It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people cruel to each other?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lunartik
People are cruel because of chem trails.
The filth that they spray out of those planes is actually a solution that is designed to allow demons to enter into people.
If it lands upon you, it leaves you open. Soon after you will become cruel as the demons take possession of your soul.

Who was spraying out chemtrails during the Crusades? lol

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

My life conviced me that I am right. I am saying truth, and absolute truth.
COME ON GUYS, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO KEEP HURTING MY FEELINGS?
well, not you exactly, I am talking to random people from my life
edit on 23-2-2011 by Farnhold because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I guess our society is badly constructed and our lives are too detached from what should be. Perhaps some people react badly to such a thing.

And I think if those kids were to earn their own dinner they wouldn't have time for such "activities"

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Jog with music...whether you're actually listening to it or nothing is up to you - but outwardly you look distracted and focused and therefore why bother to insult you in the first place ?

I really loathe bullys whichever form they take - know this... they seek shelter in groups because they cannot rise up alone , YOU exist in your right doing no harm presumably to a.n.other , YOU are an individual capable of rising above this because only people of low self-esteem attack others . Be strong mentally - all the people who bullied me ended up under - achieving in many ways , and no, I don't get a kick out of that, but the herd mentality of bullying is not always the strongest !

As for the internet slur - pfft - hurtful but cowardly in their anonymity. Breathe ...rise above.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Thousands of years ago when humans were apes, one race of them in particular was 'top dog' in higher up terms and given the starting of spiritual genes. When you look at the world in whole with the ego perspective, you see that lions brutally devour gazelles, cougars attack game, and humans are just evolved animals. But when not, you see that this is progression to becoming more spiritually active. Yes it's a long process but if it was lickety split, how would any of us appreciate it? When not looking at the world with the ego, nature's actually quite complex and oh so beautiful. Everything fits. Everything that happens, just happens. That big bad lion is no longer the devil chasing the gazelle but a part of nature, taking another part of nature's energy so it can perform it's needed task. It was running low on what it needed to do, so nature offered the lion something to 'boost it' to give something in return before it returned to Mother Earth to advance itself.

Man still acts upon animalistic instinct, it's just more advanced. Now a days, more and more are seeing their own actions, getting a double take and see that there's more then what we see, hence Jesus and all others named and unnamed alike. Others yell slurs at others seemingly maliciously like the lion kills the gazelle but look at it bigger. They themselves are going through those same problems, just theirs is overflowing verbally. They still heavily rely upon their own instincts with what they see and hear, and who's to say that's wrong?

Humanity's just advancing. Some would consider it a great time to be in, but isn't every time great to be in? Doesn't everyone say specific moments are a great time to be living, when every second is in fact a great time.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

Wow, great post. Yeah, it definitely seems like humanity is evolving, and becoming more mature so to speak. Makes you wonder if 2012 is when we turn it all around.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I liked the comment of running with music. If they see you have ear phones on they won't put forth an effort if they see you won't hear them.

People who do these things usually have a low sense of self worth or self esteem issues. This is their way of self medicating to cover up their own misgivings. If anything you should feel sorry for them, they think this is an enjoyable past time and truth be know, if they don't have anything else better to do, then their lives are pretty miserable.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

You will have to deal with jerks your whole life from one extent to another. I'm not saying get used to it, but learn to let what doesn't matter role off your back and learn to stand up for your self when you need to. For example, like when those guys called you another word for homosexual. Why do you care what they think? You said you don't even know them, so their opinion shouldn't matter enough to you to hurt your feelings. Don't give away your power so easily.

Also, excellent idea to whom ever said earphones.
edit on 2/27/2011 by MadameAquarienne because: Gave kudos to earphone idea.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
People are cruel to each other because people are also nice to each other. That is the yin yang of life.
However, if you want to switch yourself to an Earth where this negativity doesn't take place, simply refuse to put a negative meaning to circumstances. Why should you feel sad or angry? Do you like to? No? Then don't!

