It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi king back home, orders $37 billion in handouts

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12
If the people are happy there will be no revolution.If they have money to spend/pay bills etc they will be happy.As long as they can afford food they will be happy.If they see the king giving back to the people,they will be happy.
It will be interesting to see if the people STAY happy.

I REALLY THINK that humans would benefit a lot more IF WE TAKE THIS "TOY" called MONEY that is recently used as a weapon!
This is the "achile's point" in TODAY GOVERNMENTS!
MONEY!
If the economy goes REALLY DOWN they are powerless!
They can't force each and everyone of those soldiers to fight , they must PAY THEM , but even this is worthless if the whole economy will cease to exist!
Of course , it will be everybody for himself until some HONEST HUMANS will introduce some form of "non-acumulating money" in order to survive !
Like they did in ARGENTINA!
Proof that it works!

Argentina: surviving without money

www.youtube.com...

The Saudi's "ideea" will not work!

edit on 23-2-2011 by leaualorin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

This is getting better and better Kuwait have no need for that, most of their citizens are rich, the service class are mostly imported help from other countries, Saudi uses that also.

I guess the best thing to do is buy your citizens with hand outs to keep them happy.

link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

Didn't work in Kuwait.

Money is neither a motivator nor an appeaser. It is at best a temporary diversion. People eventually see through this sedation technique and resume focus on real issues.

link   
reply to post by leaualorin

If you think things are going well in Argentina, you should read Ferfal once in a while. ferfal.blogspot.com

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
how long, will that amount of money keep people happy, if it keeps them happy at all?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

And it didn't work there either www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wouldn't be surprised if the Saudi king is running around trying to either calm things down or stir things up.

Look where he was recently—Morocco (here). Soon after the Moroccan king/prince called out his military and left for France or Switzerland (sorry memory shot today). Then look what happened in Morocco soon after (here).

The ME leaders are trying to hang together here. Some, like Saudi Arabia in dire opposition to Iran, which was an up and coming power starting to convince many to their viewpoint. There are a few power plays going on that you can see the undercurrents of if you watch closely. Wonder who else Saudi king dude is calling or where else he's been. Interesting times.

edit on 2/23/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Nice find, the people would be fools to take the money, hope they don't, sadly we live in a world where people are bought off all the time, giving this money will change nothing, hope the people aren't blind to that fact.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Funny isn't it..

If us normal citizens tried something like this we'd be arrested quick smart on charges of bribery..
In Governments it's legal..

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
They'll take the money. It's money after all. Then when it runs out they'll come howling for more next time and then what? Give em more? Then when that's gone come howling back again. Meanwhile China/US/Japan/Inda/UK is printing money like theres no tomorrow. The day of reckoning is coming.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What I find scary is that the King has been incognito while being "treated"now he's back and its all good..
He could be a drone clone.
or at the very least he could have a internal cranium freq generator tracking device installed.
Or the Manchurian Sheik.
Would he have given away so much money before hs treatment?
Getting silly this middle east thing.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It is said that revolution comes after the People have had a taste of prosperity, only to have it cruelly taken away.

What happens when the King's bribes run out?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I would only take cash. Nothing in the form of better infrastructure, healthcare or government programs. Only cash!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
KSA historically is a divided nation of Sunni majority, Shia Minority in the North Eastern oilfields near Kuwait and Iraq and a Wahabbi religious order. The Shias resent the Sunni rulers for squandering the nations wealth derived from Shia oilfields and the Wahhabi religious backbone can do what they want when it comes to vice and virtue. A royal family of 2,500 doesn't help!
edit on 23/2/2011 by Mez353 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
dd
good thread

and ur assessment is spot on

the different Islamic dictators around the ME
are just countering a chess move by Soros.

White Knight to King 4 to block the King
in check.

The bribes will not last long,
Soros will counter with his next move.
Destabilization of the currency and the economy.
What good is money when it can't be used?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

You're leaving out a few players in this chess game. Why is that?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
You're leaving out a few players in this chess game. Why is that?

a chess game is played by moving
only one piece at a time.

The example was only a simplified
version.
edit on 2/23/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Is it just me that's sick of hearing Soros is responsible for ALL world issues??

It's getting trully boring and there's never any of that stuff we like to call PROOF..

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

King Abdullah BUYING loyalty of the masses, to prevent an uprising?

Seems a smarter approach than the HOSTILITY and VIOLENCE some of the other dictators and regimes have unleashed upon their masses.

Smarter? Bahrain did this, Iraq did this and probably other countries did this.

In Bahrain, they said they would pay each family 2700$ to not protest. Did it work? No. Iraq just paid 900 million to poor families to help them to avoid protests. Did it work? No.

We'll see protests in Saudi Arabia, but there's likely won't be any revolution. If there is... yeah our economy is quite screwed.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Is it just me that's sick of hearing Soros is responsible for ALL world issues??
It's getting truly boring and there's never any of that stuff we like to call PROOF..

No, what's getting really boring is the fact
that you refuse to do a search on ATS for
threads relating to Soros. This has been proven
in multiple threads on ATS but yet you and a few others
show up every time Soros is mentioned and require
proof in every thread. Like I said in the thread
last night, I'm not gonna babysit you or change
your diaper. Soros is involved whether or not you
and your Soros buddies want to admit it or not.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Why are you leaving out the neocons and Israel? They're as much in the game as anyone. And so are the people and their wishes. Just be careful who you're rooting for and against is all I'm saying. It's a lot more complex that "Soros is doing it and he's evil."

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join