It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More on Retired Army Col. Alexander

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
www.aolnews.com...

"Disclosure has happened," Alexander added. "It starts with former presidents Truman, Carter, Reagan and [the Soviet Union's] Gorbachev. I've got stacks of generals, including Soviet generals, who've come out and said UFOs are real. My point is, how many times do senior officials need to come forward and say this is real?" Alexander told AOL News.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by vinunleaded

His "Disclosure has already happened" statement & 'evidence' is rather weak. And he's not really bringing anything new to the table--he's also been associated with disinfo/psyops before--but he's a fascinating man and he is seemingly pro-ufo. The following statement from your link seems to put him more in the IDH camp than the ETH camp--although he is ever careful to say everything he really thinks:

The problem is, when you discuss UFOs, we are talking everything from little balls of light to hard craft a mile or more across, and everything in between. So what is it?" Alexander asked.

"I argue that, not only are we not solving the problems yet, we're not even asking the right questions, because we approach this wrong.

"I suspect that consciousness is a piece of the puzzle. We talk about UFOs, saying it's a technology that's 1,000 years in advance, but it really isn't. If you follow the history of these things, usually it is somewhat in advance, but not beyond our comprehension by any stretch of the imagination.

"The conundrum you get into is, yes, they are seen by sensors; however, at other times, they are not seen by sensors that should've seen them, and that's one I can't answer."

www.aolnews.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by vinunleaded
www.aolnews.com...

"Disclosure has happened," Alexander added. "It starts with former presidents Truman, Carter, Reagan and [the Soviet Union's] Gorbachev. I've got stacks of generals, including Soviet generals, who've come out and said UFOs are real. My point is, how many times do senior officials need to come forward and say this is real?" Alexander told AOL News.

These senior officials need to come forward when their not just doing it to say in the headlines and get attention. Psychologically these are men of power who once out of power still crave attention due to their megalomaniacal tendencies. All these officials prove is their getting paychecks to be disinformation agents and now that their careers are finished have nothing to lose, or their just people who turn to concocting wild stories in the vein attempt of getting someone to pay them some attention in their old age. All older people need attention but spinning lies and deceiving people is the wrong way to go about getting any positive attention.

This just looks like yet another crackpot per my analysis, CASE CLOSED!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
disinfo/psyops is my take on it
Keep us from looking into the right story

The best place to hide a lie is between two thruth.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

Wow. Lots of nice pychoanalytical terminology. But no your wrong. For all the psycho babble your ability to type cast people is poor. Older retired military people are not prone by any means of trying to get sensational attention. Especially ones who have never had a major public grief with policy. Nor are astronaughts prone to it. They happen to be people in the know with disciplined character and personalities. Both used to taking commands as well as giving them.

Do you see a lot of older war vets and astronaughts with normal distinguished lives vying for attention?

Nope mostly teenagers, college kids, and people with nothing better to do or very little social interaction.

And that's real profiling.

Disinfo? He didn't say anything. This was a classic military guy saying what he could legally and politically and get away with it.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
His recent statements are one of the main signs that something
is progressing. Maybe the hidden variables in action.

edit on 23-2-2011 by realitydiscovered because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Col. Alexander, who served two tours in Vietnam, as a Green Beret A- Team commander; is an employee of Robert Bigelow, who is a UFO enthusiast, and is currently building a space port in New Mexico.
Alexander, was a guest on Coast to Coast radio last Monday morning.
Robert Bigelow, will be the guest on Coast to Coast, Monday morning, Feb. 28, 2011

That will be the one to tune in on.

Erno
edit on 23-2-2011 by Erno86 because: spelling error

edit on 23-2-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Alexander seems to be an eccentric shill who keeps portraying himself as an advocate for UFO research, when in reality his only interest in UFOs has always been his monitoring of a segment of the population's beliefs in UFOs, not in UFOs.
He plays to both sides. The question is: what was his real agenda? And, for who does he work for?
The saddest thing to me in all this is that I share exactly the same views as Alexander on UFOs. It's just the way his went about that bothers me.
Read the following:

The strange behavior of Col. John Alexander in the early 1990s
noriohayakawa2012.blogspot.com...

