It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuba Registers World´s First Vaccine against Lung Cancer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Ha ha ha so much for the USA leading the way in innovation!

And so now why do we pay so much money for such crap health care and R & D when a third world country has beat us in the cancer prevention front?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

I have heard in the Cuban radio that they have cures and vaccines for many diseases that we (U.S.) do not have and they ask them selves, why the U.S. doesn't give these to its people

That's a wonderful question why don't we? I'm sure the other posters here are right..it boils down to pure greed and a total lack of compassion for patients. I have a friend who said to me a long time ago "life is cheap in the 3rd world"
well I wonder where that leaves us here in the US? Because the way people are treated whether sick or in prefect health is just like that.."life is cheap"

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
WAIT! Hold the phone!!!! OMG I just realized If I go to Cuba...I can get the vaccine and never get lung cancer!!!! I could smoke forever and it would not make a difference!!!! I wonder will I still be discriminated as a job seeker if I wrote I smoke cigarettes but have had the vaccine along with the proof from the physician in Cuba??? Oh the possibilities!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I don't know but I would bet 10$ that we have a vaccine for cancer right now..but like everyone said, no money in curing or preventing just therapy..

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I sympathize with those who have lost those close to them from cancer, it is indeed a horrible thing.

A very very close friend of mine had leukemia when he was in high school, and it came back a few years ago. The first time he had chemo and the second time radiation.

While I would agree there are situations where such treatments can do more harm than good, in the case of my friend he would not be alive today without such treatments. Almost 10 years since he first found out he had it, and he is still up and about carrying on a pretty much normal life. These treatments do good for some people, and that should not be ignored.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I am so glad your friend survived and yes sometimes treatment is good thing, I'm happy at least that option was available to him. But I think we can do better and prevent all cancers..it seems this is the path that research is on in other countries and at least Cuba is having some success. I hope he is doing well now love and light

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by itscocobaby
reply to post by ldyserenity

I don't know but I would bet 10$ that we have a vaccine for cancer right now..but like everyone said, no money in curing or preventing just therapy..

It would be nigh on impossible to have a cure-all cancer vaccine, since cancer cells are in fact your own cells. The have a few metabolic differences, which may be and are exploited via chemotheraputic drugs, but you cannot create a vaccine to target them. The reason is simply because cancerous cells still have the ability to encode all the same proteins, etc. as every other cell in your body. If you design a vaccine against one of those proteins or other such molecule, you would find your immune system might start to attack other cells in your body that express the same protein/use the same compound. It would not work on account of the massive long term affects. What does work in terms of anti-cancer vaccines are the vaccines (and they do exist) that target various viruses, etc. that can cause cancers. The cervical cancer vaccine is a great example of this.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
WAIT! Hold the phone!!!! OMG I just realized If I go to Cuba...I can get the vaccine and never get lung cancer!!!! I could smoke forever and it would not make a difference!!!! I wonder will I still be discriminated as a job seeker if I wrote I smoke cigarettes but have had the vaccine along with the proof from the physician in Cuba??? Oh the possibilities!

Except that this doesn't sound like a vaccine in the normal sense you think of one - it helps to treat the cancer after you have it, not necessarily prevent it.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

If America has not invented it then it is not real.

Cuba is a backwards third world country.They can't even feed themselves.They can be easily be invaded.

They are very poor.Poor people are very busy peoplelooking for something to eat.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

If America has not invented it then it is not real.

Are you an expert on Cuba?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

It is all snake oil .cancer cures will be found by americans in mega million dollar labs not in 3rd world hovels.

americans landed on the moon.we landed on the moon and we played golf on the moon.
no other country has done that.

we are unique.

we are progressive.we are advanced.we will conqur the stars.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Think of all the world billionaires out there. Everytime I see an oil company founder/ceo on TV they looks like they are 100+ years old. I am sure some of these guys have their own research lab sized staffs working just to keep them alive. Even if public funding hasn't cured cancer yet(Which I doubt), I am sure private funding has.

With regards to cancer treatments I competely agree, the cure hasnt been released because they want patients to keep paying $$$ for the rest of their lives.

It reminds me of the all the failed alternative energies. If we have unlimitted energy then we wouldn't need to pay for oil, and that would be alot of money lost that they aren't willing to accept. Permanent solutions are not profitable, they have to milk every last cent out of a consumer.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by centrifugal

Even if public funding hasn't cured cancer yet(Which I doubt), I am sure private funding has.

I agree with you and you can bet your bottom dollar that's precisely the reason those rich people seem to live forever. They get all the best treatments all the and newest drugs and premo preventive medicine that the rest of us poor smucks will never get. Cheers coco

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

Are you for real?

So no one else... anywhere in the world..can come up with something new? or care about people? or find cures for diseases or viruses? to bad you feel this way beckybecky I'm quite their are doctors in other countries looking for cures and finding them...everyday.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join