity they are totally connected with goodness.

And the same goes for many non-religious people, they cry false entities as well when people from a particular faith state they talk to God, or God has answered their prayers.

It's funny how are society works, if you pray to something, some being or God, it's OK, but if you get an answer, from whatever you are seeking assistance from you are deemed a nutcase, needing immediate therapy, and not a normal person.

Is this something we know internally or with an extra sense perhaps?
edit on 23-2-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I agree, it's not easy to discern what it is you're talking to. I've grappled with that issue myself, and then I read the book "The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts" by Joe Fisher, a pretty harrowing book. After you read it, you will stay away from all channelers.

Here's the book in a nutshell: The author, a journalist, stumbled upon a group surrounding a channeling medium in Canada to write an article about them. Each member of the group had their own "spirit guide" that came through via the medium. The guides claimed they'd been previously incarnated humans and were now advanced beings to help their "guidees" with their spiritual advancement. Joe soon got hooked and became a member of the group. The guides told very detailed stories about their past lives, including places, jobs, names of colleagues and family members, etc.

Curious, Fisher traveled to Europe to check out the stories of the guides, but found to his amazement that while the names of colleagues, etc. often checked out and places, events and dates were correct, the guides themselves had never existed as persons. Back in Canada, he confronted the guides... and all hell broke loose. All of a sudden the loving, caring, spiritually advanced guides showed their true colors and started turning the other members of the group against him.

It's a very eerie tale, but the eeriest part is what I found on the Internet. I looked up Joe Fisher to see if he'd written other books or what had become of him, because at the end of "Hungry Ghosts," he said that months and years later, he still felt like he was being watched and stalked by those entities. Turns out one day he called his publisher saying again that he felt they were after him, and the next day he "jumped" off a cliff and died. (Or WAS jumped?)

I myself had a really bad experience with a Ouija board, whereupon I was haunted for months by something that apparently had come through. I got rid of it, but seven years later, the same haunting started up again... like this thing had just been dormant for a while, waiting for the right moment to attack me again.

I do pray to the Great Spirit, my angels and spirit guides, and I can always rely on them. I also often get responses -- sometimes in words, but more often through signs and synchronicities along the way. How I can tell they're "good"? Because they never let me down when I need them, and it's only about benevolent things and requests.

However, if you talk to entities and they are trying to make you talk to them more often, or tell you that you're special and have an important mission to fulfill, then you can bet they're the bad guys. Also, if you hear the sentence "Do this, and you can have ANYTHING YOU WANT," they're the bad guys.

In fact, if they try to make you do ANYTHING at all, they're the bad guys. God and your REAL angels and spirit guides don't want or need anything from you; they're only there to support you and provide guidance to show you the way. If you ask, "What should I do?" and you get a distinct answer, urging you to do a certain thing, they're the bad guys. There is no "should," really, only what's in your highest and best interest and that of all concerned.

I don't have all the answers, but it's at least something to start from.

[Mod Edit - replaced unnecessary quote with Reply To tab]
edit on 23/2/2011 by Sauron because: removed unnecessary quote

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Oh, and I forgot: if they want to come into your body and speak and act through you, they're the bad guys. Beware.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'm just looking at another ATS thread called "I met my spirit guides!" What a coincidence (well, I don't really believe in coincidence...). On page 1, there's a series of videos about "New Age Channeling Exposed" -- I'm watching right now; they seem to be pretty interesting. I once attended a session of J.Z. Knight channeling Ramtha; I had read one of her/his books and thought it would be fascinating. J.Z. seemed to be a nice woman and I got a good vibe from her... until she "turned" into Ramtha. After a few minutes of listening to him, I felt so sick to my stomach that I had to leave the room. It was not about what he said, it was his energy... it felt like pure evil to me, even though his words were all about love and light, yahdee-yah.

Here's the other thread: I met my spirit guides

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
There is no 'actual' negatives, it's just what each individual perceives, a barrier of issues they themselves can choose to face or continue to not face it. Even newly acclaimed spiritualists fall prey to the 'my belief is the only belief' way because its a new thing, they get so engtangled into it, its fascinating for them and they want to share it with all, but on everyone else's end, it looks just like preaching Christians. There's some that claim if you don't worship God, you go to hell and all guides are evil entities wanting your soul, others have found the meaning of loving themselves and act upon that.

To condense it, we're spiritual beings having human experiences. There is no good or bad, there's only what we perceive. No god or devil's actually going to TELL you where you should go, you make your own choice by simply thinking what you want to experience. We're all evolving, and to some, that's bound to look like the work of the devil. But really, it's all part of the whole, the growing pains. During the 'dark ages' like we're in now, it's just a state of growth but humans perceive it as the end of the world because we're still grasping ever so tightly onto our animalistic instincts. There is no malevolent entities. They're just what we perceive because we still have some perverted way of enjoying fear.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie

In fact, if they try to make you do ANYTHING at all, they're the bad guys. God and your REAL angels and spirit guides don't want or need anything from you; they're only there to support you and provide guidance to show you the way. If you ask, "What should I do?" and you get a distinct answer, urging you to do a certain thing, they're the bad guys. There is no "should," really, only what's in your highest and best interest and that of all concerned.