No circumstance has built in meaning, you apply it meaning. You can still decide to start giving every situation positive meaning and cut off all potential emotive responses that you do not prefer. That way you will feel happy, no matter what others feel.

You might choose to test yourself with even more expanded negativity after changing your belief systems, but when you've proven yourself above these negative energies by responding differently, you will start to see things changing. Drop all expectations though, simply feel happy because you want to.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hi, I agree with almost every word you wrote there. It baffles me too and not just on personal scale, but how deeply such behavior is rooted in our everyday life and more prolonged structures of various governing assets.

I would like to add, as opposed to some of the already given comments on this topic, that survival of the fittest and related subjects are not a solution and are merely outdated excuses in my view, which won't change anything at this rate of acceptance.

Much larger changes need to be implemented, on different levels in our environment if we want to see a positive progress in our manner of progression through time as species in psychological and social views.

A way for everyone to at least make an effort to change their and perhaps global approach in this sense, would in my view consist of firstly paying attention to your inner self, that is to say feelings, thoughts and manifestations of spent energy in their surroundings.

As a partial solution I would like to offer you just that stated above, and keep serene by knowing that your consciousness is clean and you are in fact making progress of global importance by keeping it so. I would advise to establish your values and keep them strong, not only by being diplomatic when forced to deal with such destructively masochistic empty heads, but also when dealing with forms of seduction and temptation while knowing that a different choice than your heart tells you, could result in perhaps a global catastrophe if everyone would make them.

To break it down for more general and perhaps differently oriented public it all may sound very unoriginal: Listen to your heart and enjoy doing so, keep an emotionally balanced lifestyle and know that most assets in our daily life are constantly altered by your own mindset and approach. Live for what you like and believe what your heart tells you to, without loosing that valuable twitch of diplomacy when dealing with everything outside of your inner, indestructible core.

As Rudolf Steiner put it: evil is merely lack of good (something like a + & -), so if one knows how, using good to annihilate bad is not just easy, but is the only way to fight evil.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

I partly agree with this.. but people do it unconsciously. They don't think that far. I mean, not everyone is a magician, or even analyzes that much.

It's mostly about ingnorance, inexperience and the inability to sympathize. When they get blasted off well once in their life, they'll learn. People like this need to learn by the hard way how it feels like to be the victim. Then they'll stop.

Pretty simple, really. I try not to hurt people. What you do to others you eventually do to yourself. That's a wiccan rule BTW, even if the J-dude said so.
edit on 27/2/2011 by Tryptych because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Its all about envy and jealousy, two of the most pathetic emotions of all time. Many people envy those who still have thier "innocence" as their "innocence" was taken away from them at a young age... Anyway, my friend who also goes for runs experienced a similar thing, only that it was at a traffic light, so he went up to thier window and yelled "GET F*CK*D" at the top of his lungs... He said they were as white as ghosts and drove off silently.
edit on 27-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
Its all about envy and jealousy, two of the most pathetic emotions of all time. Many people envy those who still have thier "innocence" as their "innocence" was taken away from them at a young age... Anyway, my friend who also goes for runs experienced a similar thing, only that it was at a traffic light, so he went up to thier window and yelled "GET F*CK*D" at the top of his lungs... He said they were as white as ghosts and drove off silently.

So you think they might be subconsciously jealous that i can run or something? I'm trying to understand what you mean by the "innocence" thing.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

It is called the superiority complex, and when someone feels superior to others, they forget that everyone has feelings. Then we have those who are narcissistic. Those type of people do not even have the ability to empathize with others. They have no concept, or if they do they do not care how their actions may cause others pain, and in actuality, many narcissists get off on hurting others.

Here is a good book for you to hunt down and read Queen Bees and Wannabes by Rosaland Wiseman, she has quite a few books that would be helpful.

Sigh, and in regards to what one poster said, please don't allow another person to tell you what you "should" or "should not" feel. If you feel something, then that is what you feel period.

