It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox Reverses Poll Results To Portray Public As 'Anti-Union'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
reply to post by inkyminds

im not sure if you have ever taken classes in logic or logic theory, or any courses in higher-order thinking at all, so im gonna keep this as simple as possible, just for you.

the burden of proof rests with the accuser. the "doctored" photos have been repeatedly shown to be the work of operatives in the pay of soros-funded "progressive" leaning splinter organizations. neither i, nor fox news, have any responsibility for disproving those patently and obviously false allegations.

friend, i have done my homework.

im going to recommend that you go do at least some of yours.

Congratulations, you have lost all credibility to anyone reading this thread, and you have earned the first and only spot on my ignore list! Your high and mighty attitude, along with other people similar to you (left or right), plague this board.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
As much as I think fox is a bunch of real big fat idiots, I think the person who was anchoring mixed his words up . I really did not understand him at all. He probably didn't read the teleprompter or something.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Maybe, but that doesn't explain the fact that the graphic was also wrong..

On a side note, MSNBC did something just as stupid today as well.. They claimed that the Saudi arrested for terrorism charges today in Texas was trying to make a WMD. Course there is no evidence of that. I am guess they were just trying to sensationalize because CNN scooped them.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
First of all, it's always nice to see we, who are at the end of the news, the receivers of information, checking it out and pointing out errors and lies. That is awsome! Good work, guys!

That aside, I have to agree that Fox News seems to just not care. Here in Brazil, our main news channel would have promptly corrected that mistake! In a flash. Right after commercials, the latest!

I know that in US you have this Republicans vs Democrats thing going, but sometimes this rivalry reaches ridiculous levels. Ok, so Fox News is openly siding with the Republicans, but geez, can't they at least take their jobs seriously? That is a shame. I have no respect for that channel.

Here in Brazil we have a huge news magazine called "Veja" which we all know is constantly criticing Lula's government, and follow to do so with Lula's sucessor, Dilma Hussef. But Veja never fabricates lies. Actually, their "attacks" if you can call them that, come from investigating everything wrong that is done by those in power, not by lying or twisting the truth.

I'm sorry, but I have seen at least one user here blindly defending Fox News and ignoring that this news channel is purposefully lying. It's no point in arguing with them. They're either trolling you guys, or they work at Fox News or something.

Heck, it reminded me of Kaddaffi, who thinks he is right about what he's doing. Even if he believes the US is behind the revolution, that is NO excuse to KILL civilians. But hey, you can't convince him that he is wrong either.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Haha. No. Just be careful not to believe everything that goes viral just because it goes viral is the message here.

That's a great piece of advice. I am usually a little bit more skeptical about viral internet campaigns, like Wikileaks and all that "anonymous" crap. That's not to say anything going viral is automatically bunk, but it's not like "they" can't go viral on the internet to get peoples' attention too.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

like i have said to many here before you...

the truth, in all its many forms, hurts sometimes.

mostly, it hurts the truthless. those like you.

you have no honor and you have no shame.

keep ignoring. it's what people like you do best.

ps I was here long before you were. I will be here long after you are gone.

edit on 24-2-2011 by MMPI2 because:

edit on 24-2-2011 by MMPI2 because:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

im gonna have to direct you to your own google searches. if you are truly interested in the way actual conspiracies play out, you may do the legwork.

good hunting.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Of course unions are at a all time low the Republicans have been demonizing unions ever since that union breaker Regan was in office.

unions dont need any help demonizing themselves. their actions - the murders, the arson, the "getting bloody", the threats, embezzlement, political payoffs - speak much louder than anything any republican could do for them.

for all intents and purposes, it is these reasons that labor unions are finished in america.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Well it's the way they go viral and from where too. All of that counts.
For example, if Limbaugh's page says call the first lady fat....

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
unions dont need any help demonizing themselves. their actions - the murders, the arson, the "getting bloody", the threats, embezzlement, political payoffs - speak much louder than anything any republican could do for them.

for all intents and purposes, it is these reasons that labor unions are finished in america.