This is very interesting, thanks for your input.

This part of your response resonated with me.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The Christian message is that of liberation, of being set free for the sake of freedom to freely love as we are loved by a God of love who is also spirit and truth.

It's not like some entity or being or guardian angel, just a freed human being standing in the midst of eternity, enveloped and fully accepted with unconditional love.

There is no confusion there, unless.. we wish to address a universal controversy involving leadership, spiritual authority, rebellion against that authority, and the binding of the strong man. Once it's understood however, the degree to which this problem has already been resolved, then the liberation and empowerment is even greater, whereby any such entities are, if anything subjects having no power or authority in their own right, particularly in relation to a human being already liberated by God.

No particular being, that is not part of that love and will, has any place being involved in any way with a human being ie: it's none of their business.

May any malevolent beings or entities flee from us, so that in the space of freedom, and in God's eternal kindgom, we may be fully liberated, fully empowered and fully and authentically self expressed. Anything less is insulting and is at enmity against both God and man. Away with any such beings!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Are you saying that it has to do with the feeling of love and if not present we should be concerned?

Because there sure is allot of areas that are devoid of love, in this world.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

None of that junk-stuff is natural, and it's possible I suppose that bad politics might extend itself upwardly in terms of powers and principalities, and I suppose unsuspecting people could get caught up in the wrong net.

But yeah, there's an alignment with love, not love just as a feeling, but as a knowing, as an understanding, a way of being and of thinking, which is founded in truth and reality and even causation, as the way the real world really works.

If it helps, think of your physical self as a sphere of love, and then imagine that moving outwardly like a bubble capable of moving outside of your influence anything that isn't loving, where you, as love, are at cause, now that's in alignment with God as the inner AND outermost sphere of loving influence, and this is based on the idea that love rules the universe.

And when you say "world" it depends on what you really mean by that. I like to think of there being two worlds, one dead and dying and no longer useful or functional, which might start making even MORE noise as it thrashes around on the edge of the abyss.. and the other that of the new creation, which is coming, however fast or slow to replace it, as the "real world", the natural world, which for the human being is also natural and never an imposition upon the mind of natural man as we are.

The "world", our world, is also precisely what we make of it. Whoever we are inside and what we project, that's our world right there.

I spent years and almost brought myself to complete exhaustion, perhaps even death, trying to FIGHT and rail against the evils of the world, particularly in terms of the Bush Administration, 9/11 and what ensued thereafter. That work did help spawn a movement, and Rodolf Guiliani never did manage to become POTUS on the backs of the 9/11 victims, but all in all, what I learned from that whole episode of insanity, is how insane it is to think we can fight AGAINST evil. At some level, that's not helpful, or maybe it is, but only to a point.

Best to just ignore altogether that world you speak of, it's not natural, and is fatally flawed right out of the gate, it's not even congruent with reality itself, not the way we are beginning to come to understand it, although the ancients seemed to know all about it.

Our "job" ought to be to help bring in the new world and see, even if only for ourselves, the "re-enchantment of the cosmos". That's helpful.

"Normal" people will call us crazy and "new agers" and worse, but who cares, in turth they're just simpletons who were trained by a dead and dying civilization, and if they are against what I'm for, then I can tell you that me and they have absolutely nothing in common that's for sure, and in time they'll see and recognize the work that some of us have been doing, to help hold open a gateway for everyone's liberation.

edit on 23-2-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

While I agree with most of your analysis, the fact is God and guides do need something from you. They need you to get off your butt out of your comfort zone evolving adapting creating

I remember as I child I would work out my day with my angels (that's what I called them) It was like a negotiate they needed things as I did. And my day went according to everyones input.

Then eventually the world continued accordingly while I did my own thing not as connected. Good does not always mean docile agreeable and under control. Good is unconditional love and the mess that comes with it.

These entities are good if

1)They are always there for you
2)They tell you the proven truth like it or not
3)Can read your exact thoughts

At least that is my experience.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneLife
There is no malevolent entities. They're just what we perceive because we still have some perverted way of enjoying fear.

I beg to differ -- you just haven't seen or experienced any, so you assume they're not real. Big mistake.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
i can tell you what they all have in common, they're all make believe

no but seriously, what makes superstitious people so special? i have never seen a ghost, talked to god or had a bad experience with a Ouija board.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

I've never seen a Nazi. Therefore those who believe in Nazis are delusional.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

There's only 'evil entities' because it's what each individual perceives as. If one perceieves an evil entity, there's an underlying issue of some sort, or blockage affecting them. There is no actual demons or malevolent etc. It is there because that individual PERCEIVES it to be. It's blockage. I'm not sure how you'll take that as but we're just different states of mind.

And 'beings channeling through you' would be your higher self 'talking' to you. Lots of people mix it up though thinking it as a different entity as it's a whole new experience, whole new leap to even process.

I'll try to explain the best I can. Take George Kavasillas for example. He perceives he saw literal reptilians and all that. It's not my place to deny that, but in actuality it what his reptilian side of the brain that perceieved that. You have to look at the underlying rather then the physical. If one sees negative entities, it's more then likely blockage in self.

top topics

join