We give people all kinds of excuses for why they are mean to others, such as they are having a hard time at work/school, their dog died, their car broke down, etc etc, NONE of those excuses are "good enough" excuses.

Good Luck
Harm None
Peace

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

"The Celestine Prophecy" because even though it is only Fiction, it describes perfectly the four tactics used and how energy is fought over, etc. Well worth the read for an Insight into human dynamics.

That book changed my whole way of looking at things.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Intresting concept, I wonder how to get more energy without hurting others ?
I tend to agree with you that we are energy on the inside, I feel as I lost alot of energy.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Scientists prove it really is a thin line between love and hate

I remember reading this scientific study a long time ago.

Love and hate are intimately linked within the human brain, according to a study that has discovered the biological basis for the two most intense emotions.

Scientists studying the physical nature of hate have found that some of the nervous circuits in the brain responsible for it are the same as those that are used during the feeling of romantic love – although love and hate appear to be polar opposites.

A study using a brain scanner to investigate the neural circuits that become active when people look at a photograph of someone they say they hate has found that the "hate circuit" shares something in common with the love circuit.

The findings could explain why both hate and romantic love can result in similar acts of extreme behaviour – both heroic and evil – said Professor Semir Zeki of University College London, who led the study published in the on-line journal PloS ONE.

"Hate is often considered to be an evil passion that should, in a better world, be tamed, controlled and eradicated. Yet to the biologist, hate is a passion that is of equal interest to love," Professor Zeki said.

"Previous studies have suggested that the insula may be involved in responses to distressing stimuli, and the viewing of both a loved and a hated face may constitute such a distressing signal."

One major difference between love and hate appears to be in the fact that large parts of the cerebral cortex – associated with judgement and reasoning – become de-activated during love, whereas only a small area is deactivated in hate.

"This may seem surprising since hate can also be an all-consuming passion like love. But whereas in romantic love, the lover is often less critical and judgemental regarding the loved person, it is more likely that in the context of hate the hater may want to exercise judgement in calculating moves to harm, injure or otherwise exact revenge," Professor Zeki said.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I remember when I was homeless and staying in a motel temporarily, near an uppermiddleclass suburb, while I was trying to hold onto a job I had gotten. One night, there were these strange----looking people just standing still in front of my door as I pulled up in my car, they were just staring at me. Across the street was a payphone. (I did not own a cellphone yet.) I stood at the payphone to call the police and ask them if they could see what those indviiduals wanted. (So I could safely get into my room.) Suddenly, and expensive looking black shiney sports car came racing up by me, with a bunch of young men in it (late high school early college) and they sprayed a liquid at me from toy plastic waterguns. I don't know what it was but it seemed like normal water.
They found this hilarious.
You in this thread who theorize that these types have "low self esteem" or their own hard lives, are opposite of the truth. The truth about 'humans' like that is the area of their brains called the amygdala hypocampus. Psychopaths have been studied by scientists, and people with no ---empathy--- have DIFFERENT brains.
Here is a link for you. I merely put 'psychopaths' in the ATS search feature. this is what I came up with, it is a LOT of good information.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am a good and empathic person who had very low self esteem for a long time. I was not cruel to others, but I got cr***d-on by some sociopaths who were entitled narcissists in love with themselves.
edit on 27-2-2011 by simone50m because: spell-correct.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm

Originally posted by Farnhold
Why? Because thats who we are. Evil, mean, fuacked up species.
Thats why I hate us. I wish I was never born as a human

Come on Farnhold! We can be better than that! We just (as a society and species) have to believe that

SnF (This has the potential of becoming a good thread)
edit on 23-2-2011 by AeonStorm because: added + snf

If you look into an animals eyes they are clear and bright.
If you look into a humans eyes they are clouded and dull.
Animals and small children exist in a natural state of bliss.
Most humans are spiritually lower than animals.
edit on 27-2-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

What kind of "love" are you talking about? Sexual love? That is not love.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join