It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Becoming Muslim: I Did Not Read The Fine Print

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Quite amazed at your research but you are not looking at the conditions of the surroundings at the time of the revelation. If you did so, it would clear all of your problems. Actually if you cant. . i will explain each and everything by tomorrow. Moreover, all Islamic states condemn the Wahhabi sect. I know this I because i am a Pakistani Muslim(Sunni). Lastly, i would recommend you and the other members to watch this www.youtube.com... . . . .its a debate between a Muslim scholar and a Christian scholar. (Make sure your copy of the Qur'an is not made by the Zionists. i.e it is not fake.)
edit on 25-5-2011 by uzi23 because: I had not read the post completly.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
the female gets less inheiratance is true but she keeps that money to her self and chooses how to spend it. male gets more inheiratance but must full fill duties of the parent past away, and take care of the younger siblings, and also take care of the surviving parent and what ever is left over he may use.

jihad as you know means struggle. differnt forms of jihad and war is one form, one situation comes to mind, the prophet was going out for jihad, one person wanted to enlist but was asked if he had parents, he replied in the affirmative and the prophet said to go back and take care of them because that is a greater jihad

as for men allowed to marrying 4 wives would like to add on that, the prophet said that each one must be treated the same and fairly if even one has a complaint or has not been treated fairly, the husband will see to that on the day of judgement

as for jizya,its more like protection money,there are instances that jizya was not collected if the minorities could not be protected, if theres more on this would love to hear

im off for some food now lol

s&f

edit on 29-5-2011 by ZarbeMomin because: forgot jizya and wives

edit on 29-5-2011 by ZarbeMomin because: forgot food

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Xerxes1434

A part of growth is to understand religion in a broader context. Islam in a broader context is existance, it's true intent is oneness in accord with the natural order, not the ridged, dogmatic outcome of misunderstanding derived from the numerous sects only concerned with being right. According to the Quran Allah reveals in stages, this coincides with the natural order, and Allah's signs are in his creation, this is Quranic as well. Islam is not culture, although it's percieved revelation was to the Arabs, it was intended to aid in their evolution, it has since been institutionalized (co-opted).

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

What Christians think it is their "duty to kill"? What kind of malarchy are you putting out as anti-religion rant? That's just pure bs and I have to challenge it. Christians believe they should "turn the other cheek" as the teaching from Christ Himself.
There is no difference between the Christian soldier and the Hindu Kshatriya Warrior, in that they both do not wish to kill or maim their fellow brothers, but know it is their duty to fight. Please do not misconstrue the world's major religions. It is out of ignorance that people do not understand the true teachings of Christ or Krishna. Even the Shaolin monks fight to defend themselves, their brothers, or their country.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus
1) This thread was from last year. I feel a little out of the flow of the conversation. I'll attempt to address your concerns, they may be a little out of context however.

What Christians think it is their "duty to kill"?

2) Basically all people claiming to be Christian, yet get their ethical understanding from the Old Testament.

What kind of malarchy are you putting out as anti-religion rant?

I don't precisely remember (see 1) above) Here is a quote from the post you were responding to:

post by pthena
If you read the whole Christian scripture, you will find zero commands to kill anyone. So why do Christians think it their duty to kill? Some times it is to "prove" that they, as opposed to the Jews are "god's chosen". Other times, as is more prevalent today is that the Jews are "god's chosen" and it is the duty of Gentiles to be the slaves of Jews, and do their killing for them. So where does Christian religious killing come from? The Tanach.

By "Christian scripture", I meant the New Testament. I still agree with my views of last year.

Christians believe they should "turn the other cheek" as the teaching from Christ Himself.

If that is your definition of a Christian, then of course you are correct, in accordance with your definition. In which case you should be able to see that not all people who call themselves Christian necessarily fit your definition.

Please do not misconstrue the world's major religions.

Okay, I will refrain from such activities.

It is out of ignorance that people do not understand the true teachings of Christ or Krishna.

I don't know the teachings of Krishna, therefore I haven't spoken of Krishna. I'm still waiting for the writings of Jesus to be found, so that I can determine what he taught exactly. In the meantime, Christians do have the Gospels and such to try to understand.

To be quite honest, I don't see what you felt you had to challenge.

edit on 28-4-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join