It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]UFO Filmed by Newschannel and seen by multiple witnesses in Portland Oregon this morning at 7a

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
No news or videos being posted does *not* necessarily equal an automatic hoax folks.

Or have we forgotten 70 years of swamp gas and weather balloon stories?

The hoax explanation comes a poor second to censorship and gagging, in my book, at least until more is known.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Has anyone mentioned the Albany, New York UFO case?

When a news reporting crew filmed a UFO at the Albany Interntaional Airport.

When they got back to the TV studio, the FBI (or whoever) showed up and confiscated the tape.

It turned into a big fiasco, with the reporter being fired, etc.

This is an interesting case to look at in regards to what happened in Seattle yesterday. TPTB come right in and take over. Here's some information on it:

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I have read this story and have some articles and video> I am not sure if you have posted this already. I think Peter Davenport has been notified and is looking into the case. You will have to read the article and learn more about it.

www.columbian.com...

seattletimes.nwsource.com...
edit on 24-2-2011 by MrDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Wow if I make a new post, claiming my local station was filming a UFO, with no pics, vid or evidence, will my post get 62 flags too?

Deebo

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Ill do one better, my local station is now saying that there are giant motherships positioned all over every city. No video or pics yet, will keep posted. Now that should give me 120+ stars and elite membership to ats.

Deebo
edit on 24-2-2011 by Deebo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
Wow if I make a new post, claiming my local station was filming a UFO, with no pics, vid or evidence, will my post get 62 flags too?

Deebo

If i ever need to fill out a resume again ill have to remember to add all the stars and flags ive accumulated on ATS, i never realized they were so important.

Back on topic
called Pinkus, he hasnt seen or heard a thing

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mathoryn

Originally posted by Deebo

Deebo

If i ever need to fill out a resume again ill have to remember to add all the stars and flags ive accumulated on ATS, i never realized they were so important.

Back on topic
called Pinkus, he hasnt seen or heard a thing

They aren't.. Just amazes me how posts with good info, well thought out, get snuffed, while this one gets all the glory. Just doesn't make sense that's all.

Deebo
edit on 24-2-2011 by Deebo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
If it's identified as a UFO, can you still call it unidentified flying object? It is already identified and not unidentified.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Have any of you guys tried to call or email the Radio station to find out first hand what the story is? I encourage you all to do so instead of sitting around your keyboards in your robes saying this is a hoax. I

would like to know either way if it happened or not, I would hope you all have the same interest. If you cant post a story like this here, then where can you post it? If this turns out to be legit, you all complaining will be the first ones to say "Good job OP on getting the scoop before anyone else" closely followed by "You heard it on ATS first!" while you all clap yourselves on the back. This site is frustrating.

edit on 24-2-2011 by Blackghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
lol I did a twitter search for 'ufo' and you know what, surprisingly, I found this thread again

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I have the feeling this is getting a bit grey area now... Anyway some of the witnesses may got something on their cell-phones, let's give them some hours to upload it.
edit on 24-2-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: grammar

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I guess there is nothing new on this subject? Maybe the evidence was already seized by the government. Like the YT Video some days ago that mysteriously disappeared after it was uploaded by some sites. Unfortunatly i was just to slow to see it with my own eyes though it could have been some kind of joke or hoax. Guess we will never know because the video is just gone.

Strangely nobody talks about the video. Not one site.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Was this broad daylight supposedly? I'm hoping so. I sure as hell hope it's not another indiscernible blurry blinky light shot at or from so far away that no matter how much you zoom in it's still an indiscernible blurry blinky light, just bigger.

Going forward I refuse to s&f any UFO post unless it contains multiple clear daylight videos with discernible craft details, multiple corroborating and reliable witnesses that can't be traced back to known hoaxers. I'm sick of seeing indiscernible blurry blinky light videos which nearly all have logical explanations.

So for now I'll reserve judgement until official videos from the news station get leaked/released and posted.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This isn't about "glory" as one poster wrote, it's not about stars or flags. The guy is reporting a seemingly legit and well-corroborated UFO sighting for which evidence is currently scant. It's been what, 24 hours since the sighting happened? And you all want to call hoax because the evidence isn't uploaded to YT yet? Dear lord, are we all THAT conditioned to instant gratification? Come on now people use your brains. The whole world and everything that happens in it is NOT posted on the internet every five minutes! It was not until many years after the Roswell incident actually happened that it became a well-known story. Same goes for tons and tons of very significant events in the world that happen every day. Information isn't always posted on the internet as it happens.

Let's give this story some time before we foolishly pass judgment with zero evidence one way or another.
edit on 24-2-2011 by tetsuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Terrormaster

There are some quite beautiful close ups of UFOs outthere but they are always called fake or hoaxes. To be honest. I would never upload a image of a UFO no matter the quality is. I´m not even looking for evidence anymore to convince other people about the reality of UFOs. I´ve seen enough evidence with my own eyes. It´s pretty funny though. Everybody wants a clear image of a UFO to believe in but nobody demands a clear picture of god to believe in him or her. The religions said so and that´s enough proof but anyone who believes in UFOs is a complete fool or a lunatic. People are just stupid in this kind of things.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy

Why do you have a clear picture of a god? If so I've been demanding one for years!

We want video and pictures because we want to prove to everyone else we aren't crazy! And also if enough people begin to see it will be possible to demand disclosure. I don't think the government is hiding evidence of god in a hanger in Nevada, I do think they are hiding something else though.

Back to the subject: Someone who lives in the area should be able to request the audio of the reports. Most radio stations do record their shows and often if you ask nicely they can give you selected portions of the audio. Or at the very least call into the show and ask them about it they may replay or recount what they heard...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Must have been really low cause it's snowing like crazy here... Heard about it briefly this morning on KUFO rock station on my way to work. They were sort of making fun of it, not really any info given, but I'll keep listening.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CIALeaker

I like that you mention big quake, however there was a sighting in Vancouver over the weekend, and some decent quakes near Mt. St. Helens recently....something to also think about?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
reply to post by Perfectenemy

We want video and pictures because we want to prove to everyone else we aren't crazy! And also if enough people begin to see it will be possible to demand disclosure. I don't think the government is hiding evidence of god in a hanger in Nevada, I do think they are hiding something else though.

I know i´m not crazy and many people aren´t crazy either though they are held in mental facilities. I really don´t get why you´re all so eager to get proof of UFOs. There will be no disclosure anytime soon because of the debunkers.They do the job for the government. Hell NASA doesn´t need to even bother anymore hiding it because they know someone will prove it as fake or hoax. I swear even if i had a picture posing with two aliens in front of their UFO some idiots would try to prove it as a hoax.Most people all over the world are sheeps. Nothing will ever change that.

The evidence about UFOs is all around us but still the most people just ignore it because they don´t wanna accept and know the truth.

The people could force the governments to disclosure but nobody is willing to do so and so our life filled with lies goes on. I don´t need to convince anybody to believe in UFOs. I don´t give a flying frak what people might say about me. Are all of you so afraid of someone calling you crazy?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
You should always remember...to check twitter for current events in a spot where something supposedly just happened.

twitter.com...?q=ufo%20portland

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join