It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]UFO Filmed by Newschannel and seen by multiple witnesses in Portland Oregon this morning at 7a

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It's my uneducated opinion that this is just another marketing tactic to get listeners...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
All these flags for a radio stations publicity stunt?

I was expecting something good. What is going on today? sheesh...
edit on 2/24/2011 by Erasurehead because: fix typo

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This thread is a total waste of everyones time. Why was it even posted in the first place?
edit on 24-2-2011 by A TRUE AMERICAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Talk about a waste of space here. I can't believe it, talk is still going on about nothing, being on ATS feels like being on "Seinfeld" A show about nothing.
Also, this ridicules thread is still on the front page of ATS, how pathetic. Maybe it's all these LCD and LED computer monitors that are giving off some kind of frequency that numbs the mind, and makes it go into a make believe reality and nobody notices it.
When will things get back to normal, it sure doesn't look very promising.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

I couldn't agree more. I was tipped off, thanks to astute ATS member "Kaifan", about a couple of the replies in this thread that were in support of the B.S. story the OP presented yesterday. After reviewing the IP addresses those three accounts registered with it was obvious the now banned "BlackGhost" was registering multiple accounts to support himself and his false story.

That's about as lame and twisted a thing to do as I can imagine, I really hope the poor human gets a life one day and finds other things to do to amuse him/herself. Getting banned from the Big ATS should not be a career goal.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
]
edit on 24-2-2011 by turk182 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I love all the people who come in here at the end of the thread to retrospectively call people stupid. Where were you on page 1 with all your insight?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by turk182
I love all the people who come in here at the end of the thread to retrospectively call people stupid. Where were you on page 1 with all your insight?

I thought that it would have been figured out on at least the second page at least half way through. But I was wrong, this forum thing can get addicting, and if there's nothing serious to read and talk about, I guess people just can't help themselves and will just go on about nothing just to post.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Pretty funny if you ask me. An obvious parody of the,"Jerusalem UFO" hoax video that got a million hits worldwide.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Really? You're going to actually take the time to add to the popularity of the thread by saying how terrible it is? Admit it, you thought it was an awesome thread.

In summary after 9 pages of bickering and speculation it is clear the Radio station in question is using a UFO theme for promotions. There is nothing malevolent other than the 3 guys from Portland who hate the radio station.

Lets look at the evidence there is something here: Radio DJ Responds to an e-mail verifying there were reports and says he doesn't know what is going on and is looking into it.

Lets look at the evidence it was a Hoax:
1: No reports anywhere other than a few calls on one radio station.
2: No eyewitnesses coming forward anywhere
3: Nothing on ANYWHERE
4: A clear recent promotion video from the radio station and DJ in question using a UFO theme.

It is clear what we have here is a marketing HOAX.

True we could have arrived at this with only 1 page but obviously there are a lot of bored people out there!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord

Really? You're going to actually take the time to add to the popularity of the thread by saying how terrible it is? Admit it, you thought it was an awesome thread.

True we could have arrived at this with only 1 page but obviously there are a lot of bored people out there!

Your funny, if that's what you want to believe, that I thought it was an awesome thread, then fine.
Actually, it's been a very entertaining and interesting forum. I have realized that there are many people out there that are searching for something. Their not quite sure what it is that they are searching for, but it's somewhere out there in the shadows.
All the while the whole society is falling down around them, and just a very few notice it, while most don't. And I ask myself, why is that? And I find, that there are many reasons, but the one reason that most stands out, is moral values. I don't see it possible that people will unite in one common cause, and it's because the society that we live in has created a bunch of spoiled children. Everything that we have in a free society has been taken for granted, and because of that, it will be our demise.
Enough said.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Sorry to add another comment to this ridiculous thread, but I am glad to know tptb at ats are on top of disinformation.

And also, I need 6 more post before I can start my own thread and this seemed ideal.
edit on 24-2-2011 by MrEuphoric1 because: I love you

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Since I have a snow day here in Portland today, I am tempted to call KUFO and give them a piece of my mind. I will be calmer if I write to them. Those of you who live in or have spent time in Portland know that there are a LOT of people who believe in UFOs, etc. A hoax of this nature is irresponsible journalism and discredits reports that are or may be real. Sure, we can joke about it, but this probably messed up a lot of people's morning.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join