It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox Reverses Poll Results To Portray Public As 'Anti-Union'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

What's important is that we catch each time they do this, and make the general public aware.

But I see threads everyday that do the same for the other MSM outlets as well, catching Fox is nothing new and fancy, no more than catching CNN or MSNBC~

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
reply to post by Whereweheaded

But Fox is undoubtedly the worst, whether they all do it or not.

Anyways, that's not what's important here. What's important is that we catch each time they do this, and make the general public aware. We need to compile huge lists of the manipulators & undeniable proof to wake up the couch zombies that take all of this garbage in, and spew it back out in defense of their political position.

ASOLUTELY, and this is PRECISELY why I posted this thread.

If you notice in my opening statements regarding this, I make reference to ALL mainstream media as being propaganda mouthpieces of BS. They are brainwashing weapons for the Corporations.

But it is IMPERATIVE imvho, that we call them out, ANY time we see this type of blatant manipulation going on, even if they claim it's all just an "innocent mistake". Because after a while when SO MANY "innocent mistakes" are CATALOGUED, we see a PATTERN emerge, whic goes beyond ODDS of it being "innocent."

These "outlets" are one of the PRIMARY reasons our society is so ignorant, misinformed, and dumbed down. In actuality, I encourage everyone I know to spend as little time as possible in front of the hypnosis box.
edit on 23-2-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It's best to just think of Fox news as a lobbyist group to the public. Rich investors pay-in to send out their proposed messages to the general public, and the people are expected to take it in as real news. This is how most media operates today in the United States.

The mass media is far too tied-up in politics. It truly is just an executive lobbyist group for whomever wishes to pay for it. There are no journalists, just representatives relaying their employer's advertisements/propaganda/disinformation.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

yeah, I do have to agree with that statement. I dunno though, i guess I'm just getting tired of the MSM threads, like I said previously, we all know that they ( being MSM outlets ) are all guilty of " spin ", so why make a big fuss over one channel, compared to another....especially if they are all guilty, and ALL have been caught with their pants down on a daily basis.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

I hear you bro.

It does get old.

Apologies if you found this addition annoying. haha. Just wanted to try and keep a few newcomers on their toes and alert, ya know?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PApro
honest mistake? ha did they have a six year old read them the results? i gotta say its more likely this was a mistake than adding a second audio feed with well timed booing to the ron paul cpac footage. but still, unless the person responsible for giving them there info was illiterate and couldn't read simple numbers than there is no way it was a mistake. as we all know fox has been giving false information for many many years. i dont trust the news they report so i sure wont trust there excuses.

If a six year had read it to them they would have gotten it right,. There is a good reason I never watch Fox for any reason, it takes sick commentators to go along with Murdock, he couldn't do it alone, there are always scum out there who will do anything for a buck.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Totally agree. In this sad media world, nothing turns my stomach more than Fox.They're even too dumb to realise that everyone's got their number. Lord knows where they recruit their cheesy grin presenters with names straight from 50's B rate movies.
How about this as their new bumper sticker...FOX
SUX

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
What makes it worse is this was a BS poll to begin with. I've pointed this out before:

First of all they did not give the polling information anywhere on the original article.. a big red flag for me. So I went to their website and searched for "union".

It seems they use about the same methodology for all their polls.

Results are based on telephone interviews with 1,010 national adults, aged 18 and older, conducted Aug. 6-9, 2009. For results based on the total sample of national adults, one can say with 95% confidence that the maximum margin of sampling error is ±4 percentage points.

Interviews are conducted with respondents on land-line telephones (for respondents with a land-line telephone) and cellular phones (for respondents who are cell-phone only).

In addition to sampling error, question wording and practical difficulties in conducting surveys can introduce error or bias into the findings of public opinion polls.
link.

While it is good that they use cell phones to avoid a huge bias (most younger people don't have land lines) they are still only sampling 1000 adults. A minuscule number which in no way can be a "scientific" poll representing the whole U.S. No matter how much they pretend to... much less a +-4% which they claim.

Each and every poll I read used the same methodology so the net result: every gallup poll is propaganda.

