It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya: 2,000 reported killed in Benghazi, 1,000 in Tripoli

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

www.jpost.com

Protesters said they had taken over Misrata, which would be the largest city in the western half in the country to fall into their hands. Clashes broke out over the past two days in the town of Sabratha, west of the capital, where the army and militiamen were trying to put down protesters who overwhelmed security headquarters and government buildings

over 2,000 people were killed in that city alone in the past days of fighting
"Mercenaries are everywhere with weapons. You can't open a window
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Wow, it's getting pretty crazy in Libya
I wonder if this will spill over to Saudi Arabia, if it does
Then what is happening in Libya is nothing

This is quite a high number of casualties

The sad part is that it looks like this is just the beggining, if you read the article it seems like this is very much just the beggining.

I hope them all the best

www.jpost.com

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Waiting for my bingo

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
How is this not on EVERY news channel? Egypt was covered 24hrs a day but when 3000 people from Libya are slaughtered we hear nothing about it on the major USA news stations. This is absolutely disgusting. I hope the Jerusalem Post is exaggerating. Obama needs to get his head out of his ass and condemn this atrocious behavior.
edit on 23-2-2011 by BLKMJK because: (SP)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

You forgot to add all of the corporate western leaders in your list.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
the hate runs so deep, one man said. we wanted to destroy this force that wanted to suppress us forever. destroy it once and for all... this revolution will continue until he falls

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

I think its alot harder for journalists to get in there, twitter is a great way to keep up. @bencnn is one reporter who's made it in.

Here's something I found an hour ago via twitter.

Libyan forces that refuse to attack their people are killed. Very Graphic.

edit on 23-2-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Wow, very interesting. MSM here is reporting much lower numbers, in the low hundreds. Makes you wonder why it is that they feel the need to lie to us. They lied about the number of Egyptian casualties as well.j
Its one of two things, 1. The Middle-Eastern sources aren't very reliable. or
2. The US has a hand in the "going ons" over there.

Im gonna go with number two. It seems that there's a trend surfacing here, I think at least 2 of the 3 of the dictators have put the blame for the unrest on US-Israeli intelligence agencies. Could be a cop-out, or there could be some truth to it.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Chickensalad because: are-aren't

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Mr Assad called to express his disappointment at being left out of the Dictators Must Go poster.

He felt sure he was repressive enough to make the cut, I mean come on, whats an autocrat gotta do?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

The American press and most others I believe haven't gotten a response from the Libya Govt. Most of the reports and interviews are via telephone or internet. Thats why I find it funny that they are lying about the casualty numbers, they only have a limited supply of sources right now, and they are all giving way higher numbers than the American MSM.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001

You forgot to add all of the corporate western leaders in your list.

After winning this bingo ticket

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by BLKMJK

I think its alot harder for journalists to get in there, twitter is a great way to keep up. @bencnn is one reporter who's made it in.

Here's something I found an hour ago via twitter.

Libyan forces that refuse to attack their people are killed. Very Graphic.

edit on 23-2-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

Thank you for the @bencnn twitter and for the graphic warning. If I was Ben from CNN I would get the hell outta Dodge! I am just curious as to why Hillary has spoken numerous times on this subject but I have hear nothing from Obama? These callous murders have to stop in Libya.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Waiting for my bingo

Oddly enough, Assad of Syria is not on the list, yet the king of Jordan (a relatively benign ruler), is...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

www.jpost.com

Protesters said they had taken over Misrata, which would be the largest city in the western half in the country to fall into their hands. Clashes broke out over the past two days in the town of Sabratha, west of the capital, where the army and militiamen were trying to put down protesters who overwhelmed security headquarters and government buildings

over 2,000 people were killed in that city alone in the past days of fighting
"Mercenaries are everywhere with weapons. You can't open a window

You can see the mercenaries all the time footage appears on TV. The military don't look at all north african, they are proper blacks.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Thank you for the update... *S&F*

I too wonder why Libya is not being covered as much on CNN and other news stations. Well, let's first understand that the news stations in US are controlled by the Elite - which also controls pretty much the rest of the media. That said, there is certain bias in what is produced/edited in the media.

What was the political reason/agenda behind televising stories in Egypt? It's a little off topic to this thread, I know.

So 2000+ civilians killed in Libya. And this toll is only going to rise. If security forces in Libya are being executed for not killing innocent protesters, isn't that a form of treason by their own government & leader?

edit on 23-2-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: changed death toll number

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
My hope is that none of these nations fall into the hands of mob violence, after the revolution, or into the hands of either foreign powers or fundamentalist powers. While we cannot expect them to have the same form of governmental structure us most of us here in the West enjoy what we can hope for however is that they get three things: 1. A strong constitution guaranteeing and protecting their rights, 2. A democratically elected government, 3. Adequate checks and balances through all ranks of government.

This will provide each nation with stability and the opportunity to shape their own destiny the way they feel is necessary and to their liking. Hopefully this revolutionary tide can sweep through the world, nation-by-nation, and people-by-people, until every regime and oppressive government is replaced.

Let the human race define 2012 as the year we all finally awoken from our slumber and replaced each oppressive government. And by the year 2012 I mean that it is my hope by the end of 2012 each oppressive government is overthrown.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
After gaddafi coming out and saying he would fight to the death to keep power, you can only think that this crisis is only going to get worse. There were a couple of heros though who crashed their fighter jet after being ordered to bomb one of the cities and refused.

Gaddafi needs to go. His actions over the past week or so prove this. The guy is hell bent on power and needs to be assassinated immediatly before we are all witnessing a mass genocide.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'm amazed Gaddafi is still alive. He must be very heavily protected.

The west should send in the Green Berets or the SAS to take this guy out, asap.
edit on 23-2-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Why didn't these 18 soldies KILLED AT LEAST ONE OF THE ENEMIES before they got executed?
I mean , I would say yes , I'll "disperse" the crowd , shot a few bullets nowhere close to the humans , and then turn around the weapon fully loaded and kill a few commanding officers/generals or whatever comand is there!
I wouldn't just give up so easily to my life!
It's tooth for tooth and eye for an eye by now!
They must organize better in Libya if they REALLY whant to get rid of this ars!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

yea right ....
the amazon girls...
come on , be serious!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join