It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Dusting-off" some old threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I was wondering if the staff/members would have an issue with "bumping" some old threads, to kinda refresh some of our memories to the extremely important topics, previously talked about on ATS. Let me explain. I still feel like a newbie here even though I had been lurking since probably '03 or '04, and I have learned a large amount from posting members, and I thank you all! One thread started today made me think of a thread in the past, that today is even "MORE" pertinent "now", than at the time it was discussed. It was about the "bankers manifesto of 1892" (www.abovetopsecret.com...), and I "dusted it off", and posted within this thread.
I started to think about the fact that that thread has stuck in my mind since 2008 or so and I will never forget it. I was wondering if some of the members that have been here awhile, with the permission of staff, would think about some of the absolutely "most important" threads that they have seen, and wont soon forget, (even if its from 2002 or ''03), and give them a "bump"? It may also help newbies like me not start "redundant threads". I hope this makes sense, and I thank you ahead of time, for your consideration and comments.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by G.A.G.

If you can add something new to the thread, that's terrific. Maybe update with new info? I'd refrain from going into search mode and bumping threads with "bump" or some other one line response that adds nothing to the topic.

If nothing else, write a few sentences about why the thread is interesting to you, maybe include some links to other relevant threads. Nothing wrong with that at all, and it could be really interesting bringing some of the older material back out for discussion.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Along these lines (didn't see a need for an entirely new thread)....it involves the "Search ATS" I have an issue with. An old "chem"-trail thread, trying to find....was from only last summer, or so. BUT, can't remember enough of the other keywords in the title...so, with "chemtrail" as the only search word, get 100 threads max, going back to Novermber 2010!! No more to choose, going back farther, that I can find?

We see so many repeat threads, nowadays...and the mantra is "Use Search"...but, I can see how search is frustrating...(and, there's that 30-second rule?? If I make a typo, then I have to wait to try again....it's annoying,and no wonder so many fail in checking beore authoring threads).

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Oh, I know the Search function is far from perfect
We're typically not all that tense about "duplicate threads" unless there's one that's been recently active, say within the past 3 months. Those will usually pop up on a search. It's the much older threads that are sometimes hard to find with search.

It's all good. My point was intending to focus upon the idea that we'd rather older threads not be resurrected without adding something to them other than "Bump", or some such minimal non-contribution.

[Edit to add]

Actually I just did a site search on chem trails using the little search box. it returned 70 pages of results and 691 items. I spot checked and some were as far back as '05.
edit on 2/24/2011 by yeahright because: Edit to add

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Weed, if you go to google and type in www.abovetopsecret.com then chemtrails, on the left you will see more search tools, click it and it will let you put a custom date range in, for example I put www.abovetopsecret.com chemtrails and set the date 2002-2003 and it came back with many results including North Texas "chemtrails"

which is from 2003.

Hope this is useful.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Hey, cool!

Never thought of that route.....I found one from July, using the ATS search, just by repeatedly using different search words....grrrrr.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by woogleuk

Hey, cool!

Never thought of that route.....I found one from July, using the ATS search, just by repeatedly using different search words....grrrrr.

Weed, youve been here a while, is there any thread that you will never forget, but hasnt been discussed in awhile? What was your favorite thread?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by G.A.G.

Ah, that's a tough one. All of the ones I authored, of course!

No, not really....one that has languished was in old "Below Top Secret"....which is now just called "Off-Topic".

Was a place to bring some of the funniest posts you spotted, in various threads. "Graveyard" was in the thread title......

Errrrp! Not "graveyard"...."burial ground"!!

"Classic Quotes" Burial Ground

Double Errrrp! Op has since been banned....hmmmmm. No reflection on this thread, I am sure.....

edit on 24 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I found one called the graveyard shift, but that looked like random discussion.

Oh and a little change to what I said earlier, when you are searching on google, to just search this site type "site:" like this.........

site:abovetopsecret.com [insert search term]

no WWW.

edit on 24/2/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

reply to post by G.A.G.

No, not really....one that has languished was in old "Below Top Secret"....which is now just called "Off-Topic".

Was a place to bring some of the funniest posts you spotted, in various threads. "Graveyard" was in the thread title......

Double Errrrp! Op has since been banned....hmmmmm. No reflection on this thread, I am sure.....

WEED!!! That was great. Good suggestion. I noticed the "thread" itself is not really dead yet, just going a little slow. The member who started this had a fantastic idea here. I really liked this one about the car door ( I thought this one was quite witty...and it kinda made sense considering the topic...

The thread was The 1 item you would take to another planet

Originally posted by wdkirk
I would bring my car door so I could roll the window down when it gets hot.

or

I would bring Chuck Norris. No explanation needed.

signature:
"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
Mark Twain

and this one (Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by mf_luder
I will be straight forward with you - I think half of what Fox news puts out is crap.

Half of what CNN, CBS, ABC is also crap.
Most of what MSNBC puts out is pure crap.
The newspapers are piles of Partisan crap.
Most Blogs are crap.
ATS has more than its share of crap.
AM Radio has multitudes of crap.
Politicians are composed of a special kind of concentrated crap.

Just means we have to dig through a lot of crap to get facts. I wear my mental hip-waders and dive in. Crap washes off.

If not for crap, we would have nothing to talk about. Is that what you are really saying? )

and this one(This was just posted in an extremely ignorant thread about Muslims:

Some abide in the infinitesimal space of their own dark ignorance that precludes any light of understanding coming out of the black hole of their mind.

By: inforeal

And it is so true... Some people would rather stay on their island of ignorance where it's safe instead of venturing out in hopes of finding a better island

He got a thumbs up for the poetic way he put it)

I could go on and on! Thankyou weed for if it werent for you, I would have never seen this. I would like to contribute to that thread, but in a way it seems pointless...but we cant let it go the way of the "Dodo bird". g.a.g.

:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

reply to post by G.A.G.

Thankyou weedwhacker!! Great recomendation, love it!

edit on 25-2-2011 by flashcube because: (no reason given)

top topics

join