It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote Viewing, please someone answer my question.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I have been interested in the 'borderlands' of our human condition, for most of my life.

I can accept the reality of many things deemed strange. or even paranormal.

One aspect of life which literally keeps me awake at night , is pondering the phenomena of Remote Viewing.

Now, I imagine that most of you will be aware of Remote Viewing to some degree.

I trawl the internet and books, and see opinions and arguments on both sides - some say it is a real and workable skill, whilst some dismiss it as vague trickery.

Please, someone tell me, is it real, does it work???

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

I'm not saying there's not, or is, anything to it, but if someone on here tells you there is, ask them to prove it and propose an experiment.

The modern association of 'remote viewing' stems from within Scientology and make good search terms together. Peace.

edit on 23-2-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I've heard about a blind woman who was used by the government to get intel for them. They tested her by asking her to read numbers off the side of a satellite, which she was able to do. Can't remember where I saw it. Some documentary I think. I'll try to find a link to some info about it.

Edit: Apparently she wasn't blind, just doing blind and double-blind studies. Her name was Rosemary Smith. Here's a link with some info about her and remote viewing stuff with the government.
eteponge.blogspot.com...
edit on 23-2-2011 by scojak because: more info

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

The US army had a remote viewing unit which allegedly had some notable successes. I'd suggest that would probably answer some of your questions if you Google it.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Here's the wikipedia link link

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Here's one discussion on this topic which you may find helpful:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
There's evidence going both ways. The jury is still out, and I'm not sure anyone can (or should) claim with any certainy that it's real or not.

Personally, I believe in extra-sensory perception, but that's just based on my own experiences. I have performed a few semi-scientific remote viewing experiments with some friends, with mixed results. I suggest you develop your own experiments based on the existing research if you really want to work toward discovering the truth.

As an aside, check out this book if you're not already familiar with it and want to go on a wild ride regarding remote viewing. Definitely ATS-worthy material.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Please search and read about Ingo Swan. He was the best remote viewer and used by the Americans to check activity on the moon.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I read an article awhile ago on Coast to Coast on how to find out if you're a candidate for remote viewing. It's an easy experiment which I tried with my family years ago. If you're interested on doing the experiment here it is...

-You take a number of envelopes based upon the number of people you're going to try this experiment with.

-Insert a photograph of something (an object, a person wearing a costume, an animal etc...) from a magazine in each envelope. (Fold a sheet of paper around the photo so the person can't see through the envelope).

-Next give an envelope to each person sitting around a table and ask them to concentrate on the photo inside the envelope.

-When they feel they know what the photo is, have them write their name and their description of the photo on the envelope.

-Once all the envelopes are collected, open them up to see how accurate their description was.

If anyone was available to identify the image, they're supposedly a good candidate to learn remote viewing. When I did this, my son had an image in his mind of a Santa hat. The photo in his envelope was a women wearing a Santa hat! A few others were a stretch, but we were all surprise at my son's answer. And he was only about 11 years old at the time. We had a great conversation afterwords. It's a fun thing to do at a party especially after having a few bears with friends. You can probably guess what some of the crazy responses we get.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onet Wosix
I have been interested in the 'borderlands' of our human condition, for most of my life.

I can accept the reality of many things deemed strange. or even paranormal.

One aspect of life which literally keeps me awake at night , is pondering the phenomena of Remote Viewing.

Now, I imagine that most of you will be aware of Remote Viewing to some degree.

I trawl the internet and books, and see opinions and arguments on both sides - some say it is a real and workable skill, whilst some dismiss it as vague trickery.

Please, someone tell me, is it real, does it work???

I too have been interested in the borderlands of human experience for most of my life and have taken an interest in remote viewing. You can read and research forever but all the information that you gather is only ever going to be second hand, and there is only one way to become truly convinced and that is to try it yourself. I did, and I am now convinced that it does work - I don't believe the skill is capable of being developed to sufficient degree to be an effective intelligence-gathering tool for military purposes, but it is real and it does work.

There is a tool on this guy's website called 'target monkey' that you can use to try it out:
www.remoteviewed.com...
Click on the link there for a set of coordinates, email them to yourself - do your remote viewing, then use the coordinates that you emailed to yourself to find out what your target was.
Expect to have to do a bit of practice before you have much consistent success, although you may get a bit of 'beginner's luck' the first time or two - apparently this is quite common.

peace
J

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hi

My co-blogger posted information from Paul Smith's excellent book on remote viewing at

ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

Happy reading.

new topics

top topics

join