It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we purposely create second personalities?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Wow I didn't expect such responses. Thanks to all who took the time to post here in my first thread on ATS. It has been about a week and I did take the time to email Peter Carrolls and he recommended some of his books.

YES I do intend on doing this, and I cannot explain it. I am drawn to the idea and it goes much further than being a fan of Fight Club. Perhaps the will and drive to "create" another personality is really just a second personality trying to get out? Either way I am convinced that the risks are worth the experiment. If I end up flinging poo at the walls I may regret it, but the enlightenment is totally worth it.

As I wrote this response I had the curious idea of filming/documenting this experiment. I may now do that as well.

Again thanks to all of your posts of interest, advice and concern!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It's absolutely possible as I have done it. Although I would urge you not to. I could choose the most random post hypnotic anchor, but it will eventually cue the beta ego in some every day occurrence. If you simply want to fit in with society it's best to work with the alpha ego. Plucking certain core beliefs and molding new ones. Much safer. Partitioned egos usually need constant maintenance and can get very scary. The beta ego would always stay aware of the alpha. And usually act in defiance when allowed to play. Tyler Durden was not a separate ego because the two exchange motives. That was a dissociative break. In that, you are forced to watch like in a movie, switching back after a traumatic event. It's not cool at all. Given time it will create a schizophrenic ego. Deprogramming the lower egos rarely results in a stable alpha ego. If you just want to do things you won't remember, zolpidem can do that. But hide your phone and keys. I don't recommend either.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Read the red book by Carl jung. You never dip into the shadow and come back in one piece. And you can't partition the donor ego on your own. It's nearly impossible to bypass your own core beliefs, as it causes severe cognitive dissonance. You will need someone to create a distraction causing eustress to counter the distress. But once your beliefs are dissected you can change anything you want your self. Just narrate your own hypnotic script and play it while you meditate. And find someone that knows what they are doing, anyone can be a psychotherapist with a weekend seminar.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I know a guy who stopped using his first name after he left home and joined the military.
He used his middle name for everyone except his family.
He had a bad childhood. Very abusive. Physical, mental and emotional.
He had a very bad self image and hated himself.
When he started using a new name, he started acting more confident and relaxed.
He was like a different person when he wasn't around his family.

It gave him a tool to cope and deal with his history of abuse.

In a way he did create a second personality.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I know I'm 5 years late, but yes it is possible.
edit on 7-3-2016 by Headphone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DerepentLEstranger

Is there any possible way I can get any information on this?? Please, I am begging.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: misfitsquid
Hey all, I am new here to the boards. Got my 20 posts in and now I pose this question to you all. I THINK this is appropriate for this particular part of the forum. I was going to post in health and wellness, but it didn't seem to fit. So all of that said on to business then...

I have the stigma of recently reading the novel "Fight Club" and as it is one of my favorite movies the idea of DID/split personality has become one of my favorites. I was wondering if it is at all possible to create another personality by choice through meditation or some other form of heavy concentration? The entire idea is kind of taboo, especially with the skeptics who believe that DID is a fake disorder in the first place.

Wouldn't it be cool though to create/manifest yourself as new person all together? Anyone ever give this thought? If so any advice on how to do this?

dissociative identity disorder occurs often when the person is abused as a young age. It's like a coping mechanism in your brain to shut out the bad memories of the abuse. There so much we still don't know how the brain works. Either way. If you wanna be tyler durden. we could just call some muscle head and say your banging his girl, then fight club it all you want.
Or if your 8 years old. we could chain you to a pipe and starve you. Then you might get DID. So which one you wanna go with champ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join