It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Believe In Soulmates?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Oedipus Complex much?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

haha, I remember when I was very young I used to say that I was going to marry my mother...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

I think it's abnormal if you don't.
Could be the beginning of mommy-issues.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Do You Believe In Soulmates?

I have no clue really, sounds like it can be a good thing, or a bad thing, but either way sounds like a pain in the assimilation, since it wont let me spell ass, or not. Plus like others have said there is work involved, and I hate work. But anyways before I would believe in soulmates, I would have to believe in souls first, and I ain't to sure that they exist. Besides I thought we were all made of meet, and are some sort of walking, talking, meatcreatures, like this thread says.
Linky

Aren't you all getting ahead of yourselves, by believing in soulmates when I'm pretty sure most don't believe in such things as souls.
Whats the definition for a soul anyways? And if it exists really I think such things are random in nature, and just a game, so who is throwing the dice? Thats what I would like to know. Well that and, are the dice loaded?
edit on 25-2-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: or not.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Myollinir

I like to think that she is out there waiting to be discovered or I may have found her already but don't yet realize it. Either way I believe there is such a thing but I guess it depends on the connection that you have with them.

edit on 7-3-2011 by Stop-loss! because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Soulmates are forged over a very long period of time, in that respect, anyone can be your soulmate.
edit on 7-3-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
No such thing as a "soulmate"

People who subscribe to such nonsense are going to have problems with relationships. Relationships are complex enough without complicating things with mystical concepts. There are people you'll be more compatible with than others, that's all. There are no souls. Just mates.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

I subscribe to what you claim is "nonsense" and it feels pretty good thus far. I'm not naive enough to think that I've actually found a soulmate, nor can I claim they actually exist (neither am I naive enough to deny that they exist outright, I just couldn't bring myself to be that close-minded), but at times it just really does feel like I'm dealing with an extension of me in a different gender.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearMitochondria
it feels pretty good thus far.
it just really does feel like

I'm glad you feel like you're having a good time. You now have the task of proving that there are "souls" that can "mate", which apparently you've based upon the feelings you get from interacting with your sexual partners.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Soulmates do exist.

The sexes are entirely different though on every level.

Soulmates are the unification of opposites.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I never really put much stock in the soul mate thing until I had some dreams.

1st dream - I was in the passenger seat of a car, foggy all around - all I saw in the dream was me, the car, the road, and the driver. It felt like we were on a bridge, like the Golden Gate, but so foggy you couldn't see 50 ft in any direction. I remember feeling incredibly sad. I was actually sobbing. I had my head rested on the console between the seats and I looked up and saw a pretty blond driving the car. I had this overwhelming feeling that I knew her forever and that she wanted to console me, but she was restraining herself. As if she were forbidden to interact with me.

2nd dream - It was past dusk, but not completely dark. I walk into a house where all the lights are off and there's only a faint ambiance from the setting sun coming through the window. There was a girl there. I "knew" her. I went to give her a hug but she again just stood there as if she wasn't allowed to interact with me.

3rd dream - I was waiting in line to buy a ticket to get into a zoo or theme park of sorts. A girl comes over and starts small-talking with me smiling, very casual. Something clicked and I knew this was the same girl from before. As soon as I had that "IT'S YOU" thought and got excited, the smile faded from her face and she just bolted away.

Each time she looked a little different, but the "vibe" I got from her was always the same.

Logic and reason tell me these are probably just broken subconscious pieces of my personality that I need to work on.

The metaphysical side of me considers this: I have never felt more love for ANYTHING in my life than I did for the girl in those dreams, and I'm very happily married with 2 kids. It does make me wonder if there's "someone" on the other side that I'm just waiting to meet back up with. Maybe she didn't interact with me so as not to distract me from any relationship I would have in this life.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Hi,
I live in Alaska.
Yes I believe in soul-mates. every one comes in this world with his /her soul mate , the only thing is that we have to put an effort to find one. Well we date many people till we find that particular person with whom we want to spend our whole life.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join