It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit Dangerous???? Pffffftttt Please...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Heff, We live right across the river from STL .... we were transfered here and its really bad. One side of us is the famous East St Louis.. our town shares a border.. and the murder capital of STL on the other side. It really is very bad here and per capita our crime rate exceeds Chicago or Detroit. Ive spoken to folks who have lived here their whole life and they say in the last 20 years its gotten incredibly worse as the criminal element moved into the town after a 60 minutes episode claimimg our town was racist because the sheriff blocked the highway between ESL and this town at night to slow the drug traffic. Basically youre kind of safe in the day and you cant go out at night. My children have been assaulted in school and at the park. To say "bad part of town" is absurd, there are things called cars and the criminal element comes into low crime neighborhoods and commit crimes. The kids with gang tats are in our schools and the schools are out of control. We had it happen once again this week... 14 cars broken into and 4 homes within one night... and when caught the criminals were from East St Louis. SO where is this bad part of town I should avoid when they come to us?

Ive lived in many states and countries ( short periods in other countries.. year or 2) and Ive never been to a place like this. The crime is so outrageous that the local paper stopped printing the police blotter and most of our friends from the base either home school, pay for private school, or are moving/transferring. We came here to make a home and believed the BS on the websites and etc. The websites were incorrect and blatantly lied about the crime rate, aaa rating at schools, etc.. so much for links and credible references. Now we cant sell this home due to property value drop and etc.... most fools say " just move!" . Our prosecutor in this county acts like a defense atty rather than a prosecutor and wont prosecute crimes... like the latest big scandal.. drive by by a gang and the shooter's father was in the car.. and works for the city! They killed an innocent 15 yr old who was playing in his front yard a day after his birthday. Its been an issue because the shooter was not prosecuted, nor were the occupants of the 3 other cars. The only person prosecuted was he driver of the first car and everyone else is free. This emboldens and enables the criminal element here. if you commit crimes, you dont get in much trouble.

Before someone says it, crime has nothing much to do with poverty. I know poor and very uneducated people and they are not criminals, and resent the idea that it certain groups feel poverty = criminal or uneducated = criminal. CRIMINAL = criminal.. lazy people who feel entitled to what others have worked for = criminals... rich, poor, educated, noneducated. When the guys broke into a woman's home to steal her big screen with an ak-47 .. they werent looking for food. They were looking to take what she had and when they saw her the idiot said " youve seen my eyes so now you have to die".. thank god for an alert neighbor who called the police. He didnt get to steal her TV and kill her for it that day.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Oh snap, so you're basically dissing Detroit by Anti-Dissing it.

My brain just exploded.

edit on 24-2-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Don't let it fool you. Detroit really is that bad. St Lue really is that bad. A lot of places really are that bad. These stats and google searches don't tell the entire picture. Take your A to those places and see if you feel threatened.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

I've been to St. Louis several times and live in Atlanta (The #2 city on the list). Trust me when I say that I am well aware of how rough these places can be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join