It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivorian troops kill protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Ivorian troops kill protesters

english.aljazeera.net

n the Koumassi district, residents said soldiers fired on protesters from machine-guns mounted on military vehicles on Monday.

At least three demonstrators were killed, Djate Traore, a Koumassi resident, said.

Three other people were reportedly killed and 14 wounded in the city's Treichville neighbourhood, an official at the mayor's office said, adding that he saw the dead and helped evacuate the wounded to a clinic.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.zi mbabwemetro.com

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
You'd think that after all the drama Laurent Gbagbo has caused over the past few months the U.N and AU would have a stronger stance against the president. What will it take before changes are made in this country?! Alassane Ouattara seems to have much of the public support and has declared himself the president but neither party will talk with eachother. Additional links included.

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Looks like he plans to hold onto power no mater what. It's likely to get worse before it gets better.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

Nice link! Yeah I'm definitely afraid its going to get A LOT worse before better. He seems just as crazy as Gadaffi! I hope the AU can do something constructive but I'm not sure what talks would even do. Its not encouraging to see that Anadarko is pulling out of the country either. The world is in SHAMBLES!
www.zimbabwemetro.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Come on, get the B-2s out and bomb the dictators palaces already all over Africa and the middle-east. I bet you can do it America.

For once, be a good superpower imperialist empire, help the little people.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
He'll be able to do whatever he wants so long as he keeps the oil flowin. The moment he threatens to blow up pipelines, he needs to start looking over his shoulder.

new topics

top topics

join