It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Trail Research Report
This report is the result of research into the science of contrail formation and an analysis by observation and measurement of contrail persistence. This research was inspired by the claims of an unnatural type of trail known as Chemtrails as an attempt to detect such trails.
For several years the existence of an unusual type of aerial activity has been reported, generally termed Chemtrails. Chemtrails are purported to differ from typical contrails in their high degree of persistence and subsequent spreading, as if a substance had been released. The purpose, effects and existence of these so-called Chemtrails are widely debated, however essentially there is a claim made by many that they are witnessing something out of the ordinary, beyond an ordinary contrail. Chemtrails are also said to sometimes differ in their configuration from contrails, as they are supposedly not about getting from point A to point B, but, rather, dispersing some type of substance.
The unidentifiable flights that are of special interest in this study have been observed to produce two distinct categories of trails. On multiple occasions these two categories of trails have been observed to occur emanating from the same aircraft. The following photos give a visual representation of these two categories:
12/8/00 1:00pm, Houston, TX: Unidentifiable Jet Leaves Highly Persistent Trail Strip and Contrail.
What are Contrails?
Streaks of condensed water vapor created in the air by jet airplanes at high altitudes. (Merriam-Websters)
Streamer of cloud sometimes observed behind an airplane flying in clear, cold, humid air. (Encyclopaedia Britannica)
A visible cloud streak, usually brilliantly white in color, which trails behind a missile or other vehicle in flight under certain conditions. (DOD Dictionary of Military Terms)
Contrails can exist in two forms: water droplet and ice crystal.
SOLAR RADIATION MANAGEMENT - SRM
SRM is a geoengineering technique being discussed by the U.S. government as a global solution to global warming. It reflects Sunlight away from the Earth by hazing the Sky with aerosols such as sulfur dioxide or aluminum oxide.
THIS CHEMICAL HAZE DIMS THE SUN
Solar Radiation Management is a very bad idea because it:
* reduces direct sunlight which is vital to fundamental life processes such as photosynthesis
* lessens the public will to address climate change with low-tech common sense solutions
* compromises physical and mental health (vitamin D deficiency, depression, asthma)
* causes continued ocean acidification from CO2
* further depletes ozone
* increases dangerous ultraviolet radiation
* increases diffuse radiation, making the sky less blue
* increases diffuse radiation, decreasing solar power production
* risks potential for military use
* affects local and global weather systems
* risks much more rapid global warming, if discontinued
* puts permanent pollution above astronomers’ telescopes
* assures there will be human error with sophisticated technical systems
* assures there will be unexpected consequences