-------
www.facebook.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

How ignorant do you sound. You don't know these people, so i don't know how you seem to know how their mind thinks. Are you an expert or something? I am not saying they are telling the truth, and i am not saying they are lying, but i will not pretend i am some sort of expert and know how they think.

All i will say is this. I want evidence bfore i believe what they are saying.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I happen to know John Alexander personally. I've spent hours discussing these topics with him one on one.

FYI, he's going to be on the ATSLive Radio Show Saturday March, 5th. He's a very interesting and brilliant guy. He's certainly not involved in any "psyops" or anything other than trying to get at the truth like the rest of us IMO.

He's been in high places and firmly believes the governments are just as confused by this as we are. In other words when he says "disclosure has already happened senior officials have stated UFOs are real" he means exactly that and nothing more.

My take on what he's saying is that they don't have any evidence beyond what the reports (the vast majority of which have been made public) indicate. I have some serious issues with that based on a couple cases I've reviewed over the years, but I don't believe there is a huge cover up, way too hard to pull off and way too dangerous if you get caught.

Tune in to ATSLive a week from Saturday night and you can ask him anything you want.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Even though his book will upset all of the religious UFO believers - and perhaps a few others as well - it is actually a very big deal for someone of his caliber to come out and release a book like this. It has already gone mainstream - there is an article and exclusive interview in Popular Mechanics. They take high-level military types more seriously than kooky UFO and conspiracy theory researchers. Sorry to say it - but Colonel Alexander's strategy is far more credible than Dr. Steven Greer's. But it is true that The Disclosure Project is in direct competition with people like Colonel Alexander et al. The latter group has a different plan - and it doesn't involve an immediate and overwhelming clump of apparent facts regarding reverse-engineered craft and ET bodies and the rest of that. Granted, the hour is late - and Colonel Alexander's book is not really breaking new ground for what researchers like us already know - but it is a huge step for a mainstream release. And it will be taken far more seriously. Also - it does put to rest a lot of the nonsense in UFOlogy while still highlighting genuine UFO cases and anomalies. But what's next - surely we can't keep on playing this game. Is America to just open up another Project Bluebook?

Real or man-made - these UFOs and so-called ETs are necessary to unite the world. I am certain that has always been the strategy in the minds of people like Alexander AND Greer.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I happen to know John Alexander personally. I've spent hours discussing these topics with him one on one.

FYI, he's going to be on the ATSLive Radio Show Saturday March, 5th. He's a very interesting and brilliant guy. He's certainly not involved in any "psyops" or anything other than trying to get at the truth like the rest of us IMO.

He's been in high places and firmly believes the governments are just as confused by this as we are. In other words when he says "disclosure has already happened senior officials have stated UFOs are real" he means exactly that and nothing more.

My take on what he's saying is that they don't have any evidence beyond what the reports (the vast majority of which have been made public) indicate. I have some serious issues with that based on a couple cases I've reviewed over the years, but I don't believe there is a huge cover up, way too hard to pull off and way too dangerous if you get caught.

Tune in to ATSLive a week from Saturday night and you can ask him anything you want.

Springer...

I have to ask,
If government or governments are confused, does this mean the White house or Downing street et al? by that I refer to the instance of Winston Churchill going to the military in the case of the wartime "Foo Fighters" Their instance has never been resolved properly, and since the German military seemingly had the same experiences without resolution. There is also the Mosquito and flying saucer incident , also WW2 covered extensively here by The Daily Mail,

www.dailymail.co.uk...

which seems for all the world like a Nazi flying saucer/Coanda effect machine. But wasn't Churchill reassured, by the military in the case of the "Foo Fighters" that it was basically a non-event. To add, I know the 'Mail is not always the best source, but this time there is no great sensationalism, just the story.
edit on 23-2-2011 by smurfy because: Add text.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hey Springer, I'm wondering if you can answer this. Col. Alexander mentions a precognitive sentience "out there" is he essentially saying aliens or something else? He also mentions that the right questions aren't being asked, what are the right questions to ask? Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by vinunleaded
www.aolnews.com...

Thanks for posting.

Bill

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
www.aolnews.com...

I liked it, but as though something is missing as here:

en.rian.ru...

Both of them are not quite frank otherwise they would stress on the importance of the problem.

top topics

join