This is one of the main ways they manipulate the public is projecting a false consensus with whatever mindset they want to promote. It is smoke and mirrors. They could do a poll of 100,000 people easily and get much better results... but it is much more likely they poll 1000 times on different groups of 1000 people until they get the result most in line with their agenda.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
According to the previously linked mediamatters.org report

UPDATE: Kilmeade issued a correction during the final minute of Fox & Friends -- 44 minutes after the error -- saying: "I want to correct a poll that we did about 22 minutes ago from Gallup. Sixty-one percent oppose taking collective bargaining away from those people in Wisconsin; 33 percent in favor. I had it reversed. I apologize." In fact, the poll asked if people would oppose a similar law in their own states. A graphic was aired correctly showing that 61 percent of those polled oppose taking collective bargaining away

mediamatters.org...

Isn't that the equivilant of telling a nice long story and then finishing it with "NOT!" ???

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Yes...he had it reversed. The graphic was reversed as well. At least he did correct it—probably because the phone calls and emails started coming.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Yup, you're exactly right, I'm sure this will turn out to be just another honest mistake. I was on ATS earlier today while listening to talk radio and a caller phoned in and said that we should start referring to Fox News as Fox Propaganda. Looks like he's right. I guess this means the term Faux News is now considered to be going easy on them because what they're spewing is pure, unadulterated propaganda.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

im not sure that your credibility will withstand the contention that gallup does poor polling.

they sure seem to be ok with the "progressive" statists when the numbers fall in favor of their agenda.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

every singled doctored photo...every single one...was the creation of somebody in the pay of the democratic national committee.

the democratic machine knows it.

i know it.

everybody that matters knows it.

the only problem here is that there are some slow folks on here that don't seem to get it.

well...like i said...

everybody that matters knows it.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You have misunderstood the topic.

how have i misunderstood a topic that is a non-issue?

if they erred, they issued a retraction. is this any different than what the new york times or the washington post does...three or four days later and at the bottom of page d36.

the real issue at hand is that unions are on their way out.

yet another issue to understand is that the poll reflected that unions are no longer a net positive in the minds of the American public.

Americans are evenly divided over whether state worker unions are generally more helpful or more harmful to their states. Underscoring the divisive nature of this issue, two-thirds of Democrats consider unions helpful, while two-thirds of Republicans call them harmful

as recently as perhaps 5 years ago, such an even division of perception about unions would have been unheard of.

Do you guys understand how huge this is?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Wow, you'll really defend Fox to the death, huh?

So you're saying that a Democrat doctored the photos of another Democrat, that were used by a Republican-biased network, against a Democrat? Does that even make sense to you?

I can't make sense of what you just said to me. Are you implying that that's not how the pictures originally aired? and every single place on the web showing that video doctored the pictures themselves?

Please clarify.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

defend fox about what?

they havent done anything that any other large media outlet has done x 1000, but they do make immediate and clear retractions when errors occur.

the "doctored photos" were indeed created by a tides foundation splinter group. none of them were ever aired on fox news.

it was a simple-minded stunt created by democrat nitwits.

sadly, some kinda gullible folks fell for it.

including you.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
yawn, i work in construction in nyc, and we never hire union. why? because its mafia run, their demands are ridiculous, and we wouldn't make a profit. so ... they went to far, got corrupt, and now the people are saying "enough is enough".

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

It did air. There are many, many different videos of it online, which show it airing. I just posted one of them.

www.youtube.com...

I don't want to look like a fool when I show people videos about these kinds of things. Please, explain to me how this never happened, even though there is video of it in many places, including the one I just posted. It's in context, & it makes sense. I wouldn't want to look like a gullible dimwit, so help me out

edit on 23-2-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2

the "doctored photos" were indeed created by a tides foundation splinter group. none of them were ever aired on fox news

It's noteworthy that you feel no shame in presenting outright lies as fact, without even ATTEMPTING to provide even a shred of evidence to support your opinion.
edit on 23-2-2011 by inkyminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by inkyminds

im not sure if you have ever taken classes in logic or logic theory, or any courses in higher-order thinking at all, so im gonna keep this as simple as possible, just for you.

the burden of proof rests with the accuser. the "doctored" photos have been repeatedly shown to be the work of operatives in the pay of soros-funded "progressive" leaning splinter organizations. neither i, nor fox news, have any responsibility for disproving those patently and obviously false allegations.

friend, i have done my homework.

im going to recommend that you go do at least some of yours.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join