It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some symbology help

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I saw this symbol on a tshirt in a music video and couldn't quite figure out its origin or if it was just something strung together for popculture trendiness' sake. I don't want to debate whether or not such and such is in whateverthewillyou. I am just interested in the symbol.
Thanks for your help! If this is in the wrong forum please let me know.

I had to take a screencap and use Paint, so sorry for the bad quality no PS on this computer
!!! I gave a few magnifications and flipped it over to show different possibilities. ACK. First pic got chopped up because it was too big. I posted a second pic of the rightmost area.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1817a739bbf.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f4ff0fafee1.jpg[/atsimg]

-------

The music video is "Welcome to my Hood" by DJ Khaled and T-Pain and this shot was take from 4:45 in. Here is the music video in case you need more reference:

edit on 23-2-2011 by donatellanator because: mooore

edit on 23-2-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
type pentacle into google...

2nd

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Yes. Pentacle. I know what that is, but the letters..any information on that specifically? And the way the pentacle is formed...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I can only comment on what you already know in all likelyhood in regards the 5 pointed star and its use in occult symbolism for the constitution of man as well as the center foundation for both the pentacle and pentagram respectively. In some systems sacred geometric symbols are used to cipher circular codes etc..

In my opinion this is just more... more then likely superficial borrowing from systems that are barely understood by the bozos in Hollywood and big music like Gaga, Beyonce and Rihanna. To add to their questionable auras by virtue of association with something other people hold in awe, or intrigue.

Perhaps if we had more to go on we could figure out their intent...
edit on 23-2-2011 by Shadowfoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowfoot

In my opinion this is just more... more then likely superficial borrowing from systems that are barely understood by the bozos in Hollywood and big music like Gaga, Beyonce and Rihanna. To add to their questionable auras by virtue of association with something other people hold in awe, or intrigue.

I think so too. I just am interested every time I see one of these pop up. I want to know what they all mean... if that's even possible.
Maybe someone will see this and know if the letters have a specific meaning/intent.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This is all I could find after a minute or two. It's a hugieia pentagram

wapedia.mobi...

Can you tell what the other letters are in the video/picture?

It could also be similar to this

4.bp.blogspot.com...
edit on 23-2-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I can only comment on what you already know in all likelyhood in regards the 5 pointed star and its use in occult symbolism for the constitution of man as well as the center foundation for both the pentacle and pentagram respectively. In some systems sacred geometric symbols are used to cipher circular codes etc..

edit on 23-2-2011 by Shadowfoot because: (no reason given)

i dont know, what the hell your talking about...

here you go op...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Don't understand what they are talking about? Why it's in your link to me.

Here is the picture that describes the 5 points of man--OK NEVERMIND. ATS refuses to link this because of how wiki did it. Just scroll down to see the picture of a man in the pentacle.

Thanks for the link through... I was more wondering what specifically the letters meant. I have knowledge of the pentacle.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

I sadly can't read them. I am wagering this is just someone's initials or logo mixed in with symbols they don't understand.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

LOL yes Im sure you dont know what Im talking about, based on the source material you reference. There are these things I use for sources...they come in things called "bindings" and between these "bindings" there are these things called pages. All together they are refered to as "books". There are inner schools (esoteric, and there are outer schools exoteric) hey thanks for the exoteric link...I'll check it out after I finish playing with my blocks.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

LOL yes Im sure you dont know what Im talking about, based on the source material you reference. There are these things I use for sources...they come in things called "bindings" and between these "bindings" there are these things called pages. All together they are refered to as "books". There are inner schools (esoteric, and there are outer schools exoteric) hey thanks for the exoteric link...I'll check it out after I finish playing with my blocks.

Hey, no need to be mean. We all have to start somewhere...
I am thinking you are right though... why would an older symbol have English letters? Doesn't make sense. Almost positive this is BS-teric.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Moorish Science Temple most likely.

I've not investigated the Moorish Science Temple enough to say whether or not the Moorish Science Temple of Noble Drew Ali was originally a positive movement or not. However, the inverted pentagram is used by some Moorish Lodges (but not all Moorish Lodges, as far as I'm aware); and the inverted pentagram is negative, and no positive lodge would utilize it.

The Moroccan flag has the Upright Pentagram:

Arcanum 21 - (Transcription)

A few lectures back, we discussed the arcanum sixteen. The arcanum sixteen illustrates a fulminated tower or the state of the fallen man, and in that graphic, we see initiates who have fallen from grace; they are symbolized by inverted pentagrams. In truth, this same symbol of the inverted pentagram is also a symbol of the arcanum twenty-one, because twenty-one also has a duality of fallen and arisen. The inverted pentagram is an upside down man, a man who has fallen into the path of death, and an upright pentagram or star represents an upright man, a man who stands on his feet, the warrior. So here we see the first indication of how this twenty-first arcanum can become confusing.

In the process of receiving visions or performing divinations, we can be given the answer “twenty-one” or be shown this image of the twenty-first Arcanum; then we have to determine whether the answer is the warrior or the fool.

And speaking of Hip-Hop and/or rap artists, Mos Def is a member of the Moorish Science Temple too.

edit on 23-2-2011 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

Moorish Science Temple most likely.
Yeah, I was thinking either that or the 5% Nation, but I wasn't able to find any photos to support either guess, at least in my limited Google searching.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Even though the Nation of Gods and Earths is influenced by the Moorish Science Temple, the Gods and Earths do not usually wear Fez's. And I've never seen members of the Gods and Earths wear or utilize a inverted pentagram either.

Here's a interesting picture of the DJ/Producer Armand Van Helden:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Looks a lot like a Gangster Disciples mark a gang out of Chicago to me.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Khonsu
The interesting thing with Street gangs is that the original ones, ALKN, BGDN, BPSN, etc. arose during the 60's in response to the oppression and injustices that minority communities were facing at the hands of the city, police and government. Initially they protected the community, ran after school and community programs, helped in the upkeep of the community and even instructed members in some of the ancient knowledge and teachings that had made its way to america via Nobel Drew Ali and the Moorish Science Temple of America.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

I think you hit the nail on the head! This is definitely the same symbol. Thanks for your help. I don't know much about the validity of the organization either. I know that there is a small sect of racists in the more fundamentalist corner. I've seen them on the streetside.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator

I apologize I shouldn't of let our friends comment cause a reaction.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I love your signature quote. I agree with it as much as one can! I must read this book now. Thanks!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

!!!! How kind of you to apologize.. to be honest that made my day--everyone I've encountered today has been so cranky it seems!!! I am impressed with the replies from everyone on this post.

Can anyone recommend a good book on symbols to acquire? Most of the ones I know I store in the ol' noggin...for the safest keeping
Exoteric works would be neat too! I love to read and research so any clues would be most appreciated

And if anyone ever needs help researching or archiving hit me up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join