You're wrong. I can't tell you why you're wrong, but everything you just said is a mountain of lies, and you're gullible for believing any of it. Republican splinter groups around the US are in charge of making unions look bad. Framing people for murders, arson, & embezzlement. Anyone that's in the know knows this. Too bad you're not. [snip] Do you homework, pal. You'll see... You'll see.

edit on 24/2/11 by masqua because: removed generalized but yet still a personal attack on members and an off topic comment

The "attack" was quoted from his posts. The entire thing was in jest.
edit on 24-2-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

when did it flop and I think unions have over done them selves....THIS THOUGH is my point. I believe there are some agitaters wanting to divide our nation, somebody seems to be hell bent to start the same anti government crap here just like the Arab Nations...I have to be honest to my self and wonder WHY does the apple kart have to be turned upside down. Im not the one tipping it

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Since unions are not corrupt after all, maybe you could tell me where Jimmy Hoffa is vactioning.

“In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is revolutionary” George Orwell 1984

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by billyjack

Since unions are not corrupt after all, maybe you could tell me where Jimmy Hoffa is vactioning.

So your contention is that these specific Unions in Wisconsin, like Teachers, Corrections Officers, and firefighters are implicated in the murder of Jimmy Hoffa?

I believe you may want to look up the word 'conflation'.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz

when did it flop and I think unions have over done them selves....THIS THOUGH is my point. I believe there are some agitaters wanting to divide our nation, somebody seems to be hell bent to start the same anti government crap here just like the Arab Nations...I have to be honest to my self and wonder WHY does the apple kart have to be turned upside down. Im not the one tipping it

So you are saying Governor Walker is working hand in hand with The Muslim Brotherhood to create division in our country? That seems like a stretch, even for a Conspiracy website.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I was going to post a reply about Unions - but I realized this thread really isn't about Unions.

It's about how people are manipulated into believing certain facts.

The right as well as the left news stations bend the truth. But since the right has so much more money than the left - you tend to see more manipulation.

I used to work for the military, State government, Big Oil and.....Unions. (I'm not employed in any of these at the moment). Never in a decision making role but in a role which allowed me to get a glimpse into how things really work. It's honestly the same old problems regardless of the type of organization you work at. I would say about 95% of the people, regardless of who pays them, have the same core beliefs.

I have come to the conclusion the world is controlled by maybe .001 of the population. These elites have their control both sides. Because as long as the population is fighting each other, they won't be fighting them.

edit on February 25th 2011 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Since you replied to everyone but those who demanded proof, I will say again:

You have been asked to provide proof for your claim that the tides foundations created those photos. Please do so as it is you who pointed to the "burden of proof" fallacy. You made a claim, please support it with evidence.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by inkyminds

did I say those words...get out of here!!!

Answer this smartypants, how come the protesters in Wisconsin are paid and from out of state?

get a life!
edit on 25-2-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: seriously needed content

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by inkyminds

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz

So you are saying Governor Walker is working hand in hand with The Muslim Brotherhood to create division in our country? That seems like a stretch, even for a Conspiracy website.

I dont see those words you are using anyplace.....go make up stories someplace else

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by MMPI2

Since you replied to everyone but those who demanded proof, I will say again:

You have been asked to provide proof for your claim that the tides foundations created those photos. Please do so as it is you who pointed to the "burden of proof" fallacy. You made a claim, please support it with evidence.

He doesn't have any, and continues to bluff with his mind numbing "I'm smarter than you" & "do your research like I have".. even though this is a discussion forum where outrageous claims are usually accompanied with some sort of evidence. Either he's in the worst case of denial I have ever seen, or it kills him to admit he's wrong. He clammed up on U2U after calling me a "genius".

Case closed IMO.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
I was going to post a reply about Unions - but I realized this thread really isn't about Unions.

It's about how people are manipulated into believing certain facts.

The right as well as the left news stations bend the truth. But since the right has so much more money than the left - you tend to see more manipulation.

I used to work for the military, State government, Big Oil and.....Unions. (I'm not employed in any of these at the moment). Never in a decision making role but in a role which allowed me to get a glimpse into how things really work. It's honestly the same old problems regardless of the type of organization you work at. I would say about 95% of the people, regardless of who pays them, have the same core beliefs.

I have come to the conclusion the world is controlled by maybe .001 of the population. These elites have their control both sides. Because as long as the population is fighting each other, they won't be fighting them.

edit on February 25th 2011 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

your post has more truth to it than any post I have seen in a while.I think also that your post is also contemperary...by that I mean it is what the average person believes...good points
edit on 25-2-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: I hit the wrong button,,, had to add everything I wanted to say

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join